Moparts

Stainnless valves for Indy heads

Posted By: theman440

Stainnless valves for Indy heads - 09/21/19 03:55 AM

Anybody know who makes the valves for Indy cylinder heads? Indy wants $225 for 8 intake valves for Indy EZ-1 heads.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Stainnless valves for Indy heads - 09/21/19 04:16 AM

Aren't they just BB Chevy valves?
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Stainnless valves for Indy heads - 09/21/19 01:49 PM

Indeed they are.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Stainnless valves for Indy heads - 09/21/19 04:44 PM

They are made in Argentina by a company called Brusso Brothers. One of the largest valve makers on earth. There is nothing really wrong with them other than the price. Before all the boo birds start their mating calls.....Those guys make valves for LOTS of people who just put their name on the box. They are also one of if not the OEM supplier to most of the cars running around today.
Todd
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Stainnless valves for Indy heads - 09/21/19 05:08 PM

If you search on the dimensions you'll find various options but unless you really know what you're doing it is probably smarter to have a cylinder head guy get the valves for you. From what I remember those are just 2.19 x 0.3415 x 5.344 valves. I'm not sure on the shape of the head or a margin width or things like that which is why you usually want to work with a cylinder head guy. But if you search on Summit you can find BB Chevy SST valves for roughly 1/2 the price that Indy wants. However, if you buy the severe duty valves the prices is basically the same as the Indy price so the real question is which valves are Indy selling and can you do better than their price for the same quality of part. I don't know the answer to that but if I was buying valves I'd buy them from Manley rather than Indy. Or more likely, I'd call Porter Racing Heads and buy from him.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Stainnless valves for Indy heads - 09/25/19 12:03 AM

My 440-1s have 2.19 intakes and could benefit greatly from 2.25s per IQ52. And adequate blending.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Stainnless valves for Indy heads - 09/25/19 02:27 PM

If that's the case, which rebox is the best buy? Is it the same for TITanium valves??? work
© 2024 Moparts Forums