Moparts

Southern Classic results

Posted By: dvw

Southern Classic results - 09/09/19 12:11 AM

I blew it in the semis. Casey Fauss Johnson for the N/SS win Saturday over the up and coming Scott Schaefer. It was Casey's Birthday. I told him I rolled the lights on purpose in the semis so he didn't have to face me, lol. Sunday was a better day. 5 rds for the win over 5 time Victory N/SS champ Tom Hoffman. My worst r/t of the day .025, but on the big end got it tightened up to .014 mov . He was
014 on tree, good race.
Doug
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/09/19 12:46 AM

Great job Doug! beer
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/09/19 01:15 AM

Not a bad weekend Doug! Tom Hoffman, and his wife, are some of the nicest people you could ever meet.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/09/19 04:17 PM

Awesome and congrats. Will you be running NSS in Indy at the NMCA race in a couple weeks?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/09/19 05:08 PM

Sounds like they had a good turnout! Wish I could have made it, but unfortunately mine will be down for a while.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/09/19 05:45 PM

It was a misfits weekend ! - congrats Doug
Posted By: dvw

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/09/19 07:57 PM

Unfortunately going to miss Indy. Birthday bash planned for my son Scott's (Dizuster) 40th birthday as well as my younger son Chris (37). They're Birthdays are 2 years 364 days apart. Next year for sure. Tom s a great person and one tough racer. I've had his number a few times now, all close. My record against him isn't going to last forever.
Doug
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/11/19 12:06 PM

Congrats DVW!!!
Posted By: mills.mopar

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/11/19 08:21 PM

Congratulations Doug! I was there to see ya work your magic!

Question for ya... Did the track cut the payout to you N/SS and hemi guys on Sunday? Just curious.

Thanks
Jeff
Posted By: 301v

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/16/19 07:59 PM

They did us in Super Pro plus adding a round of buybacks. Needless to say i won't be going back for the Ken More next month and that's a race several of us went to. And he can't figure out why he doesn't have any cars. I heard after the fact that he was doing that basically ever week on the normal race nights.
Posted By: mills.mopar

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/17/19 04:47 PM

Yea, I knew he cut payout for pro and super pro.. just wondering if he cut the big boys too.... If he was planning on cutting the purse he should have made the announcement BEFORE the race... I will probably not be back

I'll invite you to London dragway if you have never been! They actually chase you down most of time if you've won money!

Jeff
Posted By: 301v

Re: Southern Classic results - 09/20/19 06:53 PM

Yea it should have been announced and also having 2 round of buybacks and not being advertised that way. All i know is is that he has lost 6 cars for the kenmore race next month because of those actions.

Been a while since we have been to london and it's pretty much the same distance for us. I had no complaints the last time we were there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums