Moparts

Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths

Posted By: 67Satty

Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/22/19 02:44 PM

The price of the 84cc Edelbrock E Street heads has been reduced to $1112.85. With Summit's $100 off deal if you spend more than $1000 and free shipping this brings the price down to $1012.85, cheaper than a pair of $1000 440 Source heads since 440 Source doesn't offer free shipping.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/22/19 02:51 PM

Life is good for the bb mopar guys! 440 source will still have its niche with the stock look.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/22/19 03:45 PM

Not bad at all up

If I remember correctly I paid 1050 for my RPM heads, but that was a long time ago and I held out for the 10% discount.

The almost* stock appearance of the Stealth head will give it continued success.

*Lack of a heat crossover is obvious from the top
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/22/19 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 67Satty
The price of the 84cc Edelbrock E Street heads has been reduced to $1112.85. With Summit's $100 off deal if you spend more than $1000 and free shipping this brings the price down to $1012.85, cheaper than a pair of $1000 440 Source heads since 440 Source doesn't offer free shipping.

How about the 75 cc head?
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by BSB67
Originally Posted by 67Satty

How about the 75 cc head?

Not bad

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-5090

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 12:46 AM

Nice. Thanks.

Almost want to buy them just to have them.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 12:57 AM

Competition does wonderful things.
Posted By: Digger73

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 01:45 AM

Are the E street heads better than the Trick Flow 240 heads?

Digger73 (Mike)

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Digger73
Are the E street heads better than the Trick Flow 240 heads?

Digger73 (Mike)

How do you measure better?

Power potential goes to TF 240.

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 02:48 AM

Just asking because they are the same price.

Digger73 (Mike)
Posted By: CSK

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 02:54 AM

Digger73 (Mike)

Thats a pair for the Edelbrocks,,,each for the TF240

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 03:12 AM

My bad...

Digger73 (Mike)
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 04:30 AM

Digger73 (Mike)

The tfs 240 head price is per head.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 10:50 AM

Does 440Source charge sales tax? I know that Summit does.
Posted By: stroked470

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 08/23/19 05:49 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the E street head has a powder metal seat in it. Which Edelbrock told be you can only run a hydraulic flat tappet cam and nothing else or you would have to change the seats.
Posted By: MFR440

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/10/19 06:40 PM

Sorry for dragging up an older thread, but Mancini has deal going on the RPM heads for about $1350 a pair. Are they much better than the EZ‘s? I am in the planning stages of a pump gas 440 build and wondering if I should go ahead and pick these up or wait until I know better what will be going into my build.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/10/19 06:51 PM

“Better” than EZ’s??

Totally depends on what you’re trying to do with them.

I would say it like this......

The RPM heads that have gone through my shop needed less work to be “right” than the EZ heads.
And I’ve had many of both through the shop.

But I don’t really consider those direct competitors with each other.
Posted By: krautrock

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/10/19 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by MFR440
Sorry for dragging up an older thread, but Mancini has deal going on the RPM heads for about $1350 a pair. Are they much better than the EZ‘s? I am in the planning stages of a pump gas 440 build and wondering if I should go ahead and pick these up or wait until I know better what will be going into my build.

i think those edelbrock heads are the Mopar Performance RPM heads with straight plugs. just an FYI.
Posted By: MFR440

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/11/19 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
“Better” than EZ’s??

The RPM heads that have gone through my shop needed less work to be “right” than the EZ heads.

Thanks for the reply - you are a guru for sure!👍
But what if I don’t know what I’m tying to do with them? 😄

My options are pretty wide open. I have a 440 block with a forged crank, stock rods, and some decent pistons...but I am also considering a 440-Source stroker kit. Are the RPM’s overkill for a mild build? It just seemed like a really good deal, and I am wondering if I might be able to “grow” into them later. 😉
Posted By: rebel

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/11/19 05:36 AM

[quote=MFR440

My options are pretty wide open. I have a 440 block with a forged crank, stock rods, and some decent pistons...but I am also considering a 440-Source stroker kit. Are the RPM’s overkill for a mild build? It just seemed like a really good deal, and I am wondering if I might be able to “grow” into them later. 😉 [/quote]

if youre considering a Source kit, i'd look at better rods. Rods are the most stressed part of any motor, why anyone would go cheap on rods is beyond me. When they fail, the damage is 20 x more than the money saved buying the cheap rubbish. I have personally seen 3x rod failures of Source rods, plus there have been a few on Facebook posts. Spend the money where it counts & sleep easier.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/11/19 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
“Better” than EZ’s??

Hello Dwayne what's your thoughts about the RPM heads on a 470 motor wanting to run 10's in a 67 Plymouth b- body
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/11/19 02:23 PM

Hello Dwayne what's your thoughts about the RPM heads on a 470 motor wanting to run 10's in a 67 Plymouth b- body

In a “race car” you could probably get there with ootb heads if the rest of the car was extremely well sorted out.

In a street car, I don’t see it playing out that way.
And if you have to pay for some head work and parts upgrades...... the TF240’s will end up costing the same, or possibly even be less.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/11/19 02:40 PM

I haven’t seen a big block Edelbrock Head lately but their small block heads have sure gone to heck over the years. I sure as heck won’t buy another set.
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Edelbrock Heads Now Cheaper Than Stealths - 10/11/19 04:05 PM

My machinist was very pleased with the quality of my 84cc Edelbrock E Streets. Only problem was he said the valve guides were too tight on three of the guides so he corrected them, lapped in the valves, and cleaned up the ports and bowl area all for $250 on these $1100 heads. He also sold me a nice set of Isky ductile iron rockers with upgraded spacers and hold downs for $300. So I'm into to these for way less (maybe half ?) than the cost of a pair of Trick Flows, ARP rocker studs and the recommended Harland Sharp rockers.

But yeah, if I was starting from scratch on a build, not just swapping out my stock iron, and really needed 600 hp for my street car to hit a certain number at the track, the Trick Flows would be the way to go from everything I've heard about them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums