Moparts

Where did everybody go?

Posted By: GomangoCuda

Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 04:08 PM

It seems like Moparts has a fraction of the activity that it used to have. Where did every body go that used to be here? Did they go to YB? Speedtalk? Class Racer? FaceBook? Are the other Mopar sites in a death spiral also or are they picking up members from here?
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 04:15 PM

Seems like most everyone IS still here, including a couple I have on "ignore" shruggy
Now, BBD has really shrunk, unfortunately.
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 04:51 PM

Well, it wasn't too long ago that I looked forward to reading 2 or 3 pages of new comments every day. Many of the names I enjoyed reading are gone for one reason or another. Sadly many are not with us any more and also sadly some got beat up bad by bad comments. I still look forward to each day but its definitely not like it used to be.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 05:03 PM

IMO a lot of it is Facebook, and not just here I think it has taken a toll on all messages boards
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 05:04 PM

purple shafts , 727 and Dana rears....

Pinion angle,

9" vs DANA

727 vs turbo 400 or Glide

Small block VS Big Block

it can only go on for so long....

LMAO
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
IMO a lot of it is Facebook, and not just here I think it has taken a toll on all messages boards

iagree I think FB has taken over and I hate it. I'm a member of several FB mopar groups, but if you think bad info and morons arguing is bad here...it's WAYYY worse there. Everyone on FB thinks they're an expert and the amount of just plain wrong information that's spread is crazy.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 07:08 PM

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I don't pretend to know anything about how Facebook works. I joined Facebook a few years ago for maybe 5 minutes. I still get an occasional friend request from random people mostly in other countries. Don't reply to any of them even if I might know them or even be related to them. Not interested in telling thousands of people what I had for lunch. Can you join these groups without advertising your whole life to everyone in the known Galaxy?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 07:15 PM

FB is just a tool. You control what you put on it and whose drama you see or don't. The only thing that bugs me is all the advertising, but I really can't complain since it's free.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 07:35 PM

Every time I come here to visit, I'm on my phone.

I get a pop up "info links" or something that blocks what I'm reading or typing. I get pissed and leave in under 2 minutes.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 07:44 PM

Home page of the mobile device is ebay, facebook, messenger, email, google, camera, stuff like that.

The ads that show up when viewing this on mobile are a bit much, so I do it as little as possible.

I used to enjoy popping in just to see what's new. I still do.
But sometimes I see what's new and wish I could just go back to 1997.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 07:46 PM

Traffic is def down on any of the message boards I frequent.
Posted By: jwb123

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 08:05 PM

I monitor several forums, and I agree it seems like traffic is down on all of them. I also do not like the constant ads popping up on this and several other sites. I am not sure what the new format of yellow bullet is supposed to be, but I stopped going to that forum because of the change. You will get good and bad info on almost every forum, even some of the professional ones I am on. Just like reading a book, just because you can get a book published, is no proof that the contents is accurate. I try and post info that has worked for me, if I get trashed, I have a thick skin. I just hope the community of performance people have a thick skin as a group and keep these forums going. It is really great to bounce off ideas and ask questions to people that love performance and old cars. And over the years I have seen a lot of people drop out of the sport, because they got raped by people who did not know what they were doing or talking about. I think that it is too easy to insult people in a way, that you would never do so in public face to face. I would suggest that everyone use the same courtesy that you would in person online, it would go a long way to improve participation. And that when somebody does post they be given thanks for taking the time to sit down and type a response. Everybody it seems today is short on time, and at least the way I type, it takes time to post. Also when someone posts think of it as a favor to be repaid when you can post good info.
Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 08:17 PM

i used to look at this forum from my phone but with all the crap pop up ads I don't anymore and have cut back on computer browsing here also for the same reason. It is just plain pain clicking off the ads.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 08:18 PM

The previous posts pretty much sum up what i thought happened. I have gained so much in the twenty plus years on this board and it sure doesn't feel good to see what is happening to it! It also allowed me to help others from time to time.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by sixpackgut

I get a pop up "info links" or something that blocks what I'm reading or typing. I get pissed and leave in under 2 minutes.

THIS !!
People asking the same questions that have been asked for years. Come on people use the search or google search
Many other websites are still strong. Yellowbullet, Dragraceresults, speedtalk .
Though facebook groups are popular they eliminate many of the goobers.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 09:07 PM

Popups and info ads take up 3/4 of the screen on this site. I can't see anything .
A few guys on here are very helpful and I am grateful. They have gotten me out a few pinches this year.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 09:40 PM

I use the recommended ways to get around the pop ups and it works great but this is the only and I said only site I have to turn my phone sideways to use. It’s also the hardest to post pictures from so I about quit doing that. If you are lucky enough to get the picture added you got a 50% chance of it being sideways.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 09:42 PM

I got rid of infocrap the second day it was there. Most adblockers are ineffective because Google will not allow them to put programs on Google Play that block that type of ad. The one I found is not available on Google Play. You have to manually download and install it. It works great and you can disable it on a site by site basis if it conflicts. Go to adguard link to read instructions and download.
This same company does have a similar product on Google Play but it is defanged to abide by Google's terms of service. The version above does work great.

No need to leave Moparts just because of InfoCrap.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 09:45 PM

I am a long time "nobody" but can sincerely say half of my posting gets put off or lost due to infolinks. It simply limits my activity from "want to" posting to "have to" posting. Just one guy's opinion.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 09:46 PM

They guys who love these old Mopars are dropping like flies. For some of us the last recession took a big bite, too. Still plenty of good info here, for now. bow
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 09:51 PM

The "new car shine" of the internet has worn off.

The WWW used to be fun, even more fun long ago, now it seems to be more of a predatory environment where most sites/places have a agenda based on money and greed. As well as info collecting.

That and many seem the need to one up the next guy or try to prove there superior.

Ive leaned to the more factual, non forum type web sites for learning vs personal interaction.

Dam Al Gore.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
this is the only and I said only site I have to turn my phone sideways to use. It’s also the hardest to post pictures from so I about quit doing that. If you are lucky enough to get the picture added you got a 50% chance of it being sideways.

Are you using Attachment Manager down at the bottom of the editor? It works for me.
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/07/20 10:27 PM

Zuckerberg, Twitter and the like will never see a dime from me, or even get close enough to smell one, and I go out of my way to see to it that, as much as possible, neither will Google. These tech companies try to monetize every last mouse click, hiccup and fart from their users, whether they like it or not, know it or not. And their influence in modern society is WAY TOO MUCH for what they really are, a stupid convenience. They can pound sand.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:45 AM

Absolutely! It is really annoying. I spend very little time here anymore. It’s a shame.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
this is the only and I said only site I have to turn my phone sideways to use. It’s also the hardest to post pictures from so I about quit doing that. If you are lucky enough to get the picture added you got a 50% chance of it being sideways.

Are you using Attachment Manager down at the bottom of the editor? It works for me.

Yep I’m doing it the way I’m supposed to but I see others fighting this issue too. This site isn’t aimed at tech much anymore and not a lot of interest in Racing here anymore either.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 03:03 AM

I am with Pittsburgh on the photos thing, I have tried it 20 times since they "updated" the board and can't do it, i'm missing something and too old to finger it out so I gave up, I would put up all kinds of pics of what I am working on that a lot of people would enjoy butt am mechanically minded not cornputer minded.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave
I am with Pittsburgh on the photos thing, I have tried it 20 times since they "updated" the board and can't do it, i'm missing something and too old to finger it out so I gave up, I would put up all kinds of pics of what I am working on that a lot of people would enjoy butt am mechanically minded not cornputer minded.

It’s not really that hard to do if I can figure it out laugh2
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 04:02 AM

It really is puzzling why the owners of this site allow that infostinks stuff, and the format that is not mobile friendly. It is chasing away so many good members. Without a serious correction of those deficiencies, I'm afraid this site will fade away.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by n20mstr

Pinion angle,

9" vs DANA

Small block VS Big Block

LMAO

iagree so true
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by DavidDean

THIS !!
People asking the same questions that have been asked for years. Come on people use the search or google search
Many other websites are still strong. Yellowbullet, Dragraceresults, speedtalk .

A good reason to ask rather than, or along with a search is that different people see it and may have better or more accurate info .
The infolinks adds drive me nuts too! By the way!
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 01:01 PM

I know what your saying first hand and agree, but some here don't understand that. I know Ryan is not too popular around here right now with his shady deals and all, but I liked to read what he posted. Crook or not the guy was knowledgable with engine building. He left just like many other knowledgable mopar guys because he got tired of the p!ssing matches plain and simple. I know another I still talk to that is over on face book for same reasons and I understand 100%. So, when everyone quits asking the questions because of the possible beat down your gonna get, what kind I site will this be then. I have been on here for 17 years and have watched all the good or most of the good knowledgable guys leave. Some are now over on A bodies or B bodies or maybe they are still here, but afraid to post. I visit all the sites and I think the traffic on B bodies is much higher than here. Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers, but it is what it is.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:00 PM

A friend who is a member here, but rarely posts, once told me, Moparts has a lot of people that ask questions, get constructive reply's, but wait around until they hear what they want to hear, even if it's not good info. That alone drives away a lot of knowledgeable people. You should be coming here to learn, to avoid having to waste money.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
A friend who is a member here, but rarely posts, once told me, Moparts has a lot of people that ask questions, get constructive reply's, but wait around until they hear what they want to hear, even if it's not good info. That alone drives away a lot of knowledgeable people. You should be coming here to learn, to avoid having to waste money.

iagree That's what I loved about this site when I first started coming here close to 20 years ago. There aren't many mopar guys around my area, so this place was awesome to ask questions and learn from...which I did a lot of both. I'd love to see it back how it was.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:12 PM

Yep I’m doing it the way I’m supposed to but I see others fighting this issue too. This site isn’t aimed at tech much anymore and not a lot of interest in Racing here anymore either.

^^ True dat! ^^

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
It really is puzzling why the owners of this site allow that infostinks stuff, and the format that is not mobile friendly. It is chasing away so many good members. Without a serious correction of those deficiencies, I'm afraid this site will fade away.

$$$$$
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:14 PM

Nobody here races.... he77 I don’t even get out much anymore.

Builders come and go.... it’s similar to me going on to some diesel related sites where there’s nothing but dealer bashing... why would I contribute to that? Go pay someone to fix your junk! Builders work hard to gain their “experience”..... why give it out for free? Kind of a double edged sword for many of them.... they’re mopar enthusiasts, and want to be here on that level.

Shady Dell.... yeah I was in that group W5 cnc port deal irons ago. I was also the “one” (that I know of) that got the luck casting that leaked on an intake port. My only “issue” with Ryan was how he handled it after his “repair/epoxy” failed. It’s racing... I know “poo occurs”. I simply needed the head fixed by either him or someone. Figured he’d know what direction to take.... that’s when I got put on the ignore list never to communicate with him again..... and believe me, this was in no way a pissing match or blame placing. I simply “assumed” that an aluminum head could be repaired.

I could go on about all the cracks around the guides he put in.... another story I’ll save for another time.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 02:32 PM

I totally agree. The majority of older automotive websites were created because of peoples' passion for cars. Once they found out that money can be made... goodbye ad free website.
It's mindless that they want new members to join a site that's really annoying to browse through.... and makes its members not want to visit again when the same info can be found elsewhere. I totally understand that running a website costs money, but resorting to relentless pop-up ads is not the way to attract members

If you want to stop those annoying Infolink ads, use AdBlockPlus. It's free, and there are apps for mobile phones.

https://adblockplus.org/
Posted By: jcc

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by gregsdart
Originally Posted by DavidDean

THIS !!

A good reason to ask rather than, or along with a search is that different people see it and may have better or more accurate info .
The infolinks adds drive me nuts too! By the way!

You ever checked out the Corners-Carvers site?

They are rabid search Nazi's, and have a lot of decent niche tech, and that is an understatement. Although I agree whole heartily, why muck up a site with multiple repetitive questions, because keeping info all in one place IMO has a lot of merit, Corner Carvers however goes over the top in shaming those they feel violate their IMO clique rules, for little apparent purpose other then promoting their own hierarchy?.

This site also suffers from asking those with self proclaimed great(?) knowledge that can't or refuse when questioned to support their position with reasoning. Seems like a given on a site where seeking knowledge is the goal of many.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 03:46 PM

i try to help when i can, just by my [sometimes failed attempts] experience of 55+ years of playing with our favorite brand of toys.
however, my old brain suffers from CRS, so when i ask questions, i try not to pi$$ off anyone that likes to rag on repetitive topics.
as i'm old, and don't have grade school kids around the house to help me, i have trouble searching for answers at times using the google.
also, i don't have a phone, so i use a desk top. i have never had the add problem others complain about.
beer
Posted By: second 70

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 04:34 PM

I noticed it went way down when the info links started and some have just got tired of putting up with it on their phones.

I've gotten a lot of good information and help from members here and it doesn't take long to see who's advise to use and others that have closed minds and just want to argue.

And like Jerico said I have listed fixes I have found after many hours of work only to rejected because they didn't like the answer while others said thank-you it fixed my problem. Some people you just can't help.

It just seems in today's culture it's hard for people just to ignore negative responses and just move forward with positive info. And yes I really have a hard time not defending someone who is attacked when they were only looking for help.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 06:02 PM

I never really mess with moparts on my phone butt the ole laptop works great so out of curiosity I tried getting on my phone and looking, holy smokes!!! Tiny and there are waaaaaaaay more adds than there is moparts on the page. I can see why anyone would get frusterated looking at moparts on the phone, if that was my only way of getting on here you would never hear from me again.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by jwb123
I am not sure what the new format of yellow bullet is supposed to be, but I stopped going to that forum because of the change.

Me too, that format is driving lots of folks from message boards.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 06:44 PM

All the more interesting people got old and stumbled to the wayside drive

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 06:57 PM

Bob I hope all is well with you.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 07:04 PM

I used to be on here almost everyday for years, I quit about six months ago, I posted something the other night and regret it, tried to delete it but site wouldn't let me. I know of at least six people that have quit the site. I used to really enjoy it!!! I have bought and sold a lot of parts on here , even gave some away free of charge. I've also answered pms from people looking for advice. I am not an expert by any means and there are a lot of people that know a lot more than I ever will. I just got tired of being ridiculed by people that go over every post with a fine tooth comb looking for mistakes to call me out on.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
I just got tired of being ridiculed by people that go every post with a fine tooth comb looking for mistakes to call me out on.

There are indeed a few of those... I just put them on the Ignore list. And some others never seem to answer the question, but go off on some other tangent.
Unfortunately, when someone else quotes an ignored post, the drivel then becomes visible in the quote box. Can't win 'em all.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 10:30 PM

I've noticed it too. If I didn't check in for a day there would be two page's worth of replies to go through in the race and Q&A sections. This is how I see it:

• Facebook and alternatives take flight
  • Interest starts to fall as the hobby ages out
  • More and more users install ad blockers
  • Ad revenue starts to fall because of the above
  • Hosting costs don't go down, and may even increase due to board software licensing and photo hosting
  • Board gets more embedded ads to cover falling revenues
  • Increased advertisement leads to more ad blocker installs and users leaving
  • death spiral

Honestly, if a few of us started chipping in we could start reverse what is happening.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/08/20 11:02 PM

I never really mess with moparts on my phone butt the ole laptop works great so out of curiosity I tried getting on my phone and looking, holy smokes!!! Tiny and there are waaaaaaaay more adds than there is moparts on the page. I can see why anyone would get frusterated looking at moparts on the phone, if that was my only way of getting on here you would never hear from me again.

Ditto...

As mentioned by moparx I've never had any Infolinks issues using my PC...

Tried it once on my I-phone and that will never happen again...

My old phone took pics that when saved could be posted here...The new one they're too big so no new pics after January of 2019...

Recently (maybe the last 3-4 years) there's been a few of the local Mopar guys who have passed...that wealth of knowledge died with them...No more calling them for help...

Add in the fact I've never gotten satisfactory results from using the search feature here...

I read everything certain members post...There's always a little something I can pick up and for that I'm still grateful this place exists...

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by DrCharles
Originally Posted by 11secdart
I just got tired of being ridiculed by people that go every post with a fine tooth comb looking for mistakes to call me out on.

There are indeed a few of those... I just put them on the Ignore list. And some others never seem to answer the question, but go off on some other tangent.
Unfortunately, when someone else quotes an ignored post, the drivel then becomes visible in the quote box. Can't win 'em all.

Yes that really sucks, because everybody has to be a winner, speaking of drivel.. eyes laugh2
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by skicker

Ditto...

As mentioned by moparx I've never had any Infolinks issues using my PC...

Tried it once on my I-phone and that will never happen again...

My old phone took pics that when saved could be posted here...The new one they're too big so no new pics after January of 2019...

Recently (maybe the last 3-4 years) there's been a few of the local Mopar guys who have passed...that wealth of knowledge died with them...No more calling them for help...

Add in the fact I've never gotten satisfactory results from using the search feature here...

I read everything certain members post...There's always a little something I can pick up and for that I'm still grateful this place exists...

I use this, Photo Compress, to compress images on my phone to uploadable size. It will knock a 4-5 meg image down to a few hundred k which is well under the 4 meg limit for the board.

https://photo-compress-2-0-ad-free.soft112.com/

Kevin
Posted By: 383man

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 06:54 AM

I just don't get on the computer as much as I used to. But many of my family and friends are on Facebook so I do spend a good bit of time there also. Ron
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 09:10 AM

This is what i get on my phone....

Attached picture 5258F567-79AF-44F6-B8FF-FB406D069B32.png
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 01:24 PM

Yep, looks like garbage.

Scat Pack Forums has it's own app. I use it for LX/LC. It isn't perfect, but way better than that.

Wonder what that costs.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 03:43 PM

This is probably the only Mopar website that I visit where guys threaten to switch brands almost weekly. If you want to do it, just do it. Lots of Chevy guys out there for you to rub elbows with.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 10:03 PM

Just make sure it's a Chevy...word around here is the Ford guys like to swap spit... shruggy

Worse than that it might leave a bad taste in your mouth... twocents

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by skicker
Just make sure it's a Chevy...word around here is the Ford guys like to swap spit... shruggy

Worse than that it might leave a bad taste in your mouth... twocents

I walked away from a pretty good A body Facebook group because several of the losers couldn’t get their Mopar small blocks to run high 10’s and stay together. They gayed out and switched to LS power. I got tired of earring about it. Click, gone.
Posted By: cgall

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 11:10 PM

I'll chime in to agree there are few racers on here anymore. It's too easy to post a timeslip or winners circle photo to social media from your phone before you even load your car to go home. Most of the blame from my perspective is on the recession in 2008. We had 2 viable tracks in our area that had strong weekly programs. Now one is closed and the other may be in trouble. It is very depressing to look at how racing and leisure activities of all kinds, hunting, fishing, golfing, etc took a death blow after 2008.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/09/20 11:26 PM

Does anyone else have to refresh their page when they click on one of the forums?
When I 1st click on Unlawful it gives me a huge Summit screen then I refresh and I get directed to Unlawful.
Like a 3 step process to get in here.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 05:39 PM

IMO there are still plenty of racers here. Just don't see to many racing related topics anymore to comment on.

John really seems to get burr up his butt over those of us who get frustrated with the lack of parts availablilty and voice our frustration. Seems you would prefer we leave all together. That kind of attitude it s what will chase some away, I have a thick skin and not scared. Oh yeah I have a 68 Camaro, pump gas NA 540 street car that could run circles around 50% of the racecars on here. Didn't have to wait over a year for a block, 8 days actually from order to delivery. Does that make me a Mopar hater, should I go away because I own a bowtie? Both my racecars are STILL Mopar powered and likely will be for at least awhile longer. But at some point in performance you have to see the writing on the wall if you want to keep chasing faster ET's.

BTW I will be on the dyno tomorrow with a brand new Mopar bullet for the dragster. I could have MORE easily put a BBC in it and saved myself a TON of headaches. But nope still carrying that torch for some reason. But hell yeah I will complain about all the issues we have had getting it done

As for the constant complaining about the site, I get some of it. The ads can be quite annoying for sure, the mobile version really sucks. But this place is only as good as its members make it. Keep complaining about it and eventually you may have a self fulfilling prophecy and it could disappear, just like the racetracks some love to complain about and not attend that have gone the way of the DoDo.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 05:50 PM

I have Adblock Plus on my Samsung phone. No problem with the pop-ups, and if a technical Neanderthal like me can make it work anyone can. Plus, it was free.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 05:51 PM

I’m pretty sure we have an Indy headed, Indy block Mopar at keystone built by Bowman Performance in Pa that runs 4.50’s@2350 pounds in a door car. That’s moving along pretty good for a weekly fielded bracket car.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 06:01 PM

Spinny things do that...Im an NA guy by heart and that's where I will stay. Done the nitrous thing done the blower deal. I prefer to go fast with no help and there is only so far one can go with a Mopar...But hey you already knew that anyway smile No winning with you sometimes is there smile

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 07:21 PM

Spinny things do that...Im an NA guy by heart and that's where I will stay. Done the nitrous thing done the blower deal. I prefer to go fast with no help and there is only so far one can go with a Mopar...But hey you already knew that anyway smile No winning with you sometimes is there smile

Ohhh my. I forgot to mention that it is NA, ALL BALLS. The Ohio and Pa guys don’t mess around
4.56 best @2350lbs 622 ci NA.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 07:25 PM

Ohhh my. I forgot to mention that it is NA, ALL BALLS. The Ohio and Pa guys don’t mess around

2350lbs, or 3250lbs???

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 07:26 PM

It went on a 900# diet in 2 1/2 hours... biggrin

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

2350lbs, or 3250lbs???

Sorry, FAT fingers. Lol.
Its a true wedge engine not a predator or hemi!

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 10:46 PM

2350 is a TOTALLY different story. I have been just a click slower at that weight in VEGAS at ELEVATION with a measly 604" apparently its a turd and I have no clue what I'm doing.

So do tell is it a 600-13X, headed deal? If not I would LOVE to hear all about it as I have not seen a STOCK bore space WEDGE head come anywhere near that on HP.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 10:51 PM

2350 is a TOTALLY different story. I have been just a click slower at that weight in VEGAS at ELEVATION with a measly 604" apparently its a turd and I have no clue what I'm doing.

So do tell is it a 600-13X, headed deal? If not I would LOVE to hear all about it as I have not seen a STOCK bore space WEDGE head come anywhere near that on HP.

Keep in mind this is a weekly raced car so some corners were taken. Many of those weeks he’s out twice a week as he loves making passes.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 10:57 PM

Im all ears..Tell me about this stock bore space wedge headed deal making 1250hp. I mean that's what it takes to run 4.50's at 2350 so teach me what I'm doing wrong.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 11:11 PM

Pinion angle,

9" vs DANA

Small block VS Big Block

LMAO

And as I quote this, there is a pinion angle with leaf springs post in the race section.......Yeah, I think I will pass.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 11:15 PM

Im all ears..Tell me about this stock bore space wedge headed deal making 1250hp. I mean that's what it takes to run 4.50's at 2350 so teach me what I'm doing wrong.

Why are you hung up on Stock bore spacing. I don’t hear the “Chevy guys” sweating the little stuff. Just do it.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/10/20 11:30 PM

Im not, I asked the question on your statement, teach me, apparently I have been doing it wrong seem pretty apparent that is your opinion. What head is on this beast making 1250hp? All I asked, maybe Im missing the boat. Hell 1250 is more than even INDY claims so I am truly curious. If you don't understand why the bore spacing would make a difference then I don't know what to tell you.

BTW I have a 600-13x engine as well. I am fairly well aware of what that head can do as well. 4.50's here in a 2000lb dragster with a single 4 cast intake. Seems you have more than one burr up your butt. I am open minded and have run just about every mopar combo out there. I ran small blocks for a long time, had a small block running 9.80's in the early 90's that I drove around and street raced, oh yeah NA as well W2's welded stroker crank and all. Aint much making that kind of power NA. A couple 600-13XXX headed combos I know of and some Predator stuff. Not seen anything else get there. But I am always willing to learn
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 12:09 AM

It is very depressing to look at how racing and leisure activities of all kinds, hunting, fishing, golfing, etc took a death blow after 2008.

I have news for you. Things have not been the same since 9/11/01. Peoples attitudes were changed. Things are better now, but we're still fighting these battles, both internal and external. No one knows what to expect from one election to the next. Anyone who's just clicking along unconcerned about any of it, has managed to stay blissfully ignorant.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dragula

Pinion angle,

9" vs DANA

Small block VS Big Block

LMAO

And as I quote this, there is a pinion angle with leaf springs post in the race section.......Yeah, I think I will pass.

How about pinion snubbers and green bearings ??
Posted By: Ody1003

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 01:44 PM

The 622 wedge that pitts is referring to, is a 600-13x,4.840 bore space(required for that head),cast indy tunnelram combo.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 02:07 PM

Now if someone wants to talk about 5" bore space Hemi's, I a all ears....
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 02:24 PM

600's won't go on a 4.80 bore space
Posted By: Ody1003

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 02:34 PM

Not sure if that is a question or what i said above, If question 600-13x heads only fit on Indys 4.840 bore space block. Uses cheppy style 1/2" hollow dial pins in totally different location than stock.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by B1MAXX

600's won't go on a 4.80 bore space

I know that as I have one...My point being I would LOVE to have a larger bore on my Predator, if it was the same bore as my 600-13 deal it would make more power as well. As for a STD 600-13 or X head making 1250hp...…Hell Indy does not even claim that, and why even bother with a Predator head. Now the -13XXX heads that are a totally different casting all together, they seem capable, but just my opinion from a distance as Ive never seen them in person, but if its gonna happen that where its gonna be.

Different dowel pin location and size, the top row of head bolts is moved, on the second row the two outer bolt holes are spread out, the lower holes are in the same position. No stock oiling(if that matters) ports are slightly lager and of course is capable of 4.600" bore.
Posted By: ccdave

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 04:46 PM

Couple of reasons for me.

The site is not Apple friendly. Uploading pictures is a major pain in the a$$. Other forums are effortless if you want to upload a picture quickly from your phone.

The info links that pop up are beyond annoying while trying to post or view

It’s the same 5 people who respond with their opinions on engines and if you don’t agree with them you are deemed the bad guy...

I think it’s time for Moparts to step up or step out
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 07:34 PM

A few reasons I left for a few years:

Members that MUST have the last say. If you counter their opinions.....

Everyone being so serious. A lot of posts have 8-10 posts of back-biting and name calling.

Post crapping and thread drift.

IMHO, all the 600-13X stuff above needs its own thread.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/11/20 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dave_J
A few reasons I left for a few years:

Members that MUST have the last say. If you counter their opinions.....

Everyone being so serious. A lot of posts have 8-10 posts of back-biting and name calling.

Post crapping and thread drift.

IMHO, all the 600-13X stuff above needs its own thread.

Some guys are stuck with their liberal ideas and if it isn’t something they want to hear get pissed. Biggest issue I see is guys want or need help but don’t know how to make a post. If guys with start out as example this is a street strike build or race only build or show car build and give as much info as humanly possible it wouldn’t go on for 2 months dragging questions out of the guy asking the question. This way thos guys that have or build race engines, or they we with street strip cars could chime in with more quality answers
A head gasket post shouldn’t take two weeks to answer. Guys with super stock springs and purple shaft cams can chime in on their street cars. Quality in, quality out. Now back to Indy heads.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 04:46 PM

I hope you not suggesting that racers with superstock springs and purpleshaft should leave also shruggy In my world a racecar could be anything.
Heck even a street car on sat. night pulls up and you have a "go" You both qualify as racecars. Pretty sure the cops would agree. I don't think there is that many left (cars/gearheads) anymore. When they go they aren't replaced at the same rate. I'm not saying they are extinct. When a head gasket post goes on for 2 weeks I think that's the intention/result of this whole internet/form thing. A guy from down the street was out yesterday with his sbc CJ jeep like he was Stroker Ace, not exactly cutting edge, iron heads solid cam, but I enjoy helping him out when asked. That's what this should be, as long as its mopar. up
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 05:06 PM

I think the only things on here more annoying than Infolinks and image postings are the people whining constantly about it when the solutions are braindead simple.

Infolinks on mobile device? Open Infolinks, scroll down to the opt out option and you're Infolink free for a week. Rinse repeat or download an Adblocker.

I don't get the image upload problems. Upload an image? No different than any other board. Click the Attachment Manager and follow the directions. If your image is bigger than 4 meg, compress it to less than 4 meg first.

flame rant runaway

Kevin
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 07:33 PM

Nothing worse than posts complaining about complaining. Wait... did I just???? Never mind!😂😂😂😂😂

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Nothing worse than posts complaining about complaining. Wait... did I just???? Never mind!😂😂😂😂😂

No that was complaining about complaining about complaining. Your good.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twostick
I think the only things on here more annoying than Infolinks and image postings are the people whining constantly about it when the solutions are braindead simple.

Infolinks on mobile device? Open Infolinks, scroll down to the opt out option and your Infolink free for a week. Rinse repeat or download an Adblocker.

I don't get the image upload problems. Upload an image? No different than any other board. Click the Attachment Manager and follow the directions. If your image is bigger than 4 meg, compress it to less than 4 meg first.

flame rant runaway

Kevin

Thankyou....I just opted out of infolinks. Makes viewing so much more enjoyable.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 08:23 PM

ORE spelling Nazis ! ... That’s - you’re good - NoGo !! xmaseek
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 09:17 PM

Definitely winter in Moparts land.....

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Superfreak
Definitely wintery in Moparts land.....

fIxEd ....

Maybe so ... but oNlY in certain areas... snowblow

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/12/20 11:17 PM

How do you disable infolinks on a laptop? phone was easy.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/13/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sammy
How do you disable infolinks on a laptop? phone was easy.

Get an ad blocker. I use "Ublock Origin" for Firefox.

If the site don't use a crap load of Adverts, I will click on some. But it seems lately they go bat schitt on the amount of them and they get mad if you use an ad blocker.

A couple sites I use to go to are now paid members only. Good Bye.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 03:06 AM

I see what you did there work

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 04:22 AM

Why go thru the trouble of compressing, uploading or downloading more crap when no one is here.

If I have something to say, I just send pittsburghracer a message on fb messenger and remind him his car is a tin can chassis car with plastic windows grin

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 04:25 AM

Why go thru the trouble of compressing, uploading or downloading more crap when no one is here.

If I have something to say, I just send pittsburghracer a message on fb messenger and remind him his car is a tin can chassis car with plastic windows grin

Now I’m offended and need my therapy dog. My only comfort is still being faster than you. Lol.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 04:27 AM

My buddy is all pissed at me thinking I was hating on purple shaft cams and super stock springs. Hell I have a purple shaft cam as my profile picture. lol

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 04:39 AM

Now I’m offended and need my therapy dog. My only comfort is still being faster than you. Lol.

Amazing how little hp your car needs to accomplish that

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 05:34 PM

My buddy is all pissed at me thinking I was hating on purple shaft cams and super stock springs. Hell I have a purple shaft cam as my profile picture. lol

No way , never got pissed, we're good. Plus were fishing buddies. We can always take it. I was just thinking that if we alienate all the people with superstock springs and purpleshafts that might be why people don't post much. up This is all the friends/mopar aquaintences I have on the internet. Heck I've never even owned a cell phone of any kind. This site is all I know/have Mopar internet related. My only complaint is how sore my right pointer finger gets after typing like a chicken pecking food.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 06:15 PM

They went to the other moparts.com

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by B1MAXX
[quote=pittsburghracer]My buddy is all pissed at me thinking I was hating on purple shaft cams and super stock springs. Hell I have a purple shaft cam as my profile picture. lol

No way , never got pissed, we're good. Plus were fishing buddies. We can always take it. I was just thinking that if we alienate all the people with superstock springs and purpleshafts that might be why people don't post much. up This is all the friends/mopar aquaintences I have on the internet. Heck I've never even owned a cell phone of any kind. This site is all I know/have Mopar internet related. My only complaint is how sore my right pointer finger gets after typing like a chicken pecking food

Just don’t tell them I almost fell out of your fishing boat.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 10:58 PM

It's not puzzling at all. The reason info links is here is the $$$$$$$$$$ they pay. That annoying pop up has minimized my even looking here due to the impact on my phone screen.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 11:07 PM

Im not, I asked the question on your statement, teach me, apparently I have been doing it wrong seem pretty apparent that is your opinion. What head is on this beast making 1250hp? All I asked, maybe Im missing the boat. Hell 1250 is more than even INDY claims so I am truly curious. If you don't understand why the bore spacing would make a difference then I don't know what to tell you.

BTW I have a 600-13x engine as well. I am fairly well aware of what that head can do as well. 4.50's here in a 2000lb dragster with a single 4 cast intake. Seems you have more than one burr up your butt. I am open minded and have run just about every mopar combo out there. I ran small blocks for a long time, had a small block running 9.80's in the early 90's that I drove around and street raced, oh yeah NA as well W2's welded stroker crank and all. Aint much making that kind of power NA. A couple 600-13XXX headed combos I know of and some Predator stuff. Not seen anything else get there. But I am always willing to learn

This stuff does make it fun, when I am here reading. Smack!
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/14/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

iagree I think FB has taken over and I hate it. I'm a member of several FB mopar groups, but if you think bad info and morons arguing is bad here...it's WAYYY worse there. Everyone on FB thinks they're an expert and the amount of just plain wrong information that's spread is crazy.

^^THIS^^
I hang out on Facebook quite a bit. Not for tech advice, that's for sure!!!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/15/20 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

^^THIS^^
I hang out on Facebook quite a bit. Not for tech advice, that's for sure!!!

lotta mopar pages on FB,it is the only way to keep an eye on the grandkids!!
Posted By: dvw

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/15/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twostick

Infolinks on mobile device? Open Infolinks, scroll down to the opt out option and you're Infolink free for a week. Rinse repeat or download an Adblocker.

This is some if the best info ever posted.
Thanks Doug
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/15/20 03:35 PM

https://www.infolinks.com/support/general/can-my-visitors-choose-not-to-see-infolinks-ads/
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/16/20 02:59 PM

Fakebook is taking over the world. One of my friends who makes and sells repop parts for AMC says he sells three times the material on Fakebook than he does on the forums. What is even more disturbing to me is that he tells me one of the most common questions he gets is "Are you on Twitter?" Face it, those of us who prefer forums are probably in the 50+ crowd. The youngsters love social media platforms and they are the future of the hobby. I love forums because of the policing but I fear this dinosaur might get drug into the "social media" quagmire out of necessity. whiney
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/16/20 05:10 PM

Pinion angle,

9" vs DANA

Small block VS Big Block

LMAO

My goodness try the FB 70s inline 4 motorcycle pages. Every day a new posting asking how to get their bike running right after adding 4 individual "pod" air filters and a 4 into 1 pipe.
Posted By: Mopar_racer_99

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/16/20 09:13 PM

I took 2 years off after my wreck at Paradise Dragway. I broke every rib around my sternum and doctor said I cant wear a 5 point harness again. It kind of hurts not being able to do what I love doing.

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/16/20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar_racer_99
I took 2 years off after my wreck at Paradise Dragway. I broke every rib around my sternum and doctor said I cant wear a 5 point harness again. It kind of hurts not being able to do what I love doing.

Not to go OT, any wisdom to share on what safety equipment? would have reduced that level of injury? eek
Posted By: Mopar_racer_99

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/16/20 10:11 PM

we blew a rear tire at the 330 mark, I hit both guard rails and went thru traps backward at 55+ mph, at least that is what the clocks showed. It was a perfect storm, I got lucky it didnt kill me
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/21/20 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Traffic is def down on any of the message boards I frequent.

Agreed. I don't frequent forums as often anymore either. Let's face it our hobby hasn't really changed all that much in the last 10 years and basically all the info one would need is floating around out there already.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/22/20 07:09 AM

I still like it here as much as always but I admit most of my family and friends post on FB and by the time I look around there I usually don't have the time to go to other boards to much. Not that I don't still enjoy it here as I always have it just seems I never find the time I need anymore. Hope everyone is well and doing fine. Ron
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/25/20 05:22 PM

Have not been on here much. Can't really pin point a negative reason. Just seems like most of the info is on FB these days. Look at it on my phone when I have free time, rarely sit down on the computer and look at the web boards. Most of the pages i used to frequent have dried up, this one still seems to be going.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/25/20 05:56 PM

I had a guy call me who had bought one of my motors from a estate, it had my engine build sheet and contact info with it so he called me about it.
I sold it to a guy in 2006, I can't remember his name now blush from Seattle who had a 2 wheel drive Ramcharger he wanted to build for street and some drag racing . He use to post on here about it regularly.
The original owner died and some one else had bought it and remove some of the parts like the carb.,water pump and housing and so on that was on it when he bought it.
My message is things happen and nothing stays constant in todays world, me included work

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/25/20 08:28 PM

There may not be a way to track it but some forums have a "Gone but not Forgotten" page.

Its like I was gone for a long time only to come back and be told that member 340Shorty may have passed. I liked Larry.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Where did everybody go? - 01/25/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dave_J
There may not be a way to track it but some forums have a "Gone but not Forgotten" page.

Its like I was gone for a long time only to come back and be told that member 340Shorty may have passed. I liked Larry.

Look here...https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/3/1/best-of-moparts-tech-archive.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums