Moparts

hyd roller lifters ?

Posted By: calrobb2000

hyd roller lifters ? - 01/19/20 02:19 PM

hi,

what is the normal life cycle of hyd. roller lifters in a 580 lift hemi ? street 80% and strip 20%.

how often do they need serviced ?

comp cams brand i think , i do not know the part no.

thank you !
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: hyd roller lifters ? - 01/19/20 05:00 PM

While I'm no expert I have done some research while contemplating my cam change last year. A hydraulic roller lifter would last a very long time because of two key features it has constant contact with the cam lobe and they require low spring pressures to operate. These factors will allow the lifter to go 100,000 miles with fresh clean lubrication. Once again not an expert but a master tech with almost 40 years in the business and I have seen many hydraulic roller engine run well over 200K twocents
Gus beer
Posted By: BiomedTechGuy

Re: hyd roller lifters ? - 01/19/20 07:19 PM

So many variables.
Given the relatively moderate spring pressure and lift of MY WIFE'S 421 Tripower cam, CompCams hydraulic roller cam and lifters, limited miles and usage, and a similar split 80/20 or 70/30 street/strip use, I honestly don't EVER expect to have to service them.
Modern high performance engines have had hydraulic roller lifters since?? decades now?
So depending on spring pressure and other wear factors, you have to consider that, but you may never have to service them.
If you already have them, ask the vendor or manufacturer.
Posted By: moparx

Re: hyd roller lifters ? - 01/20/20 03:20 PM

but there is still the distributor/oil pump drive gear to consider. shruggy
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums