Moparts

Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size?

Posted By: galen

Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/24/19 03:49 PM

I have a 400 block. Galleys to supply heads have been drilled to lifter galleys for full time oil supply to rockers. #4 cam bushing has been rotated and drilled to no longer supply oil to top. My question is what size restrictors should I start with in the deck for Harland Sharp rockers? Ball & Cup, Trick flow heads. Thinking the world blocks ran .035 or .040 screw in restrictors at the deck but not positive.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/24/19 03:57 PM

IIRC, .060 is commonly used with Indy feed lines. My Victors have. 090 restrictors in the #4 shaft pedestals, but could possibly be decreased in size.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/24/19 04:30 PM

on a side note what about drilling/tapping/adding the restrictors in the rocker stands, that way if you ain't happy with the flow you can easily alter it.
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/24/19 05:08 PM

One other way... bush the stand... I put a .035 in mine. These are BS heads.

Attached picture 100_1446.JPG
Posted By: galen

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/24/19 05:17 PM

Thanks guys. I will look at the stands and see if I can put the restrictor there. That would make it a lot easier to change.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/24/19 09:27 PM

I'm thinking I had .045 in the deck with my small block. Slightly elevated wear on the Crane Gold rockers. My goal was to get the oil to a safe minimum. Just watch the rocker gear and pushrods. Adjust accordingly. I didn't mind working on my stuff. Better than blowing it up.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/24/19 11:56 PM

World BB iron Mopar blocks came with a .039 to .042 restrictors in their oil feed passages to the rocker arm stock shruggy work
I like to use a smaller size on caged needle bearing rockers arms than on a rocker arm on shaft with no needle bearings up work
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/25/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
World BB iron Mopar blocks came with a .039 to .042 restrictors in their oil feed passages to the rocker arm stock shruggy work
I like to use a smaller size on caged needle bearing rockers arms than on a rocker arm on shaft with no needle bearings up work

I agree, mine is a T&d set up. with a bushed set up I would be afraid to go less than .060. When I had Koffel's rocker I didn't use any restriction.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/25/19 04:20 PM

I'm going to leave mine at .090 since I don't use needle bearing rockers.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Full time rocker oiling, what restrictor size? - 12/29/19 03:02 PM

I used .040 in both sides, cam grooved for full time oiling. Rocker gear, push rods and valve tips looked good after a bunch of dyno pulls and a few tests with a little spritz of the happy gas.
© 2024 Moparts Forums