Moparts

Lack of sales this year

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 03:17 AM

Has anyone else noticed the lack of Christmas discounts this year compared to last year. eBay has several 20% off sales last year and I think I even caught one 30% sale from summit through their eBay stores. I did grab a set of Speedmaster small block Mopar heads during their Black Friday 40% off sale. Each Head was 219.00 with free shipping

Attached picture 070393DA-A97C-4B34-8FAC-613BCD62F3C0.jpeg
Attached picture C5A09F0B-CA53-4612-A685-0954FA907FBA.jpeg
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 04:15 AM

No 'sales' on items must mean business is good. If biz was bad, there would likely be more items being discounted.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 05:08 AM

I have noticed it in a number of industries that I have some dealings with. Even a lack of deals for Black Friday compared to years past. And prices going up in some cases.

Places have flash sales, weekend deals, etc. to keep cash flow up. I guess they are doing OK. They watch the numbers and respond accordingly.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 04:08 PM

i've been holding off on some purchases in hopes of discounts like last year, but so far, none have materialized.
beer
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 04:09 PM

Its what happens when the economy is rolling. The next challenge will be staving off inflation.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 04:29 PM

Yes, that's because the economy is on fire. I never seen it so good, I have made thousands in the stock market just since August, enough to buy a brand new car. It's crazy, but I like it. Hope it stays. Dont expect many discounts when people have money and are spending it.
Posted By: moetown

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 08:28 PM

Most of the deals I got were 10% off.
My best deal was 100 off of a glass hood from racers edge for my big tire s10 bracket truck. I got 20% off on a bare set of promaxx bbc heads.
Hopefully once I get the S10 done next month, I can start working on the challenger again. yellow It will be more of a fast bracket/ local king of the hill type car now. cool
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/16/19 08:37 PM

I always used to put a sticky on the top of the page here for holiday discounts from vendors here on Moparts. Perhaps I will do it again.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/18/19 03:15 PM

I am not in quite agreement on the calculus that lack of offered sales equates with booming profits. Actually i have often seen an increase in prices as a last gasp effort to stay afloat, the result usually just hastens the opposite outcome..

I however do not think we are in a situation where many companies are just treading water.

A related observation, I made a 2500 mile road trip out of the recent PRI show.

In my entire life, and I have driven Sem's for almost 4 decades, have I ever seen so many trucks on the road, in rest stops, and at all hours of day/week. It was startling.

Not sure if anyone is making money, but there sure is a lot of product moving. eek
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/18/19 03:26 PM

A week before Christmas and I see even Summit is not offering their usual 10% off this year. Plus now they automatically take out the PA sales tax of 6%.

Attached picture 74FF314E-61BC-4986-A82A-18B25045CDA1.jpeg
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/18/19 03:59 PM

I drive a truck locally for a living. The wages are either stagnant or dropping. I see alot of trucking outfits going out of business and I believe it is the undercutting and paying new drivers sh!t wages to drive those trucks. Be careful out there, many brand new drivers behind the wheel of those 80000# vehicles. I think many skipped the training part.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Lack of sales this year - 12/19/19 03:10 AM

Had no race budget this year due to to downturn in my industry.......... frown
© 2024 Moparts Forums