Moparts

What oil to use

Posted By: dragon

What oil to use - 02/19/20 03:53 PM

What oil are you.running when running methanol Engine oil WT and brand
Posted By: BobR

Re: What oil to use - 02/19/20 03:58 PM

We use NOTHING but Lucas. Tried a few other brands and for us Lucas 50w racing is by far the best. I'd pay for it before using anything else for free.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: What oil to use - 02/19/20 05:07 PM

Klotz Uplon in the fuel
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: What oil to use - 02/20/20 07:46 PM

VR1 20w50 racing. Methanol injected.
Posted By: BiomedTechGuy

Re: What oil to use - 02/20/20 09:03 PM

No methanol, but since another forum member uses it, I'll add that I have been using Valvoline VR1 for my flat tappet hydraulic lifter equipped 440, and I was using it in our Pontiac Tripower 421 GTO, until it was rebuilt with CompCams hydraulic roller lifters.
I replaced the lifters and springs in my 440 because they needed it. I don't know how old they were or what they had "been through" when I bought my 440 6bbl equipped V-code 70 Roadrunner, but they needed replacement. The new lifters and springs brought out the full performance of the 292°/.509 Purple Stripe cam, and that turned the 440 into a force to be reckoned with, as it should be.
I did use moly assembly lube and Lucas break in additive when I installed the new lifters with the existing cam notated, and broke in the combo like a new cam and FT lifters would be, and have had nothing but great results. That has been about 4 years ago, and is the best improvement so far out of everything I've done.
© 2024 Moparts Forums