Moparts

New Best ET

Posted By: n20mstr

New Best ET - 06/08/20 01:38 AM

Went to Cecil county for the first Ultra race of 2020.
Right off the trailer it went 4.96, and then a 4.94
Spun a couple passes, but see in the video that it went into tire shake and then spun, so hopefully tire pressure etc can get it consistent again
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 01:40 AM

Video??? What video?? Can we see?? Please!

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
Video??? What video?? Can we see?? Please!

LOL
Its on my phone,
Posted By: GY3

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 02:47 AM

Wow, that's movin'!
Posted By: dvw

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 09:27 AM

Nice pick up
Posted By: fbs63

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 11:12 AM

Nice! Great accomplishment.
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 04:23 PM

Nice.... I heard the track was good this weekend. I'm hoping for the UNSS this weekend. Waiting on the announcement.

What is your combo?

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by JACK1440
Nice.... I heard the track was good this weekend. I'm hoping for the UNSS this weekend. Waiting on the announcement.

What is your combo?

3055LBS
530" BB B1 heads
Single Entry nitrous plate
275 radial tire
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 05:09 PM

Saw the sheet on facebook..Congrats on the new best, sounds like the changes and weight coming out showed a big improvement
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 05:13 PM

Congratulations! boogie

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Saw the sheet on facebook..Congrats on the new best, sounds like the changes and weight coming out showed a big improvement

Al, weight is perfect now. Every time I went over the scales it was 3055, im supposed to be 3050.

I have the air too low in the tires, and watching the vids I see now that when it spins it shakes the tire first. Its getting really wrinkled up and when the wrinkles hit the bottom of the tire...there it goes, spins . So my plan is add some air, and maybe tighten the ext on the rear shock.

There some other things in the progressive that really helped the 60' come around
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 05:19 PM

Its nice to be t minimum for sure, ballast at minimum is even better.

You know what they say about shake, just ad more power smile Sounds like you have a handle on that with air and shock settings but don't forget more power can fix that too .
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: New Best ET - 06/08/20 06:08 PM

Whoa. I can't imagine what that even feels like. Congrats!
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: New Best ET - 06/09/20 04:15 PM

Awesome Tony!!!
Posted By: scottb

Re: New Best ET - 06/09/20 07:11 PM

Nice job Tony you are getting a good handle of your car and it’s flying are you on a slick or a radial slick great job for sure

Re: New Best ET - 06/09/20 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by scottb
Nice job Tony you are getting a good handle of your car and it’s flying are you on a slick or a radial slick great job for sure

Im on an Ultra Street required Radial. Et Street R 275.
Posted By: challenger451ci

Re: New Best ET - 06/10/20 02:34 AM

Congratulations Tony! That's hauling the mail.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: New Best ET - 06/10/20 01:51 PM

Good job. I'd like to get out to Cecil if I ever get mine junk together. Was Ron out there?
Posted By: Dragula

Re: New Best ET - 06/10/20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr

Spun a couple passes, but see in the video that it went into tire shake and then spun, so hopefully tire pressure etc can get it consistent again

Gezussss, that is flying! I can say, I will probably never go that fast, the learning curve alone to get there is more than enough....Congrats, that is truly flying!

Re: New Best ET - 06/10/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Yuck
Good job. I'd like to get out to Cecil if I ever get mine junk together. Was Ron out there?

Ron ? who are you referring to?

Re: New Best ET - 06/10/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Originally Posted by n20mstr

Gezussss, that is flying! I can say, I will probably never go that fast, the learning curve alone to get there is more than enough....Congrats, that is truly flying!

Thanks, its been progressing along, we have made pretty good strides lately. Racepak, I phone Vids, Go pro Vids, and lots of professional help along the way. It is hard to do it without DATA and experience. Some racers are very tight lipped about what works, cant blame them.
AND....we still have more jet we can put in the plate. Its not maxxed out yet.
Thanks again for the props
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: New Best ET - 06/17/20 04:58 PM

Nice Tony! thanks for the updates.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: New Best ET - 06/22/20 02:11 PM

Congrats Tony! You've worked hard for it and now it's flying!
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: New Best ET - 06/22/20 02:31 PM

That’s amazing and on a small tire like that! Congrats !!

Re: New Best ET - 06/22/20 04:51 PM

Looking at the racepak, the converter is not grabbing the motor until 1.08, So after some calls. Its not the converter is too tight....it needs more power in that first 1.0 . That's what I was talking about before, "professional" help looking at your info helps so much and shortens the learning curve tremendously. Well worth spending money with these guys when they help so much after the sales.

ALSO Ultimate....cant say enough. Montgomery got back to me asap on Friday, that's some customer service. No worries about new management/ownership at all
© 2024 Moparts Forums