Moparts

Rear adjustable shocks

Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Rear adjustable shocks - 12/09/19 02:34 AM

Hi guys I am currently running a dart somewhat mild motor Cam and Bolt ons 650 carb double pumper intake headers 360 Superstock leaf springs I have competition engineering 9010s in front there ok I bought a brand new pair of rears and having trouble with adjusting both of them I followed the instructions by leaving them up right And then doing the bleed down and it almost seems to me that there are reversed when it comes to the rebound and the compression

I was thinking of going to the Rancho 9000 I wanted to find out what your experiences with them I see a lot of guys running them I know they’re not the best But it’s what my pocketbook can handle right now I’m also running a 9 inch drag radial Automatic manual valve body and a 3500 stall converter With 3.91s

Thanks guys Mopar or no car
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Rear adjustable shocks - 12/09/19 02:58 AM

The Rancho 9000 is a fair shock for being cheaper.. if you can swing it the Vikings are better
wave
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Rear adjustable shocks - 12/09/19 03:42 AM

Agree with P-Body, and my junk ran a 1.33 60 ft. w/5-ways in the rear and 90-10's that I still run in ft. but Shiloh sold me his rear Vikings and it plants and rips the wheels on every pass now and drives fine on the street.......
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Rear adjustable shocks - 12/09/19 04:10 AM

If you can get the Vikings get them. But if not no big deal you should be fine. My mlld big block has been 11.06 in the 1/4 with a 60' of 1.51 at 4100lbs. Thats on a 9" slick. Thats a lot of weight to get moving. The Ranchos aren't a bad shock for the money.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Rear adjustable shocks - 12/09/19 02:06 PM

iagree with pretty much everything said so far. For your combo, I think the Rancho 9 ways will work good. I went 9.50s at 140 mph w/ 1.32 sixty foots using those rear shocks. 3800+ lb N/A street car on radials.
The Viking double adjustable shocks are better, but a little more expensive. I think they're worth it and they will work later if you add more power.
© 2024 Moparts Forums