Moparts

Throttle cable help

Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Throttle cable help - 03/27/20 02:37 AM

I'm looking for the longest "factory style" throttle cable to fit a '72 Cuda. Mine has the square plastic mount at the firewall, but I also have a RB with a tall intake and dominator. A factory small block one is too short. I'm thinking that a 6 cylinder car would have had the longest cable from the factory? Would a pick up truck cable from that era also fit the fire wall? And where to find one?
Thanks, Brian
Posted By: CSK

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/27/20 02:40 AM

Mancini has them
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/27/20 03:43 AM

Slant 6 is the longest cable.. I use to make my cables(had the parts and crimper)
wave
Posted By: CSK

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/27/20 04:01 AM

any parts store

Attached picture Screenshot (56).png
Posted By: tabletop390

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/27/20 04:36 AM

Ehrenberg sells them on eBay too.
Posted By: superwrench

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/28/20 04:30 PM

I got the super long one from Mancini for my stroker in my '71. a tad long maybe, but it worked great with the tall cable bracket
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/28/20 04:51 PM

After more research and help from you guys on here, looks like Pioneer make a variety of "stock type" throttle cables to fit Mopars. The CA-8410 measures approx. 23", while the CA-8408 measures approx. 29". Both are available from a multitude of vendors, including Mancini, Autozone, O'reillys, Advance, ect. There may be other lengths available also.
Thanks for the help. Brian
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/29/20 01:22 PM

For what it is worth I used a Lokar cable with my tunnel ram because I couldn't use any conventional cable brackets. It has worked well and you can cut it to whatever length you need.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Throttle cable help - 03/29/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
For what it is worth I used a Lokar cable with my tunnel ram because I couldn't use any conventional cable brackets. It has worked well and you can cut it to whatever length you need.

Mr three smoke
Before and after.

Attached picture 7.12.12 (3).jpg
Attached picture 11.9.15 028.jpg
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Throttle cable help - 04/01/20 01:31 AM

my lokar pulled the lead end off it at the pedal, not sure i am a fan, after race day was shot
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Throttle cable help - 04/01/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by 68roadrunner
my lokar pulled the lead end off it at the pedal, not sure i am a fan, after race day was shot

Mine has been fine even though it is pulling two throttle bodies and the associated return springs. I have heard of that problem before and for that reason I carry a spare.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Throttle cable help - 04/01/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by 68roadrunner

I always keep and extra wire with me just as I did with the 6cyl. I go to the track a few time a year and the extra stress used to stress me,no mo grin
© 2024 Moparts Forums