Moparts

air filters

Posted By: dragon

air filters - 09/20/19 01:52 PM

does any one run a air filter like a K&N drag only car did they hurt your ET K&N makes one for my hood scoop before I buy one just want some more info
Posted By: BloFish

Re: air filters - 09/20/19 02:21 PM

There was no significant reduction in ET for me.I’d rather run a filter.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: air filters - 09/20/19 02:22 PM

ALL filters have some restriction.. its a matter of how much.. if you race at a track thats dirty then
you need a filter to keep the dirt out of the engine.. I dont use a filter but thats me.. K&M does have
a bit more restriction than some of the other filters proven on flow bench
wave
Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Re: air filters - 09/20/19 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by dragon
does any one run a air filter like a K&N drag only car did they hurt your ET K&N makes one for my hood scoop before I buy one just want some more info

http://www.r2cperformance.com/clear-oval--air-cleaner-base-and-lid.aspx I know some Stock Eliminator guys that run these filters and don't remove them for heads up runs. I ran a K&N oval filter and the filter lid on my Stocker zero performance difference.

If you are running a bracket car, what difference does it make if it slows the car a couple of hun. I would rather jet for it and keep trash out of my engine.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: air filters - 09/20/19 03:33 PM

I won't race without a filter. I have made test hits with the scoop and filters off and there was NO change in my AFRs.

Attached picture 3.6.14 025.jpg
Attached picture 5.13.15 005.jpg
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: air filters - 09/20/19 06:19 PM

No way I'd run without a filter. Have seen too much junk, whether it be a rock, bolt, or rubber, fly back, and hit the car. Wouldn't want it going down the carb as well.
Posted By: cl440

Re: air filters - 09/20/19 06:30 PM

I always run a filter. Current setup is a WIX racing 3"x14" with the KN top. Works great. Car runs 8.50's @ 158

Attached picture TURR5107.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: air filters - 09/20/19 09:12 PM

I have use and tested K&N filters and the K&N top filters, two motors on two different dyno lost 8 HP on the dyno.
My old race car went .2 ET quicker and .23 MP in the 14 mile with the top on versus with out it off with a six pack type scoop with the lid almost touching the back of the bottom edge of the scoop.
I haven't race a bracket motor with out a air filer on it since 1970s twocents
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: air filters - 09/21/19 01:11 AM

Biggest K&N I could fit with no oil. Just trying to keep the big stuff out. I think it actually helped the car by straightening/smoothing the air in the sealed scoop. Made the cylinder walls and rest of the engine look noticeably happier
© 2024 Moparts Forums