Moparts

Headers for SB in A body?

Posted By: drifter

Headers for SB in A body? - 05/15/20 10:52 PM

Are there any headers out there for a 360 engine in a 1967 dart either a shortie or full length engine is 320-350 hp and I don’t want to pay for tti or Doug’s there must be something that’s out there now adays that won’t drag on the ground & break the bank
Posted By: beatgoeson

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/16/20 12:03 AM

Bit the bullet and get the Doug's. You can get them raw in the low 400's and high heat paint
is much better now. Just paint them if you want. They fit great and are not ground draggers.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/16/20 02:24 PM

You didn't look here first ?
Hooker LA headers

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 03:11 AM

I’m looking for headers that don’t hang so low and cost less then tti or dougs
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by drifter
I’m looking for headers that don’t hang so low and cost less then tti or dougs

Maybe they don't exist.
Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by tubtar
Hooker LA headers

Those headers are absolute crap. Just took a pair off. They hang way too low.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 11:10 AM

You may be stuck using shorty headers to get both budget and not to low. That's not all bad. On a car that never sees the exhaust dropped, there may not be much if any power loss.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 12:21 PM

Dougs and TTI are the only ones that don't hang real low that I know of. All the other brands I've seen has the steering arm go thru the headers so they hang lower. Your best bet might be shorty headers if you want to use headers. You could always use manifolds but if you could end up having as much as a set of Dougs in those if you need to buy them and the heat shield, etc. I have a set of Dougs on my race car and they fit well.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 12:30 PM

Save your money and get one of the two types mentioned that are worth having.
Just do without till you have the money.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 01:19 PM

Drifter the fact is when you want headers that DO NOT hang low your only options are the higher priced headers. The Dougs raw (unpainted bare steel) are the least expensive at $500 give or take. BUT..........for that increased amount you get a set of headers made from real thick steel. Flanges are thick and beefy the tubes are heavy wall and the quality is nothing like the Hooker, Flowtech, Dynomax, Summit etc cheap headers. AFAIK there is no shorty header true drop in and run header for the A body. Not affordable anyway. Schumacher used to have a fantastic set but the price was near $800. The shorties Hedman offers are not made to fit anything,
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 03:23 PM

IMO.. TTIs were a waste of money , I should have just bought another set of Tubular Automotive brand headers. The only thing I gained was not having to use a 90 degree adapter. They might be good for a street car but in a race car that the motor comes out frequently they are a pain having to take the steering apart to take the headers in or out when the motor comes out, the collector flange required modifying the shifter cable bracket and they are real close to the trans shield and trans. Not to mention mine are three years old in a car thats always dry and they are starting to rust already.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/17/20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1DGEMAN
Originally Posted by tubtar
Hooker LA headers

Those headers are absolute crap. Just took a pair off. They hang way too low.

Just trying to help.
With W-9's in an early A body , I was wishing I only had those problems when it was time to figure out the exhaust.

Attached picture cooling & headers 005.jpg

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/18/20 02:10 PM

Greg do you know of a shortie that fits good?

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/18/20 03:22 PM

Ok has anyone used the shortie TTI headers in a 67 dart type of car with a sb do they fit the car better then there long tubes?
Posted By: topside

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/18/20 05:28 PM

Look in the General section for the thread about Schumacher.
Someone posted a photo & info on a shorty from Stan's Headers.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Headers for SB in A body? - 05/18/20 06:26 PM

http://www.stans-headers.com/chrysler_headers.htm

In North Auburn WA. Been there many times over the years to have a tight mandral bend done. Not cheap.
© 2024 Moparts Forums