Moparts

Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads?

Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 04/30/20 09:56 PM

I've been building a Magnum based stroker for a friend and he's been getting run around from Mancini about the availability of Eddy Magnum cylinder heads. Any body else having trouble getting Magnum heads?

Gus beer
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 04/30/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I've been building a Magnum based stroker for a friend and he's been getting run around from Mancini about the availability of Eddy Magnum cylinder heads. Any body else having trouble getting Magnum heads?

Gus beer

Check out the Speedmaster heads. You may be surprised with how they look and perform after a nice valve job. Or better yet ProMax if they offer a Magnum Head. 10 percent off sale ends today I think.

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 04/30/20 10:53 PM

Yeah John I already checked some other options and from what I've researched only Edelbrock makes magnum style heads. He already has the Magnum roller block machined and the 416 rotating assy balanced and ready to go and I need the heads to mock it all up to order the pushrods. He already paid for the heads and they sent LA heads first and he had to send them back and now there seems to be an issue getting the Magnums now mad

Gus beer
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 01:17 AM

NS1 since May of 2018... I don’t show any in inventory
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
NS1 since May of 2018... I don’t show any in inventory

Gone with the rest of the product line. Thanks for checking!

Guess a person would have to pair it up with regular edelbrock then.

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 01:49 AM

Thanks a lot Rich I will check with my buddy in the morning for a status report. He's working with Wes up at Mancini now to try and get this resolved because they already have his money.

Gus beer

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 02:25 AM

If he, you, or a friend belong to some of the Mopar Facebook groups and post a wanted ad you will get responses
Posted By: krautrock

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 02:58 AM

Mancini had Edelbrock Magnum heads on clearance a few months ago. Not sure they'd get any more.
Promaxx deosn't have the Magnum style head either that i've seen.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 03:06 AM

KInda sucks when a private equity firm buys up a quality, iconic American company that has been investing in the odd stuff like Mopars, Pontiacs, flathead stuff, etc., and decides you aren't worth the trouble if you don't have an LS.

Next stop, China junk in an Edelbrock box.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by krautrock
Mancini had Edelbrock Magnum heads on clearance a few months ago. Not sure they'd get any more.
Promaxx deosn't have the Magnum style head either that i've seen.

I got two NHRA unmarked ones on that sale. Paid $659 each full assembled. But charged me $100 shipping after the invoice was billed and paid. mad

I would not trust Mancini's staff. I've been lied to too many times over the years. And their rip off shipping system. [/rant]

Summit says the RPM 61775 will ship tomorrow. These do have the Edelbrock RPM markings on the ends.
This is the Dual spring one. The single spring will ship 5/21/2020
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-61775
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 01:21 PM

Somehow that “ships today” comment always makes me leery.... kind of like the R3 blocks they used to advertise that I knew there were none of....
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 02:30 PM

Worth a phone call to an actual human being, and a reuqest for a stock check for sure.

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 03:06 PM

Gus beer

Just throwing this out there but did he ever consider running a much better Trickflow head. Made in the good old USA and better flowing.

Notes:Magnum engines must use Harland Sharp S72025K (1.5 ratio) or S72026K (1.6 ratio) shaft mount roller rocker arms for proper oiling.

https://www.trickflow.com/search/department/cylinder-heads
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 04:04 PM

Throwing out this option. They are Magnum IRON heads. And a reputable product.

https://www.performanceinjectionequipment.com/mopar-eq-cylinder-heads

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/01/20 10:29 PM

Well he talked to Wes again and the heads are supposed to be shipped from Mississippi around the 16th of this month, I guess thats where they do the finish machining and assembly. Thanks again guys for the responses. We are really in no hurry because I'm probably not going back to work until next month.

Gus beer
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/03/20 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Gus beer

Just throwing this out there but did he ever consider running a much better Trickflow head. Made in the good old USA and better flowing.

Notes:Magnum engines must use Harland Sharp S72025K (1.5 ratio) or S72026K (1.6 ratio) shaft mount roller rocker arms for proper oiling.

John Mike at B3 Racing is setting me up with some PRW Roller rocker arms that will do push rod oiling for the trick flow heads, that I put on my 2000 magnum 360 engine.

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/03/20 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mopar65
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Gus beer

John Mike at B3 Racing is setting me up with some PRW Roller rocker arms that will do push rod oiling for the trick flow heads, that I put on my 2000 magnum 360 engine.

Nice. TrickFlow delayed their release of these heads many months and redesigned it to meet a larger need. Intakes were delayed for casting issues and I’m not sure if they are available yet or not. I look forward to more Mopar products from them in the future.
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/03/20 01:57 PM

Comp cams 1622-16 rockers will oil through the pushrods also and I have a friend who has them mocked on a magnum with Trick Flow heads. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-1622-16/make/dodge

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/03/20 06:34 PM

Kind of why we wanted to stick with Magnum heads so we could use a really nice set of rockers and oil through the pushrods.

Gus beer

Attached picture rockers.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Shortage of Edelbrock Magnum heads? - 05/05/20 08:01 PM

Edelbrock is in Cali. California businesses are SHUT DOWN. That or they are too busy making LS
© 2024 Moparts Forums