Moparts

What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings

Posted By: fastmark

What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 01:09 PM

This is an old topic and I may have missed it. I was told several years ago by the now retired Mopar Performance director that they had 150 raw Hemi castings left over from the world products company and they were in the process to get machined. One of the members here who machined blocks for them even called his source and they confirmed this. Then about ten blocks showed up in the system and disappeared from the earth before anyone could even get one. I’m not sure that ten blocks existed! So anyone got any news! Or should just continue my search for Bigfoot? I might have more of a chance. Lol.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 01:33 PM

If they had 150 GOOD castings they would be machined and sold. There is nothing in the system.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 01:40 PM

The last batch seemed to have been released late last year - a select few got finished blocks and then they were gone as quickly as they were delivered
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 03:58 PM

Do you mean that deal Dale told you about?

If referring to that one, the last batch of Dalton castings eventually did get machined and shipped.
JNB Machining out of Fowlerville did the machine work.

They went _quick_, to say the least.

Several big time, highfalutin', world famous engine builder types have been self-taught to maintain
backorders in the system for these situations. One local gentleman in this elite group had a few blocks show up out of nowhere
from that batch.

There is something potentially positive happening with these......about which I'm currently sworn to secrecy.
Hopefully more on that later when I have my facts straight, and won't ruffle anyone's feathers with half-truths.

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY

There is something potentially positive happening with these......about which I'm currently sworn to secrecy.
Hopefully more on that later when I have my facts straight, and won't ruffle anyone's feathers with half-truths.

There is something happening and its good for everyone...........

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleD

up
Posted By: Chuck@Best_Machine

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 07:03 PM

up

Shhhhh lol!

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck@Best_Machine

up

Shhhhh lol!

Must be true if you know ...........follow the money!

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 08:49 PM

laugh2
Posted By: 440lebaron

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/19/19 09:23 PM

HI
I received 4 about a year ago from mopar, 2 had rust on deck surface, where on order for over 3 years
gary
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/20/19 01:06 AM

SHHHH if you guys talk about it out loud it will not happen for sure......OH yeah we got some of those last spring as well and yes they went very quickly.
Todd

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/20/19 01:45 PM

Hmm. That’s what I thought. Well at least they were produced and sold. Yes, Zippy, I was referring to the ones Dale told me about. I figured they are piled up in all machined in Ray Barton’s place. That’s ok, too. I hate it for the SS guys who are out of blocks and can’t race. Those guys are getting fewer but I grew up with watching those guys and they are much more fun to watch than Pro Stock “ Camaro”. I still have one new world casting Hemi Block right now so if I get done with other people’s builds, I may get to my stuff! Lol!

However, as far as rumors of things to come? I heard that water boarding torture works pretty good. Think we might could meet for coffee, sometime? Never mind my friends in the hoodies driving the black SUV. They won’t bother us!
Posted By: scottb

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/20/19 10:36 PM

Would you take one that has 60 mm cam tunnel and Jesel keyway bushed lifter bores

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/21/19 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by scottb
Would you take one that has 60 mm cam tunnel and Jesel keyway bushed lifter bores

I’m not in the market but someone may.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/25/19 05:48 PM

Only for those who can afford a new hemi block...now if they can get down into the 3K range, that would open up a lot of doors to us common folk.
Tim
Posted By: Dragula

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/26/19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by astjp2

Only for those who can afford a new hemi block...now if they can get down into the 3K range, that would open up a lot of doors to us common folk.
Tim

They were at the $3K range for a long time.....Hardly anyone bought any. I got one right thru my local dealer and didn't even have to pay shipping. Now that the supply is less then the demand....
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 12/26/19 06:03 PM

I bought a cast iron World 4.490 rough bore hemi block back in the mid 2000s for around $ 3000.00 from Glendora dodge also up
I bought a cast iron World wedge BB block form my local Dodge dealer here in Bend for less than $2900.00 over the counter boogie I should have bought more of them whiney realcrazy
Posted By: crowbait

Re: What happened to Mopars150 Hemi block castings - 01/06/20 01:15 AM

popcorn popcorn popcorn
© 2024 Moparts Forums