Moparts

Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic.

Posted By: TimS

Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic. - 06/24/20 01:17 AM

Need a rear tranny mount for the 727 in my 72 Roadrunner and see some pretty cheap looking examples offered by Auto Zone and OReilly’s. Where is the best place to get a good quality piece?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic. - 06/24/20 01:52 AM

I have this one (poly?) but I read too much about they being stiff enough to cause the alum trans case to break.

Attached picture SAM_1150.JPG
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic. - 06/24/20 12:36 PM

I've had the same Prothane brand of poly mount in my cuda since 1997. Started out as a very mild 440 daily driver and now makes well over 1k hp.
Only trans case I hurt was when a stock clutch drum exploded in 2008...the entire trans case had to be swept up off the first 20 feet of the track.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic. - 06/24/20 04:01 PM

I've been using the poly trans mounts in my Dart which has the spool type for many years. Never a problem.

Only extreme condition I could imagine is if you have a lot of HP, hammer on it a lot, and have a lot of unsupported uni-body twist. i.e.: no frame connectors But that just means one hasn't upgraded the rest of the car to keep up with the added HP.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic. - 06/24/20 04:05 PM

I second the Poly mount works good - the rubber aftermarket ones as of late seem to shred easy - like the quality is just not there
Posted By: TimS

Re: Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic. - 06/24/20 04:08 PM

I notice Jegs and Summit sell the Poly style as a complete OE replacement with the bracket or just the Polys with tube by themselves. I would think the whole unit would be worth the extra money. Digging the old rubber out of the stock bracket is probably a hassle and it appears the poly brackets are thicker.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Best Quality Rear Tranny Mount for an Automatic. - 06/26/20 04:36 PM

double R, i "may" be interested in that mount if it's for sale. what year is that for ?
pm me. thanks !
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums