Moparts

timing chain help

Posted By: bonefish

timing chain help - 04/08/20 07:12 PM

i cant seem to find anyone online who sells PRO GEAR timing chain set,whats the latest word on the best option for a street strip combo.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bonefish
i cant seem to find anyone online who sells PRO GEAR timing chain set,whats the latest word on the best option for a street strip combo.

Check out the billet summit Racing timing gear set. I have one of those on one engine and a Cloyes billet set on another engine.
Posted By: Neil

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 07:58 PM

Maybe here?

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...;level1=VGltaW5nIENoYWluICYgQ29tcG9uZW50

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 08:13 PM

i searched thier site and found no timing chain of any type

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 09:30 PM

I'm seeing it here.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...ENoYWluICYgQ29tcG9uZW50&partid=23311

and here.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...ENoYWluICYgQ29tcG9uZW50&partid=23310
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by bonefish
i searched thier site and found no timing chain of any type

Unless they just stopped selling them, I got one for a BB about 4 or so months ago. It is very nice.

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 10:23 PM

I have one on my sb. Worth every penny.

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 11:15 PM

THANKS,i must be gittin cabin fever nervous
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: timing chain help - 04/08/20 11:18 PM

If your looking for a BB timing set stay away from the Cloyes 9 key way sets, the cam gear are whacky and won't fit under a stock timing cover whiney
I have 7 sets that are that way, I've contacted Cloyes several times and got nothing but the run around form them, DANG IT anyways shruggy
Next step is legal action with the OR state consumer if Cloyes won't fix it after my next call to them tomorrow morning asking to talk to a manager about this luck

Re: timing chain help - 04/09/20 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
If your looking for a BB timing set stay away from the Cloyes 9 key way sets, the cam gear are whacky and won't fit under a stock timing cover whiney
I have 7 sets that are that way, I've contacted Cloyes several times and got nothing but the run around form them, DANG IT anyways shruggy
Next step is legal action with the OR state consumer if Cloyes won't fix it after my next call to them tomorrow morning asking to talk to a manager about this luck
Thats good to know,i almost got one of those.
Posted By: varunner

Re: timing chain help - 04/09/20 01:06 PM

ebay

I've bought a couple off ebay, only place I found them.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: timing chain help - 04/09/20 01:18 PM

Hughes has them. Best chain and gear set I have ever owned and I have had them all. Last a loooong time. Pricey, but worth it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums