Moparts

Keith Black blocks rolling out again?

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 04:31 PM

Starting to get updates on Facebook about Keith Black blocks rolling out again. Anyone interested may want to check Keith black or Best Machine out on Facebook

Attached picture 19A0B82F-0BD6-47A8-9E4F-3DBEA77B0D74.jpeg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 04:35 PM

whistling
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 04:43 PM

Hope springs eternal lol.

I wish them the absolute best, would be of huge benefit to the mopar community.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
whistling

Taking orders now huh?

I think Al has had 2 on order for close to 2 years??

The problem didn’t seem to be so much in taking orders........as there was in “filling” orders.

Hopefully they get it sorted out.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 05:44 PM

Be nice
Posted By: unknown

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 07:36 PM

" Coming Soon" ....................................
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 07:56 PM

I was told by Tim mine was on its way to him now(last week(, he offered to have it drop ship directly to me but I would much rather have him inspect it and finish the needed machine work to make it useable due to me not having the machines needed to do block work like line honing, decking and so on shruggy
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 08:11 PM

If we have the time this week and our prep work is done on the block, will be driving down to FHO Tim Bannings to pick the blocks. yes they are starting to flow. I am talking about the Raise cam Hemi Block,
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/19/19 10:41 PM

I think I am going to be ill.......
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 12:06 AM

Todd...... do you have any that have been on order for a while thru your shop?
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 12:56 AM

Bill Mitchell posted on face book first four 440 aluminum blocks and off the machines.
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 01:13 AM

What is the $$$ figure?
Posted By: racerx

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 01:14 AM

popcorn
Posted By: markz528

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by sasquatch
I think I am going to be ill.......

grin grin grin
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by mopacltd
What is the $$$ figure?
Last I looked, it was about $7500 for the block, $1000+ for the head studs, shipping......then, whatever finish machine work is required.

Figure between 9- $9500 and closer to 10 if you want bushed lifter bores.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 12:04 PM

The first company to get a billet, water in the deck only block for 10 complete will take over as" the" block manufacturer IMO. Having just and inch of water in the deck would suit every wet block need there is. With a real oil cooler you could drive it coast to coast. I don't know about what a wet predator head, or any of indys, or brodix can take forced. What I can say is almost every stage V cast hemi head can take darn near anything. That half water head they make could probably survive nitro. Whatever material they use is double tough.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 01:41 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BradH

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by mopacltd
What is the $$$ figure?

Was this question directed to the KB or the Bill Mitchell blocks?
Posted By: BradH

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jughed
[Linked Image]

My new mascot!

I can see it now... with the slogan: "When the MoPig flies!"

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 04:41 PM

Have not looked into this for a long time but KB Inc were going to do a GM block also. Hemi Blocks are here not sure of all the variables being cast. Once things settle down on the Hemi Blocks other blocks were going to be looked at and Produced. I will talk to Tim when we are in Bewdley Ontario at his shop. He has to do the lifter bores on two of the blocks and after that we will drive the 30 minutes to pick them up. It has been a long wait for Raise Cam Hemi Blocks, just over 18 months but others might have waited longer for theirs to be cast.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
whistling

Taking orders now huh?

I think Al has had 2 on order for close to 2 years??

The problem didn’t seem to be so much in taking orders........as there was in “filling” orders

Al HAD two on order from two different dealers. One of those dealers was very forthcoming with me and I have since cancelled both of them. I purchased an Indy block(although nowadays you may be in the same boat getting one) and just found another. I have talked to Mitchell and unfortunately for now they are not going to produce what I am looking for, that being a raised cam large cam core block.
Posted By: galen

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/20/19 10:32 PM

Standard cam. 1/2 inch head stud. 4.5 bore hemi. Ordered June of 2018. Arrived first part of October 2019. . It took a while but I knew that going into it. Very happy with what I have checked so far. Waiting for a honing plate from BHJ. I was kept up to date on issues they were sorting out. What impressed me most is they stopped and corrected anything they deemed an issue before release. New KB with refinements.

Attached picture IMG_20191004_163123545_HDR.jpg
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by galen
Standard cam. 1/2 inch head stud. 4.5 bore hemi. Ordered June of 2018. Arrived first part of October 2019. . It took a while but I knew that going into it. Very happy with what I have checked so far. Waiting for a honing plate from BHJ. I was kept up to date on issues they were sorting out. What impressed me most is they stopped and corrected anything they deemed an issue before release.

Who was the vendor?
I am seriously considering trying a hemi for the 1st time. If I can get one within a year, I'll do it.
Running this small block on kill is very time consuming
Posted By: galen

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sammy
Originally Posted by galen
Standard cam. 1/2 inch head stud. 4.5 bore hemi. Ordered June of 2018. Arrived first part of October 2019. . It took a while but I knew that going into it. Very happy with what I have checked so far. Waiting for a honing plate from BHJ. I was kept up to date on issues they were sorting out. What impressed me most is they stopped and corrected anything they deemed an issue before release.

Who was the vendor?
I am seriously considering trying a hemi for the 1st time. If I can get one within a year, I'll do it.
Running this small block on kill is very time consuming
New KB. Ordered through Bob Mazzolini and worked directly with Bob and Tim Banning. I finally have everything collected but pushrods.

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 04:47 AM

Quote Who was the vendor?
Running this small block on kill is very time consuming [/quote]

Looks like you are not to far from Ray Barton he is a Dealer or talk to Susquatch on moparts he is a Vender also I believe. You can always phone Tim and FHO but being in the USA a block with likely come out of Michigan.

Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 04:54 AM

Well now I am going way past ill and into totally about to lose it. NUMEROUS people here know why. To the above poster I am truly happy that you got your block. Nothing but the best wishes for you. Others involved here....... mad
Posted By: powertrip

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 04:58 AM

I don't know why, but suspect that you are not seeing the blocks you or your customers were promised.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 11:31 AM

[Linked Image]

Yesterday at FHO
They do exist
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 11:37 AM

Hmm. My grandmother used to watch something like this years ago. She called them her “stories”. They are commonly called soap operas. You never knew who was sleeping around with someone else and there was always trouble brewing somewhere. Lol. Good luck to the parties involved.
Posted By: kwikblownhemi

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by powertrip
I don't know why, but suspect that you are not seeing the blocks you or your customers were promised.

You suspect correctly.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 02:15 PM

Well now I am going way past ill and into totally about to lose it. NUMEROUS people here know why. To the above poster I am truly happy that you got your block. Nothing but the best wishes for you. Others involved here....... mad

I thought you were our in the loop guy. Let’s hear the story
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 02:41 PM

Between you, Barton, Best Machine and Mazzolini?
Sasquatch what's going on?
Was going to call you for a block but now I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy.

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 02:43 PM

I can not even remember when the blocks were ordered. I remember the blocks were paid for in advance and that was like Dec. 2017, Jan 2018. There was one guy that ordered a lot of blocks at the same time I think that was 10 raise cam blocks. When the blocks were ordered was told they would be in the first 5 raise cam blocks cast. I do not know the number of what is being picked up. I don't know Sasquatch deal with the blocks or what kind of KB he is looking for. I know everyone has been frustrated over the last two or more years and likely longer because you can not race or build motors if you do not have a good block and access to one quickly. It has been a long process getting these block and from everything I have seen in Blue Print and design the blocks are going to be much superior over other blocks. I know that even a week or so ago one person getting a block did some changes in the machining process and that just might stay and would be done to every raise cam block.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Keith Black blocks rolling out again? - 11/21/19 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by powertrip

You might be on to something. 🤬😠😡🤬
© 2024 Moparts Forums