Moparts

Whatever happened to the Haze ?

Posted By: deaks

Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/06/20 08:25 PM

Just curious,did the current owner ever use the car in anger ?
Mick
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/06/20 08:35 PM

He sleeps in darkness. Lol
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/06/20 09:51 PM

I don’t think the Coke Bottle Kid ever got it to the track, did he?

I remember it had been driven somewhere, and while it was sitting and getting a little heat soaked, a valve seat fell out of one of heads(stage 6’s).
That was discovered when he went to start it up. I don’t remember if it was locked up or if there were crunching sounds.

I don’t remember ever hearing of it running after that.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/06/20 10:07 PM

It’s still waiting. LOL
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/07/20 04:29 PM

The guy that originally owned The Haze is on another board I frequent. He was asking about the car the other day.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/07/20 08:42 PM

Sometimes projects just get to be too much to handle. I know a lot of cars that just sit in the garage waiting for "someday". Probably happens to almost every project car out there.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/07/20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
] I know a lot of cars that just sit in the garage waiting for "someday".

Someday is my middle name. Or is it a round tuit?

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/07/20 11:03 PM

Me too until I took early retirement and headed out to the shop full time. Now I can actually make progress on a weekly basis.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/08/20 12:00 AM

Sometimes thing languish due to lack of time, money or ambition. I'm guilty of all three but once it starts nothing will stop me and it will get done come hell or high water.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/08/20 12:14 AM

If you don't have more than five balls, projects, in the air at one time your not a good juggler whistling
My wife has threaten to kill me if I don't get our 1940 Ford Tudor sedan project I bought and started in 2002 done before I die confused grin It is around 75 % done and I'm working on it again this summer luck
My new back half car is waiting on a local guy to make molds for a one piece carbon fibre lift off front end and doors, I hate people who promise and then don't produce after you pay them half down to start with and don't produce anything but excuses after that rant whiney
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 12:26 PM

I was lucky enough to get a passenger ride (on the road) in the Haze from Eric (Coke Bottle Kid) many years ago - it was functional at the time, maybe briefly. I recall it had already run 8-zeros, weren't many turbo cars around at that time, an awesome car! I can't really talk about long term projects - my Challenger street car has been off the road for decades now -too many issues to get in the way, family, health, priorities of life etc. However - it will be completed........
Posted By: jcc

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
Me too until I took early retirement and headed out to the shop full time. Now I can actually make progress on a weekly basis.

I should have then retired 30 years ago. rolleyes

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin
I was lucky enough to get a passenger ride (on the road) in the Haze from Eric (Coke Bottle Kid) many years ago - it was functional at the time, maybe briefly. I recall it had already run 8-zeros, weren't many turbo cars around at that time, an awesome car! I can't really talk about long term projects - my Challenger street car has been off the road for decades now -too many issues to get in the way, family, health, priorities of life etc. However - it will be completed........

You need to get it done Gavin, before you get too old to work on it and drive it.
Mick
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 01:09 PM

Two things that help me finish long term projects.I found if you work on the project every day a little bit it gets done.You don't have to actually work on it just doing research helps make progress. The other is to farm out work when needed. I like to do as much as I can myself but sometimes due to time, skill, work or family it is best to have a pro do it.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 01:17 PM

Makes me feel better. wink It only took me 4 yrs. to build a replica model of my sons Charger. laugh2

I have this video of The Haze saved. up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkGFjX3deVM

Tim
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
Two things that help me finish long term projects.I found if you work on the project every day a little bit it gets done.You don't have to actually work on it just doing research helps make progress. The other is to farm out work when needed. I like to do as much as I can myself but sometimes due to time, skill, work or family it is best to have a pro do it.

Sometimes I wish I could hand off some of my projects but then it wouldn’t really be “my project” to have pride in. Kinda be like selling everything and buying a new Challenger and sitting on a chair at a car show with an umbrella drink in my hand saying hey look at my car.
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by deaks
You need to get it done Gavin, before you get too old to work on it and drive it.
Mick

too late - I'm already too old down grin
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by RTSE4ME

Sometimes I wish I could hand off some of my projects but then it wouldn’t really be “my project” to have pride in. Kinda be like selling everything and buying a new Challenger and sitting on a chair at a car show with an umbrella drink in my hand saying hey look at my car.

That's my advantage of being a street car,,,,so I resemble that remark without the budget to go racing at least once a month anymore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wDmNa4g9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1GhZBVznQ
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 04:14 PM

What some chassis work would do for that car...
I used to go back and forth with him over how things work etc... Good natured banter. Last I recall, (early 2000s) he was going to college and had to put off repairing the car. Don’t recall specifics on damage, but it was engine issues. He should have long been out of college by now. Probably found a good woman and multiplied. Probably buried under bigwheels and bicycles in a garage somewhere.
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/09/20 04:47 PM

Eric has been here a time or so in the last few years. He and I have DM'ed. My parents and then I used to own one of his old Chargers (white 73).
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/10/20 12:38 AM

I saw that thing run some ridiculous number at Sac raceway and then, later, turn onto the street and drive home. No trailer!

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/11/20 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by I_bleed_MOPAR
Makes me feel better. wink It only took me 4 yrs. to build a replica model of my sons Charger. laugh2

I have this video of The Haze saved. up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkGFjX3deVM

Tim

That's a pretty wild ride.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/11/20 10:26 PM

Some years back Eric and I talked a fair bit.. he came out to Woodward one year and wanted
me to do a big burn out with my car.. I passed since the cops were there
wave

Re: Whatever happened to the Haze ? - 06/11/20 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by calmopar
I saw that thing run some ridiculous number at Sac raceway and then, later, turn onto the street and drive home. No trailer!

I was at the track last week and a '68 Impala pulled up and run a high 8's in street trim. Twin turbo LS motor under the hood. Thru the mufflers, not sure which tires he had on the car. Looked like a daily driver and was quiet as a church mouse. The guy I was with said "that is the end of my street racing days"!
© 2024 Moparts Forums