Moparts

Moser Dana 60 Question

Posted By: scatpacktom

Moser Dana 60 Question - 05/25/20 04:10 PM

A friend of mine needs a hand setting up a Moser Dana 60.

My question is, does the Moser unit have spanners in them like the Strange Dana or do I need to take my spreader? I have orig Dana's and Strange Dana's but I have no experience with Moser

Thanks
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Moser Dana 60 Question - 05/25/20 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by scatpacktom
A friend of mine needs a hand setting up a Moser Dana 60.

My question is, does the Moser unit have spanners in them like the Strange Dana or do I need to take my spreader? I have orig Dana's and Strange Dana's but I have no experience with Moser

Thanks

I'd say take your spreader because I think the only threaded housings are made by Strange as the S60. They might hold the patent for the adjustable D60 because they are the only manufacturer that advertises that feature. I think they borrowed the ides from the 14 bolt GM type truck rear..

Gus beer
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Moser Dana 60 Question - 05/26/20 02:49 AM

Thanks Gus
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Moser Dana 60 Question - 05/26/20 05:30 AM

I have a Moser Dana from about 2008 and no spanners. Need a spreader to remove diff.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Moser Dana 60 Question - 05/26/20 06:24 AM

I've never used a spreader to disassemble or reassemble a stock Dana 60, I use a good pry bar under one of the ring gear bolts to start prying the carrier up enough to expose the axle hole and then use the bar on the other side to pry the carrier bearing race up enugh to use the pry bar in either axle hole and remove it.
I use between .013 to .015 additional carrier bearing shims to preload the carrier bearings after removing them and using my honed out set of set up carrier bearings to measure the width needed to get zero preload and go from there wrench scope
A good soft blow hammer is your friend on installing the carrier after that hammer up
Posted By: 500ciDuster

Re: Moser Dana 60 Question - 05/26/20 10:31 PM

I do what you do Cab and I use some light oil on when putting the carrier in like WD-40
© 2024 Moparts Forums