https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyY09aNEPak
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/28/20 06:30 PM

better save the crate .. in 30 years it will be worth a million dollars
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/28/20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad

You can bet the top of that crate with the Logo will end up proudly mounted on a wall.

10w-60 oil.....didn’t even know that existed.
Posted By: hemienvy

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 01:44 AM

How much boost does it take to make 1000 horse in a real (Gen 2) Hemi ? I know, it depends..........
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 01:50 AM

Id like to see that guy trip and bust his head on it, his ebay dept blows. Three bad orders out of three in 5 years, order 6, get 5, order 16 get 15.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 02:38 AM

These were a big deal at SEMA in 2018? Are they just now being released? Has anyone actually gotten one and put it in a car? I know I live off the beaten path but i haven't heard anything about them for quite a while.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 03:04 AM

cMac ... don’t you know that guy who ordered it ? Isn’t Fulton county in Canada? penguin
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 03:18 AM

Dakota Customs north of Rapid City SD got one in last week. They specialize in Jeep and Ram 1500 hemi/hellcat/demon engine upgrades....

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
cMac ... don’t you know that guy who ordered it ? Isn’t Fulton county in Canada? penguin

Not THAT far off the path.

Just wondering...announced 16 months ago and they're just now getting into people's hands? Or am I missing some information? I just don't recall seeing any out there in cars and running. You would think there would be a YT video of someone wrecking one at the track if they had.
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 07:32 AM

Prototypes were self-destructing on the dyno. Most were eating cams up. Ol' Mother Mopar jumped the gun on the announcement without thorough testing...
Posted By: GY3

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by sixpakdodge
Prototypes were self-destructing on the dyno. Most were eating cams up. Ol' Mother Mopar jumped the gun on the announcement without thorough testing...

Maybe they should try one of their .509 purple shaft cams they now (try to) sell for $500?! realcrazy

MP is a joke.
Posted By: gzig5

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

My 2000 BMW M5 specs 10w-60 synthetic for it's 400hp 5 liter motor, so It's been around for at least twenty years. Before they discontinued it, the BMW oil was nearly $15/liter. Liqui-Moly makes a nice version, but apparently they aren't all the same. In a $30k motor, I'd be running exactly what they specify.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 02/29/20 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by gzig5

My 2000 BMW M5 specs 10w-60 synthetic for it's 400hp 5 liter motor, so It's been around for at least twenty years. Before they discontinued it, the BMW oil was nearly $15/liter. Liqui-Moly makes a nice version, but apparently they aren't all the same. In a $30k motor, I'd be running exactly what they specify.

Remember in the 80’s when it was discovered that USUALLY when an engine was ‘sludged out’ it was run on 10w-40 conventional with long oil change intervals. Further research determined 10w-40 conventional was most prone to this due to the large amount of viscosity improvers required to reach the 10w-40 designation. VI’s can form sludge when subjected to high temps and old age.
Synthetics don’t require near the amount of VI’s to achieve same.

For that reason I am guessing that EVERY 10w-60 on the market is a synthetic.
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 03/01/20 02:42 PM

My buddy here in town was contacted last November to say he should see his the middle to end of December, didn’t happen. They have been good at communicating with him, apparently there were issues. I guess a little later is better than a short lived paper weight. I don’t think his will be anything more than a display piece anyway. Jim.

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 03/01/20 05:30 PM

Neat idea. If it was something I wanted to do, I'd just build one rather than fool with Tony.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 03/01/20 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
Dakota Customs north of Rapid City SD got one in last week. They specialize in Jeep and Ram 1500 hemi/hellcat/demon engine upgrades....

Small World, a guy was going to buy my vehicle and have it sent there for a Helephant transplant.

Wish he would have went through with it, would have been something that no one else had thought of doing. frown
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 03/09/20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23

What a waste that thing's going to Canada hammer Isn't driving season like 3 weeks or something?
Posted By: jcc

Re: Steve White Motors unboxes their first 426 Helliphant - 03/09/20 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by gzig5

Remember in the 80’s when it was discovered that USUALLY when an engine was ‘sludged out’ it was run on 10w-40 conventional with long oil change intervals. Further research determined 10w-40 conventional was most prone to this due to the large amount of viscosity improvers required to reach the 10w-40 designation. VI’s can form sludge when subjected to high temps and old age.
Synthetics don’t require near the amount of VI’s to achieve same.

For that reason I am guessing that EVERY 10w-60 on the market is a synthetic.

Is it a dry or wet sump?
© 2024 Moparts Forums