Moparts

E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please

Posted By: mcat4321

E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/15/20 11:52 PM

im getting a CM cage In my 70 cuda. looking for ideas for around the full factory dash, but tight to the Apillar, im aware the dash will need modified
Posted By: cudatom

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/16/20 01:29 AM

I just had a new CM cage completed in my 73 Cuda. The cage was ran close to the A pillar and dash but not thru the dash. At the cost of new dash pads I wasn't going to cut one.

I cannot figure out how to post images but if you PM me an email will gladly send you some photos.
Posted By: JCCuda

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/17/20 12:02 AM

I am also interested in this and would love to see pictures. Thanks for bringing this subject up.
Posted By: racerx

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/17/20 04:31 PM

Its hard to post pic's on this forum shruggy
Posted By: Tig

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/18/20 07:48 PM

Here's a pic from a while ago when it was in the body shop. Top bar is a swing out bar legal to 8:50. HTH's

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T-bar

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/19/20 08:13 AM

I had my Cuda done with the bar following down the "a" pillar all the way along and then notched out the dash pad, sort of half in half out. I would post pics but can't seem to be able to reduce them. Didn't worry me cutting the pad still a nice car but didn't want the bar work intruding into the interior to much.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/19/20 11:55 AM

If I ever did a E body cage, the bar would for sure hold tight to the A pillar, and go through the dash. It looks cleaner, and doesn't add a blind spot.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/19/20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
If I ever did a E body cage, the bar would for sure hold tight to the A pillar, and go through the dash. It looks cleaner, and doesn't add a blind spot.

iagree Mine is an Alston's chassis works kit and the front bars do not go through the dash. It fit nice and was what I wanted, but I will redo the front bars at some point so they go through the dash. At the time I didn't want to cut the dash, but after dealing w/ it like it is, I wish I'd cut the crap out of it and tucked the bars up nice.

Only pic I have here...

Attached picture daddy.jpg
Posted By: Tig

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/20/20 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tig
Here's a pic from a while ago when it was in the body shop. Top bar is a swing out bar legal to 8:50. HTH's

[Linked Image]

Cage was installed 2001, we were running hi 10's back then and a friend hit the barrier and injured himself some but it could have been worse. We then upgraded to a full cage. Knowing what I know now I'd do it differently. It would be Chrome moly for a start and I'd go through a glass replica dash (Dash pad is mint bar one tiny crack). Cage would tightly follow the body lines best we coulld without compromising strength. Thought about doing it a while ago but the price of chrome moly put it out of reach when the car already certs to 8.50.
Posted By: Jambbii

Re: E-BODY factory dash with rollcage. pics please - 02/29/20 03:52 PM

The only pics I have on my comp. My dash was destroyed from the Az sun so I didn't mind cutting it up. Cage was done by a member here.

Attached picture 2011-02-20_16-02-12_219.jpg
Attached picture 2011-02-20_16-03-09_482.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums