Moparts

Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump

Posted By: Chargerfan68

Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 03:45 AM

Ive been searching and can’t find a good double lip main seal for mopar bb meant for engine pulling vacuum. What are you guys using and where can i get it from. I searched for Tritec ptfe double lip seal that some guys here recommended on other posts, but they do not make one for 2 piece bb mopar , that i saw listed. I am going thru alot of work to try and make this engine sealed, and hate to use just a standard felpro seal that really is designed for crankcase under pressure.

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 05:33 AM

the seal tri tec makes for the second gen.426 is a 3 piece seal (double lip) works great, last motor I used the seals on (both jesel seal and rear main) pulled 21" at Idle with total seal rings and a 3 vein moroso vacuum pump...….T-30501 is the part number for the rear main seal
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 11:53 AM

Check with:

Patterson Elite Performance
Mailing Address: PO BOX 338, Augusta, KS 67010
Shipping Address: 920 Industrial Rd., Augusta, KS 67010
Phone: 316-775-7771
Fax: 316-775-7774
email: info@patterson-elite.com

They stock these seals and I am sure they could get anything you needed if they did not have it in stock.
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 12:57 PM

this is the one i use. I make around 11 inches of vacuum at idle with a stock timing chain cover and a old moroso 3 vane pump. proior to changing the seal i made 4 inches.
http://www.fastfishautoparts.com/Performance-Engine-Seals.html

Joe
edit looking at boatracers seal it's the same thing as fastfish for 1/2 the cost!!!

FYI it's a one piece seal you slice and RTV back together, works great.

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 04:17 PM

Thanks....i just ordered that seal Boatracer listed from Tritec. Now i can finish this engine build. Thanks very much. And thanks for that lead 340Cuda. Ill keep that contact in mind for the future.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 05:28 PM

Do you have a link or contact info on the company you bought them from help
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 08:15 PM

https://www.tritecmotorsports.com/store/products/426-hemi-rear-crank-shaft-seal
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/13/20 08:23 PM

I just turned the stock seal backwards on my R3 engine
wave
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 02:18 AM

Thanks for the help up

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 02:41 AM

Yep....thats the one above.

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chargerfan68

glad I could help.... most important use no silicone on the seal to the block.... nicest seal I have ever used.....

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by boatracer572

glad I could help.... most important use no silicone on the seal to the block.... nicest seal I have ever used.....

Great. Thanks for that tip. Btw, is the teflon (i think) seal on the Jesel belt drive cover the hot ticket for these applications, or is there a better designed seal meant for crankcase vacuum that i should sub in there?
Posted By: moparx

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 03:36 PM

why can't that seal be used on an engine with out a vacuum pump ?
beer

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 04:21 PM

The tritec seals for the jesel belt drive are the same seals used by pro stock teams, and sold by places like Paterson,scmidt,sonnys..exc.exc. racing engines,,, jesel sells the tritec seals and marks them up big time...… tritec jesel double lip seal numbers are: (T-15942 ) crank seal
( T-13561 ) cam seal for BBM
care must be taken on the cam seal while pushing seal on cam hub to make sure the lip doesn't roll.standard jessel seals work good to around 20" of vacuum if your looking for more these tritec double lip seals are the ticket... I run 23" in my motor with a vacuum regulator. could run more if I so desired.....

Attached picture B6A575CE-CB6D-494D-9AF1-EA4128AA13EA.jpeg

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
beer

its designed to seal with vacuum

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 08:29 PM

The tritec seals for the jesel belt drive are the same seals used by pro stock teams, and sold by places like Paterson,scmidt,sonnys..exc.exc. racing engines,,, jesel sells the tritec seals and marks them up big time...… tritec jesel double lip seal numbers are: (T-15942 ) crank seal
care must be taken on the cam seal while pushing seal on cam hub to make sure the lip doesn't roll.standard jessel seals work good to around 20" of vacuum if your looking for more these tritec double lip seals are the ticket... I run 23" in my motor with a vacuum regulator. could run more if I so desired.....

Thanks, Boatracer. Appreciate the advice. Im hoping for 12-15” but i might use that seal in the Jesel cover for the future. That is one beautiful, boat!! Must be insane to race that.

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/14/20 09:26 PM

Thanks, Boatracer. Appreciate the advice. Im hoping for 12-15” but i might use that seal in the Jesel cover for the future. That is one beautiful, boat!! Must be insane to race that.

thanks...the combo works really well as a 1280+hp... 160 mph bracket boat.....a pair of air plate stops under the carbs and delay box to activate the clutch make sure were consistent.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/17/20 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
beer

its designed to seal with vacuum

Thank You. up now i know.
beer

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/18/20 07:53 PM

Boatracer572....you have a pm.

Re: Rear main seal for eng with vacuum pump - 03/19/20 12:38 AM

Boatracer572....you have a pm.

got it and sent one back