Moparts

Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation?

Posted By: A34

Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/22/19 05:27 PM

Hey Guys,

Who do you recommend for a roller cam, lifters and rocker arm assembly? Also, who do you NOT recommend. This is for a mild 440.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Mopar Guy

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/22/19 07:03 PM

I asume you are talking about hydrolic so i would recomend morel lifters and talk to Duane Porter about your cam choise would be my best bet for a great result.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/22/19 07:40 PM

Don't skimp.
Junk is cheaper for a reason.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/22/19 08:11 PM

For a mild 440 I'd go with parts from Comp Cams. Cam, lifters and rockers.
Posted By: A34

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/22/19 08:45 PM

Thanks! Yes, Hydraulic roller.

Would you have contact info by chance?
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/23/19 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by A34

Eight zero two - nine five one- one nine five five he’s usually in from about 9am-6pm

My opinion, and Dwayne may disagree, is my first choice wouldn’t be Comp hyd. roller lifters, and even wouldn’t suggest Morels at this point, based on some current trends. Dwayne knows how to catch me if need be. Dwayne will get you a good cam, stick with his advice.
Posted By: Mopar Guy

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/23/19 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by CompWedgeEngines
Originally Posted by A34

Eight zero two - nine five one- one nine five five he’s usually in from about 9am-6pm

My opinion, and Dwayne may disagree, is my first choice wouldn’t be Comp hyd. roller lifters, and even wouldn’t suggest Morels at this point, based on some current trends. Dwayne knows how to catch me if need be. Dwayne will get you a good cam, stick with his advice.

What kind of some current trends regarding morels lifters ? I never heard of any going bad ! I have seen comp cams roller lifter that pin for roller came out !
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/23/19 03:13 PM

Any company that makes a bunch of products for racing will have some failures, Morel has some also shruggy
Some people, car guys, can screw up a wrecking ball in a sand box with a feather shruggy work
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Roller cam and rocker manufacturer reccomendation? - 09/23/19 03:16 PM

Call Comp Cams 800-365-9145, Bullet 662-893-8022 and Ultra Dyne 662-893-8022 and compared there recommendations for you and go from there.
As far as hydraulic roller lifters I don't use them due to not being able to get good trouble free lifters from any company out there so far whiney
Adjustable rocker arms are a different deal all together, don't buy cheap import aluminum roller tips, NO GOOD down
As already mentioned Comp Cams stainless steel, Crane aluminum and ductile iron rockers, Isky ductile iron and maybe RAS 530242-1316 if they have any in stock and maybe Hughes aluminum for street use shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums