Moparts

440 Mechanical six pack PCV valve ???

Posted By: Milan454

440 Mechanical six pack PCV valve ??? - 10/09/19 12:13 AM

Hi gang, I'm looking for input for a PCV valve for a hopped up engine with 12 inches of vacuum at idle in park. Oh and it can't be made of unobtanium.
I started with a Fram PV163. The idle was so high I could not adjust the carbs even close to seeing the transfer slot.
I then did a web search and learned that a valve from a s10 2.2 liter flowed significantly less at idle. So I installed an ACDelco 19313315. The idle dropped significantly and I think I'm going to stick with this PCV for my larger canned engines.
Thoughts???
Thanks!!
Posted By: madscientist

Re: 440 Mechanical six pack PCV valve ??? - 10/09/19 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Milan454
Hi gang, I'm looking for input for a PCV valve for a hopped up engine with 12 inches of vacuum at idle in park. Oh and it can't be made of unobtanium.
I started with a Fram PV163. The idle was so high I could not adjust the carbs even close to seeing the transfer slot.
I then did a web search and learned that a valve from a s10 2.2 liter flowed significantly less at idle. So I installed an ACDelco 19313315. The idle dropped significantly and I think I'm going to stick with this PCV for my larger canned engines.
Thoughts???
Thanks!!

You might as well bite the bullet and call M.E. Wagner and buy one of their adjustable valves. None of the junk you buy today is worth bothering with.
Posted By: A990

Re: 440 Mechanical six pack PCV valve ??? - 10/09/19 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by madscientist
Originally Posted by Milan454
Thoughts???
Thanks!!

You might as well bite the bullet and call M.E. Wagner and buy one of their adjustable valves. None of the junk you buy today is worth bothering with.

Yep. Worth every penny.
All day long. Twice on Sunday.
Posted By: sogtx

Re: 440 Mechanical six pack PCV valve ??? - 10/09/19 08:56 AM

Yep
This thing is slick as whaleshit

Any one have an image installed on a chrysler VC
Or you can gut pcv valve and hide it under Air cleaner

Wagner Valve
Posted By: 383man

Re: 440 Mechanical six pack PCV valve ??? - 10/10/19 01:32 AM

I use a stock type PCV valve in my 493 and it works great. I don't remember what it is listed for as I have a few around the garage and ended up using this one because it works fine on my combo. I have a good idle and the eng pull's enough vacuum at part throttle that the valve works good. I have been running this PCV valve for about 8 years. Ron

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jbc426

Re: 440 Mechanical six pack PCV valve ??? - 10/10/19 04:08 PM

I run the old Direct Connection mechanical carbs too. Absolutely love them. Motor idles around 7" of vacuum. The stock Mopar specific PCV works fine in mine. No fast idle issues at all.

Maybe it's something else? You can make a flow restriction plug and stuff it in your PCV line. Drill a smaller hole in it to reduce the air flow. I did that on my old slant 6, and it worked perfectly.
© 2024 Moparts Forums