Moparts

Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky

Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 02:52 AM

https://youtu.be/lhKCLMznOSE

I just saw this on Facebook. They said he walked away, hope he’s ok. Last I knew he was the last Mopar still out there, is he still running Mopar power?
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 03:17 AM

I saw the whole vid on fs1 ... he walked away and was shown hugging his wife ... it’s a bummer - the car appears to be toast
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 03:22 AM

I want to say he moved to chevrolet power but I could be wrong. He did stop posting here so maybe that is why? Glad to see he walked away that was ugly.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 03:27 AM

I know he did get away from running Mopar based engines but I’m not sure now. The class is dead to me. That was an ugly race and I hope he is ok.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 03:57 AM

Heard he bought an Elite engine and still working in his hemi to find some power. wrench
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
I know he did get away from running Mopar based engines but I’m not sure now. The class is dead to me. That was an ugly race and I hope he is ok.

It’s hard to be competitive when the NHRA stacks the deck against you so I understand the move to GM power, it’s sad. I agree Camaro Stock is basically dead to me as well, I honestly have a hard time following the NHRA at all anymore. I get most of my updates through Facebook, although I did take my 3&5 year old daughters to Norwalk for the pro race this year to experience nitro for the first time.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 05:34 PM

Last race he was using engines from FIRE,,,,,Frank Iaconio

He had a second car out a few races ago with someone else driving and it was still running a Hemi....

It actually bumped him out...LOL
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/12/19 07:19 PM

Well past the finish line, no chute, assumed hard on the brakes turned the car. Hit hard. Feel bad for the guy, or any independent with no budget, when they tear their stuff up like that.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/16/19 09:30 PM

Even Alan said at first that he may have got on the brakes too hard. However on the Fox broadcast Brian Lohnes said that Alan thought the transmission was in neutral, it was not and it caused some sort of lock up. Not sure I understand but that is what he said and he apologized to Alan for a previous report they had made saying Alan had hit the brakes too hard.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/17/19 11:46 AM

It looked like his chute didn't initially deploy properly. Does he normally use one or two? Only one seemed to blossom as his car got crooked when he was passing the other car. Glad he's ok and still working on the Mopar engine.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Wild ride for Alan Prusiensky - 10/17/19 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Locomotion
It looked like his chute didn't initially deploy properly. Does he normally use one or two? Only one seemed to blossom as his car got crooked when he was passing the other car. Glad he's ok and still working on the Mopar engine.
Myron, the chute not opening definitely started the whole thing. I think he normally uses two chutes. I have noticed on some cars, especially Greg Anderson's that the chutes can get tangled together which can make it look like only one chute is deployed. Not sure if that is what happened here however.
© 2024 Moparts Forums