Moparts

I'm afraid to ask what these cost...

Posted By: BradH

I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 03:16 AM

... but they sure look sweet: T&D custom steel rockers for BB Victors.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I found these on an older FABO post; special-ordered by Mike at B3RE.

I'll take a w.a.g. these would eat up (most of?) $2K.

Attached picture 0607170916.jpg
Attached picture 0607170915.jpg
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 03:29 AM

Buy them, then you can look at them for 10 years and resell them as opened but never used.

Probably a better return then running them twice in the next ten years and getting 1/2 for used parts.

So in reality, I think your really ahead of the curve vs other part time bi decade racers.

But on a serious note, ya got any carbs left you were trying to sell, I need to get a single 4. Was looking at the QF brawler? carbs but I dont need the choke.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 03:31 AM

Lmao. Opened only for pictures.

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Buy them, then you can look at them for 10 years and resell them as opened but never used.

I'm REALLY trying to break that cycle...

But on a serious note, ya got any carbs left you were trying to sell, I need to get a single 4. Was looking at the QF brawler? carbs but I dont need the choke.

I PM'd you re the one carb I still have available currently.
Posted By: Medlock51

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 05:33 AM

$1400.00
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 07:59 AM

I called T&D and Jesel about a set of pair shaft 1.7 rockers in steel or ductile iron for either a set of 440-1 or B1 and was told at that time by the Jesel rep that they didn't make any steel rockers at all and T&D quoted right at $1900.00 to 2000.00 and 6 to 8 weeks lead time several years ago. shruggy
I've since heard that Jesel is now making steel rocker so I'll have to call around again before starting that all out project luck
Posted By: fbs63

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 01:05 PM

I priced the same set up for a Gen III Hemi and was told 3k. I know Hemi rockers are always more but a grand more seems like a lot.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 02:15 PM

They look nice. I wonder what the application of the engine is?

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
... T&D quoted right at $1900.00 to 2000.00...

That's basically what Mike confirmed when I texted him earlier today.

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Medlock51
$1400.00

That's about right for the aluminum ones, but the steel version is quite a bit higher.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: I'm afraid to ask what these cost... - 12/28/19 05:57 PM

Jesel makes TONS of steel rockers and has been. They also do customs. The did the set for the Little Chief deal in the Vette, they are not cheap but they DO make them. Now they stock MANY steel rockers and can make custom steels. We had issues breaking rockers is why we switched to steel. But not many here are seeing 10,000+ on ever pass with its accompanying spring pressure.

https://www.jesel.com/sportsman-steel

https://www.jesel.com/pro-steel-series-shaft-rockers
© 2024 Moparts Forums