Moparts

Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers

Posted By: Dragula

Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 12:00 AM

Anyone have back to back testing from standard rockers to the RBRE rockers?

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 01:15 PM

Man, it sure is slow in here......If this had been a post about Hemi blocks there would be a hundred responses by now.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 02:16 PM

No back to back tests. Heck, no tests period (track is still closed). Thanks China!

[Linked Image]Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 04:23 PM

I have not used them but was fortunate to be given the guided tour of the product
by Chuck at Best Machine. Actually an older version and a new version that had some oiling
refinements. If you can get ahold of him, he knows all about them and probably has the info you're
looking for.
Posted By: Rapid588

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 08:29 PM

Don't think you would see a lot on a time slip, but the ratio's are tons better than original rockers. That being said, I love mine for many reasons, like the corrected ratio's, the better oiling, and ease of replacing individual rocker if needed... instead of removing rocker shafts and mounts to do one rocker!
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 08:35 PM

I run them, and I like them for several reasons. You can adjust geometry with them easily. You can pull one at a time to change springs, and they are more stable at high rpms than the normal stands. Jesel has the best hemi system there is for these type heads, but they require a fair amount of machine work to use,and they're more expensive.
Posted By: Rapid588

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 08:36 PM

If you have a set of the earliest ones, make sure the ARP bolts holding down the pedestels are the correct length, I had a set of the first batch of rockers when they first came out, noticed a little oil seep out where the pedestal meets the head when I was setting the valves. Found the ARP bolts were slightly too long and were bottoming out when torquing them and were not fully seated.

I called RBRE and mentioned this to them, and then ground the bolts down to be able to race the next day. Overall... GREAT rocker system though!!!

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/17/20 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by gsmopar
No back to back tests. Heck, no tests period (track is still closed). Thanks China!

[Linked Image]Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

What ratios are you guys using? I currently use the Indy rollers....work good, but I heard a rumor that the RBRE's are worth 25hp....
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/19/20 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula
What ratios are you guys using? I currently use the Indy rollers....work good, but I heard a rumor that the RBRE's are worth 25hp....

Click the pic and it will let you zoom in.

I = 1.6
E = 1.55
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/19/20 07:48 PM

The advantage with the RB setup is that your able to correct bad valve geometry more easily.

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/19/20 09:50 PM

Looking for more HP....
Posted By: MoonshineMattK

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/19/20 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by dthemi
I run them, and I like them for several reasons. You can adjust geometry with them easily. You can pull one at a time to change springs, and they are more stable at high rpms than the normal stands. Jesel has the best hemi system there is for these type heads, but they require a fair amount of machine work to use,and they're more expensive.

What does a set of the Jesel rockers cost? And what makes them better? Did some googling and did not find any answers.

Thanks, Matt
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/19/20 11:24 PM

[/quote]What does a set of the Jesel rockers cost? And what makes them better? Did some googling and did not find any answers.

Thanks, Matt [/quote]

I think they are around $5k, and there are a few versions. The Jesel site is hard to navigate and find the Hemi rocker arms.

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/20/20 12:28 AM

https://www.raybarton.com/products/rbre-gen-ii-hemi-rocker-system
Posted By: MoonshineMattK

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/20/20 03:52 PM

Thanks
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/20/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mr_340
[/quote]What does a set of the Jesel rockers cost? And what makes them better? Did some googling and did not find any answers.

Thanks, Matt

I think they are around $5k, and there are a few versions. The Jesel site is hard to navigate and find the Hemi rocker arms. [/quote]

Yep, you'll have around 5 in them by the time you get them on the motor. Biggest difference is in the intake rocker design. As far as I know they are the most rpm stable you can just buy.

On my Barton TD stuff I run 1.7 on the intake and 1.6 exhaust
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/20/20 04:28 PM

I bought 1.6’s I&E for mine. I also decided to pushrod oil with some assistance from best machine.
Posted By: 73DAD

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/21/20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Looking for more HP....

If you're only looking for more power, I'm pretty sure Stage V makes/made a 1.7:1 ratio rocker.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Hemi guys, RBRE Hemi Rockers - 05/21/20 11:52 PM

I do wonder how different the RBRE (T&D) system is to the Jesel System (that I believe Charlie Wescott worked with them on?)??
© 2024 Moparts Forums