Moparts

Nitrous,,,any expets here?

Posted By: hemi-itis

Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/23/19 02:55 AM

I want to cool my roots blower with a pair of N2o plates added to the exsisting 1 inch spacer,that did not work as the blade on the SV1 comes out a little more than 2 1/4 inches under thecarb base.I would need a 2 1/8 spacer that patrick says it too much and suggested the perimeter plates.They are well over $300 each! I m thinking a fogger nozzle in each spacer,just have to find out if one per carb is or do I need 2 per work
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/23/19 11:42 AM

I responded on the facebook page.....

Call induction solutions, they were working on a plate for that carb a while ago.

If there is no perimeter plate available, then get someone (Induction solutions) to plumb you a few direct port nozzles in a spacer.

You might also get Nova Joe to plumb it for you
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/23/19 09:01 PM

Put it on alcy
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/23/19 11:30 PM

What about one of the Snow water methanol injection kit on straight methanol?

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/24/19 05:17 AM

Oh,they make preimeter plates for over $300 each.Just not in the budget..................I'm thinking a fogger nozzle into each carb spacer, just have to figure out the style nozzle and jetting.

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/24/19 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
I responded on the facebook page.....

Call induction solutions, they were working on a plate for that carb a while ago.

If there is no perimeter plate available, then get someone (Induction solutions) to plumb you a few direct port nozzles in a spacer.

You might also get Nova Joe to plumb it for you

I have everything except the nozzles.Plumbing is easy,just have to get 2 nozzles.

I had been looking at Snow & IAS for some time and decide gas it the coolest option,much lower IAT that W/m or straight meth.

Attached picture 10.19.19 010.jpg
Attached picture 10.19.19 009.jpg
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/24/19 11:57 AM

Spray whatever you like in there, but at the end of the day, nothing will be as good as methanol. Get a pair of rupert alky carbs if you're staying with carbs.Then you can spin it till you run over the crank if you like lol.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/24/19 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
I want to cool my roots blower with a pair of N2o plates added to the exsisting 1 inch spacer,that did dot work as the blade on the SZ1 comes out a little more tha 2 1/4 inches.I would need a 2 1/8 sapacer that patric says it too much and suggested the perimeter plates.They are well over $300 each! I m thinking a fogger nozzle in each spacer,just have to find out i per car is or do I need 2 per work

You are the only guy that I know that bought those carbs and still run them. Most guys gave up on them LONG ago.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/24/19 04:58 PM

Did you put silicone on the nitrous plate?????

I haven't seen an SV1 on a car at the track in a while now that I think of it.

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/25/19 03:19 PM

[quote=an8sec70cuda]Did you put silicone on the nitrous plate?????

/quote]
Yes,that is silicone and not by me laugh2 Helpers try to help but left UNattended things like this happen. I had a police tow and left to come back and find that eek
I cleaned it up and put it back together with the SUPERPERMFORMANCE gaskets only to find the blade hit the crossbars..............
I do have a pair of Dominators lined up to borrow and try.That are off a 600ci raceboat with 2 engines. I'm a low budget mostly NO budget exhibitionist just trying to go fast so I just kept working on these carbs.
They seem to be good,,,,,just not GREAT!
I mostly street drive and try to get to the track 3 or 4 times a year.This has been a lean year getting out to Atco only one time and don't think I can make it out before seasons end. The auto biz sure has changed the last few years!

Attached picture 6.8.19 007.jpg

Re: Nitrous,,,any expets here? - 10/25/19 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by dthemi
Spray whatever you like in there, but at the end of the day, nothing will be as good as methanol. Get a pair of rupert alky carbs if you're staying with carbs.Then you can spin it till you run over the crank if you like lol.

I don't know how well that would work out for street driving.I can drive on pump premium and still go high 9's. Meth or "E" burns at a much faster rate requiring more fuel stops,so I stay with gas and step up to 112 for the race daze.

Attached picture IMG_9960.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums