Moparts

Street Outlaws Memphis

Posted By: Sammy

Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/03/19 12:46 AM

Kicked Detroits butt.
Memphis racers are tough to beat.
Chuckie got beat and I thought they were fastest on the street.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/03/19 09:03 PM

Please add "Spoiler Alert" to your post title when you give away the ending before others have had a chance to watch it for themselves.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 02:28 PM

Its a TV show they show you want they WANT you to see. They make every effort to ensure they have the advantage for filming, as in having access to the road for testing before filming for the TV folks but not the other racers. I speak from first hand knowledge, not hearsay. Just keep in mind it is TV nothing more nothing less. This is their 6th visit to Vegas, they just left and have been here a few days testing and filming.

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Its a TV show they show you want they WANT you to see. They make every effort to ensure they have the advantage for filming, as in having access to the road for testing before filming for the TV folks but not the other racers. I speak from first hand knowledge, not hearsay. Just keep in mind it is TV nothing more nothing less. This is their 6th visit to Vegas, they just left and have been here a few days testing and filming.

Just wondering then if Detroit really lost $37,000?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sammy

Just wondering then if Detroit really lost $37,000?

I’ll just say that Ohio has a lot of cars that are fast, real fast. And what they show on tv isn’t what they are caliber of. You gotta be a real loser to go on tv and be embarrassed like that. From everything I’ve heard about Detroit those guys are crazy fast too. If JJ and the crew lost every week how long do you think the show would go on.

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 04:51 PM

There is a reason they choose such sketchy roads for filming, and we will just leave it at that. They have left PLENTY of money here in Vegas, but on TV they cannot be beat again nuff said. Its TV again NUFF SAID

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 05:47 PM

There is a reason they choose such sketchy roads for filming, and we will just leave it at that. They have left PLENTY of money here in Vegas, but on TV they cannot be beat again nuff said. Its TV again NUFF SAID

Wouldn't they be sketchy for both sides?
That Bailey guy and Carp have never lost.

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 06:16 PM

You mean you have never seen them loose on TV. Before they film on the street THEY pick they spend a couple days testing on that street. The other competitors never see the street til the night they film, a rather large advantage for the TV team for sure
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 06:29 PM

A reality “show” that isn’t 100% based on reality????

I’m shocked!!

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
A reality “show” that isn’t 100% based on reality????

I’m shocked!!

EXACTLY!!!

Curious how fast some here think some of these guys are..I can tell you that last time they were here we went to the track the following Friday and ran a couple of the cars down the track exactly how they were for the street. Since all that can be done is a best guess at what the street will hold we were genuinely curious. I can tell you approx how fast a certain Camaro and Nova from the show are as both races were decided by a bumper ON TV.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/04/19 09:38 PM

I can tell you for a fact that a Memphis car did not win JJ's Arm Drop at US 41 this summer.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/05/19 08:52 AM

Not sure how many times JJ can keep wrecking stuff, but they sure keep trying.

Attached picture IMG_4720.JPG
Posted By: furious70

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/05/19 02:43 PM

I'm actually losing interest in the show now that this season seems even more lop sided. I like the storyline of JJ's peeps, but them never getting beat is making the show boring.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/05/19 11:49 PM

I've seen video here recently were he lost to a local for 5000. pity

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/06/19 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by racerx

That won’t make the tv show. 😂
Posted By: ksj

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/06/19 01:14 AM

Locals first name Troy?

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/06/19 08:04 AM

Yes sir.

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/06/19 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by racerx

That won’t make the tv show. 😂

I wonder work
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/06/19 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
I can tell you for a fact that a Memphis car did not win JJ's Arm Drop at US 41 this summer.
A local won big tire in Miss earlier this year too.

Dennis
Posted By: dart games

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/07/19 04:39 AM

that troy guy with that blue camaro is a local in my area,recently jj had a event at bonne terre drag strip,troy won 1k and beat jj,but jj got out of shape,and of coarse i was the only mopar racing there
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/10/19 08:04 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: topside

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/11/19 12:14 AM

^^^ Yeah, they've really worn that phrase out.
It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me now... laugh2
Posted By: Dynoguy

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/11/19 07:16 PM

I have heard they don't give the other cities they are racing against a lot of time for them to get the really fast cars together, so the other cities just show up with whatever cars they can get. I know on Street Outlaws when they raced cars from Canada they only gave those guys 24 hours to get the cars together.

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/15/19 02:02 AM

Well the old grungy racers are obnoxious Memphis tonight. Give me this, give me that. Lol give me a break. 8 minutes was enough to make me want to puke.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/15/19 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Well the old grungy racers are obnoxious Memphis tonight. Give me this, give me that. Lol give me a break. 8 minutes was enough to make me want to puke.

That show was so bad I couldn't even watch it.... hammer
Posted By: BradH

Re: Street Outlaws Memphis - 10/15/19 04:35 PM

Duzn't everybody wanna see redneck street racin' wimmen dancin' around like theyz drunk sayin' "Off wiff dey headz!"? whistling
© 2024 Moparts Forums