Moparts

Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW

Posted By: hemienvy

Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/16/20 07:44 PM

I would be willing to ship to a good shop anywhere, but it would be nice
if there was a top notch shop closer to me.
All suggestions appreciated !

OOPS, manual transmissions !
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/16/20 09:28 PM

It's not a real difficult transmission to build and requires only a few special or home built tools to complete the job. If you cant find anybody local shoot me a PM and I can do the job for you.
Gus beer
Posted By: tman

Re: Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/16/20 11:20 PM

I would like a nice place in the Seattle area for my Torqueflite.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/16/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by tman

Well not to derail, but that man was Pat Blais, but I think he’s retired now, google and call him. None better, period.
Posted By: topside

Re: Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/17/20 12:09 AM

Pat may still be selling on Ebay.
Good guy, knows his stuff, and a train collector if you're like-minded...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/17/20 01:42 AM

Street or drag race tranny?
I'm in Bend, OR and use to drag race a Hemi Cuda in NHRA stock for almost three years back in the early to mid 1970s, lots of maintenance on those early slick shifted and Pro shifted boxes back then, I still have some of those parts left.
Is yours a 23 or 18 spline and do you know which year box it is or the low gear ratio? That matters on the input and output shaft bearings scope
As already said they are not like new manual trannies at all, not really complicated to work on either as long as you know what your doing or can follow using a factory service manual scope
PM me on here if you want thumbs
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/17/20 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by tman

Well not to derail, but that man was Pat Blais, but I think he’s retired now, google and call him. None better, period.

I had a guy named Pat rebuild my 426 wedge back in the 80's. Don't remember his last name but his business name was Pat's Trans Doc in Post Falls. He was a Hemi guy, had a Hemi b body race car and a couple of early b body cars. One MW and I think the other was Hemi. I think it is the same Pat but I'm not sure. He left Post Falls so maybe he went over to the Seattle area. A-1 Performance Transmission is in Vancouver, WA these days. They left SoCal and moved north.
Posted By: hemienvy

Re: Transmission builder in Seattle/Pac NW - 03/17/20 05:34 AM

I PM'ed 4gearsavoy on this, but I will share my concern.
I think I can disassemble & assemble all the pieces, but I don't have the eye or the experience
to see if anything just looks funny or maybe has slightly incorrect clearance, or......????
Cab, it is a street deal, I want synchros.
I have seen some excellent youtube videos on this. But this is like learning to be a race driver by playing video games.
© 2024 Moparts Forums