Moparts

Big Chief

Posted By: Dynoguy

Big Chief - 11/12/19 08:01 PM

I was watching Street Outlaws last night and I seen Big Chief won the event, how disappointing anybody could win except for Big Chief .............
Posted By: topside

Re: Big Chief - 11/12/19 09:02 PM

That surprised me, but :
1. He didn't have ducks running against him.
2. BobR, who's on Gentile's Mustang crew, says the races are real & no BS.
3. I don't hate the guy, or for that matter "Scooter" - they're just racers who got lucky with a TV show.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Big Chief - 11/12/19 09:40 PM

Just getting caught up on my DVR recordings,saw Gentile win a round.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Big Chief - 11/12/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis

Who’s the guy standing around the car with the muscle shirt on? That wasn’t Bob was it. Lol.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 02:59 AM

Chief won the first big No Prep show at Bristol. Not sure why they keep saying he's never run No Prep.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 03:42 AM

why does he look like he got huge overall? lol from when then show first started, looke like his head got big ( steroids) lmao

I know its all we see, but overall ?? this guy left his wife and two kids etc for ???... so full of himself.
please get over it....best pass I ever made in the car...drove out of his life '

ha ha ha ha ha ha

has anyone noticed Lutz and Larson?? biggest sore losers ive ever seen lmao !!!
Posted By: furious70

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 03:49 AM

I know nothing about any of them, but it is interesting when the Bruder bros are talking about adding and adding power and then Big Chief's little engine beats them all. Were the other guys way too conservative up on the hill and not make adjustments fast enough and Chief just started at 11?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Who’s the guy standing around the car with the muscle shirt on? That wasn’t Bob was it. Lol.
Yes, he owns the car now up
I sold him a BB 440 powered Dart a long time ago, but I don't think we have met in person shruggy

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by furious70
I know nothing about any of them, but it is interesting when the Bruder bros are talking about adding and adding power and then Big Chief's little engine beats them all. Were the other guys way too conservative up on the hill and not make adjustments fast enough and Chief just started at 11?

and you believe that chief just has a "regular" Pontiac motor??? lol
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 01:02 PM

“Regular” Meaning real Pontiac architecture? Yes. 100% aftermarket parts? Yes. 40 + pounds of boost with a splash of nitromethane? Yes.
This is no DRCE engine, or a 481x. He’s doing it the hard way with good results.

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
“Regular” Meaning real Pontiac architecture? Yes. 100% aftermarket parts? Yes. 40 + pounds of boost with a splash of nitromethane? Yes.
This is no DRCE engine, or a 481x. He’s doing it the hard way with good results.

I understand that, and yes I know its impressive...BUT on the show he said it was a 455 that came in the car...LOL SO now all of America thinks its nothing...lol
Posted By: merpar

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 03:33 PM

Feel the same way about Big Chief. All through the show he made excuses about no prep experience. And nobody brags as much as Chief when he wins a race. Not a humble bone in his body.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 05:01 PM

Admitting up front that I don't know much about current Tin Indian race parts, I'll take a w.a.g. that Big Head runs the Poncho equivalent of a KB block with B1-MC heads and a sh!tload of boost + rocket fuel. So, not "exotic" in terms of the latest innovations & architecture, but something proven and tuned to the nth degree.

Everyone else who keeps changing their combinations has to re-invent the wheel to some extent to get a solid baseline. His is probably just a series of constant refinements...

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
why does he look like he got huge overall? lol from when then show first started, looke like his head got big ( steroids) lmao

I know its all we see, but overall ?? this guy left his wife and two kids etc for ???... so full of himself.
please get over it....best pass I ever made in the car...drove out of his life '

ha ha ha ha ha ha

has anyone noticed Lutz and Larson?? biggest sore losers ive ever seen lmao !!!

About all I can say is there's nothing in the rules that say you have to be moral, ethical and charming to be involved in this stuff.

Some of those folks might be "interesting" to hang out with... for a while... but I wouldn't buy most of them beer for the "privilege" of their company.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 07:28 PM

I understand that, and yes I know its impressive...BUT on the show he said it was a 455 that came in the car...LOL SO now all of America thinks its nothing...lol

And no one in grudge, N/T, No Prep, street racing, etc, ever never lied about anything in their car ever, not never. That fibber.
Posted By: kcarfanatic

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 07:57 PM

Never see more than a few minutes of that show except when channel surfing, what a bunch of white trash, inked-up, foul mothed scuzzy looking dirt bags. The promos say it all in 30 seconds with the fighting and cursing.. like watching WWE and roller derby.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by kcarfanatic
Never see more than a few minutes of that show except when channel surfing, what a bunch of white trash, inked-up, foul mothed scuzzy looking dirt bags. The promos say it all in 30 seconds with the fighting and cursing.. like watching WWE and roller derby.

Now just add a bunch of horsepower and burning rubber now you have a hit up

Keeps me tuning in and going to the races shruggy

When you see these cars make a clean pass at the track it is insane trying to hook this much power on the so called "street" race.

Gus beer
Posted By: kcarfanatic

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 08:33 PM

[quote=
Now just add a bunch of horsepower and burning rubber now you have a hit up

shruggy
Gus beer [/quote]

That's right , the show is a hit as far as the rating are concerned. About a year ago I saw a list for cable TV realty shows and while Outlaws was further down the list it was the number 1 in the car genre.... btw Gas Monkey was number 2... GYC didn't even show on the list....
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 08:49 PM

PLENTY of bada$$ Pontiac parts available. Look at what John Langer did at the world cup race a couple weeks back. 7.54 on a 29.5x10.5 Pontiac that is naturally aspirated all Pontiac architecture engine. They have better support with stuff that makes power than we do. Last I heard Chiefs deal still had an Edelbrock head, of course ALL the boost don't hurt either.
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Big Chief - 11/13/19 11:39 PM

It impressed me. I don't know exactly what he's running as far as parts today but, in past Street Outlaw shows, he had a Butler Performance block which is no where near what a proline block, etc. is. My cousin used to run a 71 GTO and ran that block. My cousin was not made of money so; again, it impresses me what Chief does with the parts we believe he has.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Big Chief - 11/14/19 02:26 PM

Originally starting out as a Pontiac man I got quite a chuckle when he said that....

And to think all those years I could have bolted a couple turbos on my 455 and ran 4.0 in the 1/8!!!!

haha
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Big Chief - 11/14/19 05:10 PM

Well, considering you can take the 455 out of say, a ‘75 Grandville, and other than the pistons( bore size) put every piece of that engine into/onto chiefs engine.... there is nothing exotic about it.. it will except all stock factory pontiac parts... he’ll, it even has pontiac edelbrock heads.. the same ones anyone can buy..
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Big Chief - 11/17/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by kcarfanatic

grinPretty accurate assessment. up

Chuck with the mouth really ruins the show. The cars, (my opinion), are ridiculous to even have the word "street" attached to them. No prep, lol, how about a show about no slicks, and no power adders?

Otherwise, Ryan Martin, Daddy Dave, Monza, and Jerry Bird all seem like down-to-earth, normal guys. I watch it if I happen to come across it. smile

Re: Big Chief - 11/17/19 07:46 PM

I'm thankful to both the racers and the T.V network for helping get more people to the tracks to watch and more racers to compete bow up
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Big Chief - 11/17/19 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I'm thankful to both the racers and the T.V network for helping get more people to the tracks to watch and more racers to compete bow up

iagree
I does seem to have built some interest in drag racing by the youts... otherwise its not my thing.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Big Chief - 11/18/19 06:40 AM

I am not a fan of a few of the guys and all the trash talking they do. However, when I was at PRI last year, I always knew if a stand had one of them doing signings. The queue was enormous. Despite their short comings, they have certainly generated a lot of interest in Drag Racing, so that can't be too much of a bad thing.
Posted By: Frank Cannon

Re: Big Chief - 11/19/19 05:11 AM

...with a splash of nitromethane? Yes.

No.

E. Fuel
Any use of M3, M5, nitro-methane, polypropylene, and/or hydrazine are prohibited. Gasoline as defined by a mixture of hydrocarbons is permitted. The use of methanol fuel is for naturally-aspirated, turbocharged, and supercharged engine combinations. Methanol must be pure U.S. federal grades A or AA without the addition of additives, masking agents or any other substances. NPK Tech Dept reserves the right to check fuel at any time. Failure to pass fuel check is grounds for disallowance of the run and disqualification from the event during eliminations.

https://www.noprep.com/2019-no-prep-kings-rules-as-of-12-3-2018/
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Big Chief - 11/19/19 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Cannon

No.

E. Fuel
Any use of M3, M5, nitro-methane, polypropylene, and/or hydrazine are prohibited. Gasoline as defined by a mixture of hydrocarbons is permitted. The use of methanol fuel is for naturally-aspirated, turbocharged, and supercharged engine combinations. Methanol must be pure U.S. federal grades A or AA without the addition of additives, masking agents or any other substances. NPK Tech Dept reserves the right to check fuel at any time. Failure to pass fuel check is grounds for disallowance of the run and disqualification from the event during eliminations.

That is only if he runs no prep.
Other times, he mixes some nitro.
Posted By: dart games

Re: Big Chief - 11/19/19 03:39 PM

for the record his name is big chump,not big chief
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Big Chief - 11/19/19 03:59 PM

Chief or Chump does it really matter? Good or bad the show loves the attention. Just tune in is all they care about. Ratings is the name of the game. With that said IMO any car shows are better then none at all.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Big Chief - 11/25/19 06:52 PM

That actually was me. We won a lot of rounds over the season-made it to two semi's and one final. We finished Tied with Robin for 6th overall. Our goal going into the season was top 5 so we didn't quite make it but we did give Lutz a round in Denver. That was the difference. Watch tonight. We went to the 3rd round in West Palm.

Re: Big Chief - 11/25/19 06:55 PM

Chief beat Vixen because the p/s header collector blew almost in half. They made that pass with less than half the boost they had programmed for.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Big Chief - 11/25/19 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by BobR
Chief beat Vixen because the p/s header collector blew almost in half. They made that pass with less than half the boost they had programmed for.

Thank you VERY much BobR for that info .

Re: Big Chief - 11/25/19 06:58 PM

Yes, he owns the car now up
I sold him a BB 440 powered Dart a long time ago, but I don't think we have met in person shruggy
We have met, Cab. I also either bought from you or sold you an 8 3/4 third member besides the Dart...which my brother still owns. It's now a B-1 headed 493.

Re: Big Chief - 11/25/19 07:01 PM

It has certainly revitalized the sport.

Re: Big Chief - 11/25/19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Cannon

No.

E. Fuel

And they test every round winner's fuel.
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 12:25 PM

I don't know many racers that are honest about the combination they have. I'm sure JJ's "Ole heavy" doesn't weigh 4920 lbs either

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 02:32 PM

Butler works very closely with Chief and it may be a Pontiac but it's an expensive one. Not that Chief pays anything, though. It's close to 500".

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 02:44 PM

Bob did you see that they bumped the Norwalk race into October next year because of the bracket finals being ran there next year. Just a heads up so you can plan your schedule
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 05:30 PM

Which race John? Birdtracker
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 06:06 PM

I know it was a few weeks ago but I still cant believe that Larry Larson threatened Bobby Decotte, if he guesses on the tree, he was going to fight him.
And it actually happened but Ducotte smashed him to the ground.
I was shocked because Bobby is out of shape, smokes and pretty heavy.

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by birdtracker
Which race John? Birdtracker

The no prep tv series Bob raced in.

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sammy
I know it was a few weeks ago but I still cant believe that Larry Larson threatened Bobby Decotte, if he guesses on the tree, he was going to fight him.
It is amazing what some people can do when they are pumped up on somethings, like a 110 Lb. mother lifting the front of a car off of her child after the bumper jack failed pinning him under the car shock That happened many years ago, long before fake news was invented and used work

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 06:53 PM

Bob did you see that they bumped the Norwalk race into October next year because of the bracket finals being ran there next year. Just a heads up so you can plan your schedule
Thanks for the heads up. I heard there will be some dates added which is really going to make it tough on me and my team.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 07:37 PM

It surprised me too, he was smart enough to not take his helmet off though. I don't see what the big deal is about guessing the tree, it happens every time I pull to the line, LOL.

I had some respect for Larson before this deal but now I think about the same of him as I do Putz. In the end they are both better racers than me and have way nicer/faster cars so I'll return to the peanut gallery. popcorn

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61

It surprised me too, he was smart enough to not take his helmet off though. I don't see what the big deal is about guessing the tree, it happens every time I pull to the line, LOL.

I had some respect for Larson before this deal but now I think about the same of him as I do Putz. In the end they are both better racers than me and have way nicer/faster cars so I'll return to the peanut gallery. popcorn

AND.....IF you listened, Larson told him after the fight was broken up..."I hope your motor blows into a thousand pieces" How many shows later and Larsons motor is broke with the heads off...LMAO there some KARMA right there !

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 09:20 PM

I cant believe you said that. I was thinking the same exact thing. Larsen hates Lutz but I guess now Bobby Ducotte feels the same about Larson.
Larson got body slammed pretty good there.

Re: Big Chief - 11/27/19 09:54 PM

AND.....IF you listened, Larson told him after the fight was broken up..."I hope your motor blows into a thousand pieces" How many shows later and Larsons motor is broke with the heads off...LMAO there some KARMA right there !

Yes, but I had forgotten about it.

I'll give Bobby credit, when he got out of the car he took it right to Larson. I honestly think Larson was expecting to stand there being Billy Bad A$$ running his mouth while Bobby took it. If that was the case he was mistaken.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Big Chief - 11/28/19 03:00 AM

I'm gonna guess that wasn't Ducotte's first rodeo.

Re: Big Chief - 11/28/19 03:50 AM

Any one heard about Chiefs best buddy in the Murder Nova?

Re: Big Chief - 11/28/19 09:32 PM

He raced the last show in Ennis. May be setting up for next year. As for Larson. He just got frustrated. He built a new car to meet rules and he just couldn't get much traction all year. He is a really nice guy who would do anything for anyone out there. Don't judge him on one miscalculation.
Nobody on the show likes "guessers". They are kind of looked at as cowards but that is a legitimate way to race. We had two drivers guess against us and they both red lit. That is the chance you take but it gives slower cars a chance.

Re: Big Chief - 11/28/19 10:57 PM

He raced the last show in Ennis. May be setting up for next year. As for Larson. He just got frustrated. He built a new car to meet rules and he just couldn't get much traction all year. He is a really nice guy who would do anything for anyone out there. Don't judge him on one miscalculation.
Nobody on the show likes "guessers". They are kind of looked at as cowards but that is a legitimate way to race. We had two drivers guess against us and they both red lit. That is the chance you take but it gives slower cars a chance.

I hear ya but that's no reason to want to throw down on a guy. Especially at a big event where everybody is watching you.
Think it gave Larson a black eye in the sport now.

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 03:58 AM

[quote=Cab_Burge]

I t amazes me that any racers would think that another racer that guesses at the tree is a coward shruggy
Tell all them guys to pick on me first, please devil hammer
I've cut one perfect light on a Pro tree due to seeing the prestage and stage bulbs dim when all three of the yellows came on for the old pro .4 tree with regular bulbs boogie grin
Did I say I don't like LED bulbs whiney
I've felt the urge to leave on a .4 pro tree before the lights came on, I've red lighted by .0001 also whiney
Where is the Imogi with the axe man cutting down the tree grin
Posted By: dvw

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 01:43 PM

This not a Pro tree. It's instant green, no yellow lights. A guess is just that, a guess. All drivers have the opportunity to guess. Any legal way to win is a win.
Doug
Posted By: cgall

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 02:45 PM

On an instant green there is still a bit of rollout that allows a launch before you see the green, maybe they could rewire the tree to give a red light when the pre-stage goes out.

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 02:51 PM

The guessers are going to weed themselves out. It’s not a cheap series to run and you aren’t going to guess 4 or 5 times in a row. Be on your game and handle your end of the deal. Some starters are predictable so it may be possible to wire a random delay into the tree.
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 03:45 PM

I am interested in what happened to Sean (Murder Nova) also.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 03:57 PM

Where is the Imogi with the axe man cutting down the tree grin

Santa2
close as i can find cab. laugh2
beer

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by mopacltd
I am interested in what happened to Sean (Murder Nova) also.
Watch the show on Monday.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 05:23 PM

Got to chat with Boddie a bit at Kyle's Street Car Shootout benefit race a few weeks back at Sonoma, looking forward to see how our NorCal hitters BobR and Boddie do with there new rides next year. Boddie was running mid 11's in his Trackhawk in background.

Attached picture TeXR-eHQ (2).jpeg

Re: Big Chief - 11/29/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Keith Richards
Got to chat with Boddie a bit at Kyle's Street Car Shootout benefit race a few weeks back at Sonoma, looking forward to see how our NorCal hitters BobR and Boddie do with there new rides next year. Boddie was running mid 11's in his Trackhawk in background.

Super nice guy.
Very helpful and friendly.
Had the pleasure of racing him a few years back.
He'd give you the shirt off his back.

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 01:26 AM

I sure hope they do away with these cowardly first round call outs next year. That’s all they talked about for the first 25 minutes tonight.

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 02:04 AM

Super nice guy.

Any one on here know which type and brand of motor Bodie runs now?

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 03:12 AM

Congratulations goes out to Bob, Geseppi, and the crew. You guys let them know you were there to play. Great job.

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 04:37 PM

Super nice guy.

Any one on here know which type and brand of motor Bodie runs now?
I believe a Noonan.

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 04:45 PM

Congratulations goes out to Bob, Geseppi, and the crew. You guys let them know you were there to play. Great job.
Thanks. We stepped on our own d**cks a few times this year or we'd have finished better. Funny thing...after all of the guessing and adjustments we did during the season we went right back to our race one setup for the final 2 races and it came back around.

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 05:34 PM

[quote=pittsburghracer]. Funny thing...after all of the guessing and adjustments we did during the season we went right back to our race one setup for the final 2 races and it came back around.

If you don't test, you don't learn, correct work
I'm sure power management is the key to keeping traction, especially going to tracks with weather you've never raced at bow
What is your new car going to be?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 05:39 PM

I'm curious as to just how slippery these tracks are? I know it's no prep, but the track has to get pretty good after they start running.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Big Chief - 12/03/19 10:54 PM

I was pulling for you and Bruder..The Vixen looked like it was turned up a notch or two. Good luck next year Bob! wave

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 02:39 PM

Did anyone notice at Norwalk, Chief is in the lanes talking to Pat and he is nervous. Then hes says...."GIVE ME ANYONE BUT MUSI, GIVE ME A STREET GUY"......I guess he showing his youth and ignorance, because Pat Musi was a STREET guy. LOL Just as "STREET" as Chief will ever be....

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 02:58 PM

[quote=pittsburghracer]. Funny thing...after all of the guessing and adjustments we did during the season we went right back to our race one setup for the final 2 races and it came back around.

If you don't test, you don't learn, correct work
I'm sure power management is the key to keeping traction, especially going to tracks with weather you've never raced at bow
What is your new car going to be?
2020 Mustang Shelby with a Bickel chassis. Same BAE hemi.

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
I'm curious as to just how slippery these tracks are? I know it's no prep, but the track has to get pretty good after they start running.
Tracks are scraped down to concrete for the first 200'. Then they are washed with tide the full 660'. They started to leave the shutdown area prepped so car could stop without sliding around. After about 50 or so cars with slicks make runs it starts coming around but the last 200' is always bad.

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
I was pulling for you and Bruder..The Vixen looked like it was turned up a notch or two. Good luck next year Bob! wave
Thanks. The Bruders and their team are good friends of ours'. We grew pretty close over the season. They share data with us and we with them. The owner, Jack French, was the chef. He always had some really good food cooked up and they were always ready to share.

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 03:24 PM

Hey Bob did you get some ice cream at Norwalk. I always kinda look forward to that. Lol.
Posted By: Smoparmike

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 04:54 PM

Is there a reason for new car? Things you learned? Or just time.

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Smoparmike
Is there a reason for new car? Things you learned? Or just time.
The Mustang is a true back-half car. It has a stock firewall, frame rails, shock towers and a short wheelbase. No matter where we put the 4 link it wanted to wheelie at 160 mph. If we moved weight from the back to front it would spin/shake. We just left weight in the back and added weight to the front. As a result we ran the car as much as 100 pounds heavy. The competition level at these races is such that we found that 100 pounds was hurting our chances.
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 06:47 PM

Was truly a pleasure to watch the way you guys presented yourselves and the way you raced. Nice having an "inside source" here. Thanks! up

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 07:03 PM

I did not realize it is a back half car. Are any others? I figured they all are chassis cars. Good luck next season I'm sure new car will help a ton.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 07:44 PM

BobR...any idea why Megalodon was a no show for many of the races?
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing

iagree
I does seem to have built some interest in drag racing by the youts... otherwise its not my thing.

Did you say "youts"?

Re: Big Chief - 12/04/19 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by cudadoug
Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing

iagree

Did you say "youts"?

https://youtu.be/K6qGwmXZtsE
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 03:26 AM

I was surprised to see Chief get taken out by the blower car, was he having issues? It was impressive to see the drivers of some of the cars under them wrenching and getting greasy, not your typical NHRA show. I did notice also, that some of the cars had what looked like weight numbers in the windows, what were the breaks for different power adders? Jim
Posted By: dvw

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 10:16 AM

No prep kings weight limits. Not sure if these a current. a few may have been tweeked.

Engine Power Adder Base Weight
Small Block Naturally Aspirated Unlimited
Big Block Naturally Aspirated Unlimited
Big Block Nitrous (4.840”) 2450
Big Block Nitrous (5.00”) 2550
Big Block Nitrous (over 5.00”) 2750
Small Block Single Turbo 2400
Small Block Twin Turbo – Up to 88’s 2550
Small Block Twin Turbo – Larger than 88’s 2600
Small Block Twin Turbo (500 CI +) 2750
Small Block Procharger 2400
Big Block Procharger 2750
Big Block Twin Turbo – Up to 88’s 2900
Big Block Twin Turbo – Larger than 88’s 3000
Big Block Twin Supercharger 2900
Big Block Single Turbo 2575
Single Turbo (4cyl Production Engines Only) 1950
Single Turbo (6cyl Production Engines Only) 2450
Big Block Roots Blower 2600
Small Block Screw 2400
Big Block Screw 2850
All boosted Ford Modular Motors/Engines may deduct 100lbs from their original base weight. All big block entries 585 cubic inches and smaller (Non 481X/Hemi) with a OEM bore space (4.84 Chevy, 4.900 Ford, and 4.800 Chrysler or smaller bore space) may deduct 100lbs from their original base weight
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 02:07 PM

Wow! Quite a few variations. Thanks!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 05:22 PM

Not sure a lot of folks here know the history of Bobs car. Maybe he can share some of its history. They have been running that car for a very long time. It was fast with a nitrous small block, a blown small block, a turbo small block and blown hemi and a turbo hemi smile I think I got them all. I have no doubt that Bob, Jason and Giuseppe will get the new car sorted out in short order..

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
BobR...any idea why Megalodon was a no show for many of the races?
I don't for sure but the word I got was he wanted to get paid to show up and he wasn't considered at that level. To be fair there were other stories but that's the one I found most plausible.

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jwilli500
Was truly a pleasure to watch the way you guys presented yourselves and the way you raced. Nice having an "inside source" here. Thanks! up
We decided to just be ourselves. Some found us boring but many others approved. I will keep you guys up to date as this adventure continues next season. Honestly, we had more fun racing this series than we ever had in any kind of racing before. The racers are really good guys(mostly) and the crowds were phenomenal. This truly challenged us in every way possible.

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Smoparmike
I did not realize it is a back half car. Are any others? I figured they all are chassis cars. Good luck next season I'm sure new car will help a ton.
There are a few but most are chassis cars.

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Not sure a lot of folks here know the history of Bobs car. Maybe he can share some of its history. They have been running that car for a very long time. It was fast with a nitrous small block, a blown small block, a turbo small block and blown hemi and a turbo hemi smile I think I got them all. I have no doubt that Bob, Jason and Giuseppe will get the new car sorted out in short order..
Yes Al, you have been around for all of them. This one is, by far, the quickest and fastest. The bickel chassis car should be even better.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 06:52 PM

I sure hope they do away with these cowardly first round call outs next year. That’s all they talked about for the first 25 minutes tonight.

iagree

Can't say I blamed Ryan for doing it though. Especially after Birdman lifting and giving Murillo the win to lock up the championship last year. I thought it was funny that no one b!tched about it when Boosted was doing it for Kayla. One of the main reasons she finished as high in points as she did. rolleyes

Tim

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 06:53 PM

We won Outlaw 10.5 at the YB nationals with this chassis a few years back. That was the procharged hemi version.

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by I_bleed_MOPAR

iagree

Can't say I blamed Ryan for doing it though. Especially after Birdman lifting and giving Murillo the win to lock up the championship last year. I thought it was funny that no one b!tched about it when Boosted was doing it for Kayla. One of the main reasons she finished as high in points as she did. rolleyes

Tim

I truly hope they eliminate first round call outs for next season.

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 07:03 PM

You and me both!
Posted By: topside

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 08:14 PM

Gotta agree on losing the callout deal; it seems to add an unpleasant sidebar, and kinda kinks the outcome.

I gotta ask, BobR, why a new Mustang body? (I don't have a problem with it, just curious)

At the speeds they're running, I'd think aero would be a big consideration.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 08:30 PM

My take is TV will do the best they can to keep the call-outs as you know they want to add to the drama and build story lines, if they get rid of the call-outs they will have to get more cases of water for Chuck to throw on people, spit at , ect.
Years ago we did a complete house build in a week for Extreme Makeover, as the week went along the director/producer crew did everything in there power to make drama and then made sure they got our reactions when it hit the fan......
Thanks for all your input here BobR, got quite a bit from Boddie as well a few weeks back and looking forward to see what lies ahead next year. ;-)
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Big Chief - 12/05/19 11:20 PM

It is hard for me in my area to see the Mustang and Vixen run. I have a hard time routing for a Mustang over a Challenger. I know Bobs car has a Hemi in but it's still a Ford. Sorry Bob.

Re: Big Chief - 12/06/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Gotta agree on losing the callout deal; it seems to add an unpleasant sidebar, and kinda kinks the outcome.

I gotta ask, BobR, why a new Mustang body? (I don't have a problem with it, just curious)

At the speeds they're running, I'd think aero would be a big consideration.
That's easy. The wheelbase is what we feel is perfect for this stuff. Rich Bruder told me that he feels the Challenger wheelbase is too long. Beyond that I really like the Shelby look and it fits on the bickel chassis I already had.

Re: Big Chief - 12/06/19 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kindafast
It is hard for me in my area to see the Mustang and Vixen run. I have a hard time routing for a Mustang over a Challenger. I know Bobs car has a Hemi in but it's still a Ford. Sorry Bob.
I understand. I am a Mopar guy as is my brother. Giuseppe is a Ford guy so our car is a compromise to both of our preferences. Giuseppe gets the body and I get the motor. FWIW our official team car is a Durango SRT.
Posted By: Wax

Re: Big Chief - 12/06/19 03:41 PM

BobR: You will have to share pictures.

Re: Big Chief - 12/06/19 03:57 PM

I understand. I am a Mopar guy as is my brother. Giuseppe is a Ford guy so our car is a compromise to both of our preferences. Giuseppe gets the body and I get the motor. FWIW our official team car is a Durango SRT.

It's Ford-ified with MoPower. grin
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by BradH

It's Ford-ified with MoPower. grin

I like it..

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 03:13 AM

Motang!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 03:52 AM

Thanks for all the inside info, you and your team presented yourselves well, what real racers are like. I was routing for you! I look forward to watch how the new car shakes out next season.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 03:29 PM

Off Topic, but what do most of you guys do for a living? not everyone can have hotrod shop, engine shop or a tuning shop that does well enough to float at least a couple hundred thousand dollars for the season to go race 9 events. is everyone self made? I would love to do this at a different level but the cost is so much money to be competitive(just to run a weekend series at the local track). how crazy expensive is this. and please don't say if you have to ask you can't afford because that is a BS answer.
There has to be a entrance cost because 40K just doesn't get donated?
the 100k at the end of the year is coming from somewhere?
There is the cost of a rig to tow and stay in, Food, Just taking time off from your job to be at the track Thursday night early Friday morning then get back home to be at work on Monday. I know my boss would not be happy if I told him I was going to work 3 days a week for the next 9 or 10 weeks because I was going racing. I think I would be asked to go back out the front door and don't come back

I feel this isn't just a grass roots racer thing by any stretch

I have not read nor heard anyone say where this money comes from.

Please help me understand, I just don't get it.

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by 392Hemi
Off Topic, but what do most of you guys do for a living? not everyone can have hotrod shop, engine shop or a tuning shop that does well enough to float at least a couple hundred thousand dollars for the season to go race 9 events. is everyone self made? I would love to do this at a different level but the cost is so much money to be competitive(just to run a weekend series at the local track). how crazy expensive is this. and please don't say if you have to ask you can't afford because that is a BS answer.
There has to be a entrance cost because 40K just doesn't get donated?
the 100k at the end of the year is coming from somewhere?
There is the cost of a rig to tow and stay in, Food, Just taking time off from your job to be at the track Thursday night early Friday morning then get back home to be at work on Monday. I know my boss would not be happy if I told him I was going to work 3 days a week for the next 9 or 10 weeks because I was going racing. I think I would be asked to go back out the front door and don't come back

I feel this isn't just a grass roots racer thing by any stretch

I have not read nor heard anyone say where this money comes from.

Please help me understand, I just don't get it.

Giuseppe is a driver at Disney Studios. I am a plant manager at a sulfur processing plant. My brother installs beverage equipment for Coca Cola. Jason Pettis owns Pettis Perf. My wife is a physician. I and my wife pay for everything but all of my team is voluntary. I had planned to retire a couple of years ago but I want to race so I get up at 3:30am M-F and drive 54 miles one way to work. The expenses are enormous and I couldn't do it without my wife. We do almost everything in-house. I am heading to Giuseppe's right now to spend 12 hours on the new car. That happens 2-3 days per week for me.

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bigcube
Thanks for all the inside info, you and your team presented yourselves well, what real racers are like. I was routing for you! I look forward to watch how the new car shakes out next season.
Thanks. That means a lot to me. The new car should make all of you guys proud. It's a Mustang but it will be cool and it will have Hemi power.

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 04:54 PM

"There has to be a entrance cost because 40K just doesn't get donated?"

The one thing the show does for all invited racers is give us free entry for driver and 7 crew. We get VIP pit space and entry to the tracks.
Getting time off is a problem. Fortunately we have understanding employers but some of the time off we all get is unpaid.

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 05:24 PM

Bob I too appreciate the inside story you provide. But even more I appreciate that you don’t provide results before they are on tv. In today’s world it is hard to not hear results ahead of time but I’ve done a pretty good job of that. If I don’t watch the show till Tuesday night I even avoid some race sites till I’ve seen the show. Thanks again and Goodluck next season
Posted By: CSK

Re: Big Chief - 12/07/19 06:05 PM

I do the same John. also Thank you Bob, & ALL your crew, much respect to Y'all !!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums