Moparts

Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019?

Posted By: Dragula

Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/14/19 02:22 AM

Who's going, whatcha got left to do, and what car are you taking?
Posted By: ksj

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/14/19 03:56 AM

I know MoparBillys brothers are getting ready.Told them it was to early as they usually start on Labor Day weekend.LOL.
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/14/19 04:14 PM

I am, 68 barracuda fastback, 410ci. I just need to swap center sections from 4.10 to 3.73 the week before. Then just pack stuff to haul. Probably run the valves the week before. Fixed an annoying slow trans leak. Found a bad rear wheel bearing swapped that out. Not much really. Goal is to run quicker than 11.99 in the heat.

Attached picture CC84D735-B7A3-49C3-B5F7-73EDEE0FA9AC.jpeg
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/14/19 04:15 PM

Dragweek........ def already missing the blow-by-blow reports..........delivered as only MoparBilly could.
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/14/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Dragweek........ def already missing the blow-by-blow reports..........delivered as only MoparBilly could.
iagree

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/18/19 02:41 PM

Only 2 weeks to go!!!!!!
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/18/19 02:59 PM

Is there a list of competitors posted anywhere? shruggy
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/18/19 08:50 PM

Im going 69 dart in small block na. Have a bunch of small stuff left to do. I had it running a few months back but decided it was to slow.

Description: Screenshot_20190620-
Attached picture Screenshot_20190620-154009_Chrome.jpg

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/19/19 02:25 AM

I wish I could go.......If I had not got laid off this year, the car would be closer. I learned I need better cooling and to truly do drag week I would have had to go from a roll bar to full cage, and I would need a trailer and hitch....Other than that, I keep thinking that one of these years I am going to make it.

I have to live thru you guys and your stories...
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/19/19 11:25 AM

My Dad and I are not going this year, we decided it was too far away and while the tracks were awesome we didn't think that area and traffic would be a good time for a couple of Okies. I have been real lazy in getting my car going this year, but right on schedule with Drag Week I got it running, had a leak, then found a cracked converter snout. So it kind of feels like drag week prep lol. The difference this time is I put a empty trans case in it, dropped it off the jacks, threw the cover on and pushed it into the corner.

Really going to miss Billy's recap this year. His recap was awesome even if you were at the event!

Posted By: moparx

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/19/19 04:41 PM

billy will SURELY be missed this time of year for MANY, MANY years to come ! i'm sure he is giving the big MAN upstairs a blow by blow account of why this activity is indulged in by us mere mortals.
drag week will NEVER be the same without billy.
beer

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/23/19 01:44 AM

Only a week or so left.....Crunch time!!!!

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/23/19 04:07 AM

To those that know me from DW I ask that what I post here stays here.Since 07 Ive raced,crewed,drove the route 10 times.Missed 05,06,08 and 18.My son lost his battle with the "C" word in Feb.Once you go on DW you are family and theres nothing they wont do for you and I cant thank everyone enough for the calls,texts etc.Id love to attend the whole week.Tracks Ive always wanted to see etc.Looks like I'll be at Cecil on Tuesday and at some TT Nova wagons house party on Monday night.Think his name is Frank Sapanaro and theres some YouTube vidioes of his wagon.LOL.When I missed 08 my wife told me never again would I not go in some capacity.Something about me being an A$$hole
Posted By: racerx

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/23/19 12:07 PM

I'll be watching for the live feed drinking

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/24/19 12:03 AM

I barely passed high school so dont expect a big right up from me. I did spend most of the day putting wipers back in my car. So that means it will not rain the whole time.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/24/19 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by NoFrills
I barely passed high school so dont expect a big right up from me. I did spend most of the day putting wipers back in my car. So that means it will not rain the whole time.

Dont say that.. I was trunk monkey for my buddy in his 52 Ford PU truck.. he has the stock vacumn
wipers on it with I think were the original blades.. and we pulled out of Milan Detroit headed to
Pennsylvania we hit a bad rain storm(was a tornado about 10 miles ahead of use).. we finally made
it but we played hell most of the say... the next year we had new wipers and blades
wave

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/24/19 02:55 AM

My Wipers were the MVP last year for sure! That and my air cleaner cover from the baking aisle lol

Attached picture IMG_1390.jpeg

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/25/19 02:06 AM

Now that is drag week ingenuity...

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/25/19 02:22 AM

I have bin chaseing a oil leak in the bottom rear of my engine. Had the oil pan out to reseal it still leaking. Took it out side for a ride today. Came back stared cleaning the garage and found the plug from behind the cam manged up in the corner under a bench. Guess i also figured out what that weird crunch sound that i heard one day was.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/25/19 08:31 PM

As close as it to EVER,I can't pull it out of the budget.It remains in the bucket list.Guess I would have to put wipers back in whistling

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/25/19 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
As close as it to EVER,I can't pull it out of the budget.It remains in the bucket list.Guess I would have to put wipers back in whistling

I would hate to think of how much fuel your combo would use on the trip to each track....How are those SV1's on fuel. I never got mine to run as good as my Dominator.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/26/19 02:29 AM

I’m thinking I might drive up an spectate.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/28/19 01:08 AM

crunch...

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 12:30 AM

Crunch, crunch, crunch....

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 02:20 AM

You can do it. Fruitaburgers favorite line at the drivers meeting is"We have a lot of cars that were not even running 24 hours ago".LOL
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 02:30 AM

How can guys that prep for one event a year not be ready for said event year after year. Lol.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 03:41 AM

You would be surprised.LOL
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
How can guys that prep for one event a year not be ready for said event year after year. Lol.

Haven't you ever heard the story of the tortoise and the hare? whistling
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Those that haven't done it, wouldn't understand.

The event wipes you out. You do not even want to look at the car for about 6 months afterwards. Heck, Joel and I don't hardly talk to one another for a month or so. Then you start thinking about changes you want to make, to either go faster, or make the week easier. You pick up a lot of thing during the week, that you would like to change for the next year. Life gets in the way, and next thing you know it's a mad thrash again, because after all, it's Drag Week, and you will do anything to make the event, and see your friends again. The event has a draw to it, that can't be explained without being a part of it, just once. The things you see, the adventure that happens, and people that are like minded, all around you is what draws the diehards to this event.
Posted By: squirrel

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 02:15 PM

I had all year to get my Barracuda done, I started on it about a month ago, then went off on a totally different adventure that wiped me out for 3 weeks. So I'm bringing Plan II to Drag Week this year, instead.

"Wipes you out" is probably something you just can't understand, until you experience it.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 02:55 PM

Jim, say hello to your Trunk Monkey for me. See you guys in 2020.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 03:38 PM

i have been totally wiped out, [due to other reasons] and i know EGG-ZACKLY what you are talking about.
it ain't fun by any stretch of the imagination.
beer

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 04:01 PM

I know after a full season of Racing and ending the season with 8 days of the Halloween Classic at Norwalk I’m burnt out. Especially if it is a cold windy week. I usually unload and park the race car in the shop and close the door for 3-4 weeks. Every year I keep saying I’m done with it but now at 63 and attending over 40 of them it hasn’t been easy to give it up. Entries for it get mailed out next Tuesday. Hmmm maybe I will wait till after this 4 day race weekend at Norwalk to decide

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 04:14 PM

So it’s not a good idea if I have a race the next weekend at Atco and will have to swap center sections during the week? Doh!

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by FurryStump
So it’s not a good idea if I have a race the next weekend at Atco and will have to swap center sections during the week? Doh!

You are going to be wore out after the week...

I hate to say it, but you can't compare a long week of bracket racing to Drag week. Yeah I know that can be exhausting, but now just think at the end of a LONG hot day, you have to now load up everything you think you will need for a week, and hit the road for 250-350 miles, in one night, in the race car. Then repeat every day like that for the next 4 days. There is nothing that compares to it in the automotive hobby.

Good luck to those going this year. If it's your first time going, it's an adventure of a lifetime, and you are going to meet new friends from around the world.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/29/19 05:01 PM

If things go well, that 250-300 mile drive only takes 8 hours. when things get wonky, you get in to the hotel at 7 in the morning
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/30/19 04:05 AM

Good luck to all that are going I'll be listening on the live feed!

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/30/19 05:24 AM

Half of what made billy stories interesting was stuff that could have been taking care of in the shop ahead of time. That’s were the best stories come from. He even admitted yearly that they started getting ready late every year

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/30/19 05:43 PM

I not ready to hive up but its getting close. Took the car out last night about 10 mile ride. I kept smelling coolant which is weird because has none just water and water wetter. Was running cool like 180. I get home to a constant drip out the collector. Pull the plugs no steam cleaned cylinders. I think the w2s are just ported thin on the exhaust they preasure tested good but. I put some k&w sealer in this morning. It sealed up figured id go for a good ride then to to the track tonight. Well i drove about 30 miles 190* 3000 rpm at 55. I make it about 10 miles home hear a big crunch and no brakes. Had to come home on a tow truck. Looks like the caliper bolts broke or came out. I am kind of happy it happened there and not on the track. I always tell my wife that im going to sell every think and start building ships in bottles not there yet but real close.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/30/19 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by squirrel
If things go well, that 250-300 mile drive only takes 8 hours. when things get wonky, you get in to the hotel at 7 in the morning

Squirrel, you going this year?
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/31/19 12:28 AM

Non-Mopar, but I came across this as I was looking for info on people getting ready for this year......thought it was pretty cool......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNFxcPOhEtk

Needless to say......... I’m ready for some live feeds!!

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/31/19 02:53 AM

I am hoping the "Dirty Drag Week Dart" makes it with its new Twin Turbo Goodwin Hemi

https://www.facebook.com/thedirtydart/videos/201722374108273/

Last I heard they were still wrenching.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/31/19 03:43 AM

Guido will make sure Matt gets it done.You don't mess with the Canadian Chuck Norris.LOL

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/31/19 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dragula

yeah, taking my Chevy II.

Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 08/31/19 01:41 PM

There was one thing about Billy.... he usually had his poo in a group before he left Phoenix for the trip to OK.. now the brothers were a whole nuther deal... laugh2 it’s got to be hard for those guys this year.... such a special time for the whole family.

The spark that has interested me this year is the Miller/Bowers/Shellehamer combo that’s being resurrected from Brads body shop prison Dart and Brett’s W8 mill.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/01/19 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
There was one thing about Billy.... he usually had his poo in a group before he left Phoenix for the trip to OK.. now the brothers were a whole nuther deal... laugh2 it’s got to be hard for those guys this year.... such a special time for the whole family.

The spark that has interested me this year is the Miller/Bowers/Shellehamer combo that’s being resurrected from Brads body shop prison Dart and Brett’s W8 mill.

I had heard there was a Mopar that was going to tear up one of the NA Classes but couldn't find out who. That is a team that can get it done.

The Street Race Small Block NA class is no Joke, I think 9.20s won it last year? Some of Brett's work has already been on the podium in that Class with Paul Corman's awesome Demon in 2017 and maybe earlier, Paul had engine trouble early on last year.

Jason Tabscot won the Street Race Small Block NA Class last year with a 9.29@145 average. I am pretty sure last year was the year his car ate some scoop hardware and he lost compression on a cylinder and just ran it that way the rest of the week.

Super Street Small Block NA was won by Curt Johnson(Most drag week class wins overall) with a 9.11@149 average.

Pics of Jason's Camaro and Paul's Demon

Attached picture 001-Day-4-Hot-Rod-Drag-Week-2018.jpg
Attached picture BBNa1t9.img.jpeg

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/01/19 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Non-Mopar, but I came across this as I was looking for info on people getting ready for this year......thought it was pretty cool......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNFxcPOhEtk

Needless to say......... I’m ready for some live feeds!!

I think this is a time slip from that car

Attached picture 69816447_10211984042194867_4353920034284765184_n.jpg

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/02/19 08:28 PM

With The combination of crunch time and the impending hurricane hitting the area there is a mass exodus of drop outs happening. I know someone that was #189 on the wait list got the email to sign up. I really thought this would be the year that it actually left at a full 400 cars but maybe not? I think think this year has the biggest wait list so it could still be possible for it to get full.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/02/19 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
. ...I know someone that was #189 on the wait list got the email to sign up...

Interesting, I was told that I was between 25 and 100 on the waitlist and have not as of yet received an email offering registration. confused

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/02/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula

yeah, taking my Chevy II.

How come your switching to your Chevy?

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/03/19 12:09 AM

I was really late getting started on working on a lot of stuff I needed to do to the Barracuda, so it's apart and won't get back together in time. I just worked so hard building it last year, I got burned out.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/03/19 12:27 AM

That's one of my favorite cars......It has a ton of potential and you did an awesome job......

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/03/19 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
. ...I know someone that was #189 on the wait list got the email to sign up...

Interesting, I was told that I was between 25 and 100 on the waitlist and have not as of yet received an email offering registration. confused

Well Joel I read it on facebook so it had to be true right? I forget his name right now but he has the really clean green 73 Duster that has gone the last couple of years.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/03/19 02:04 AM

. .

Well Joel I read it on facebook so it had to be true right?
Well, it would have to be true then. realcrazy Maybe they just don't like me. whiney Maybe that guy bribed them. twocents Maybe they lost the list and are just guessing? shruggy I check my inbox and my spam daily, looking for the email. I got the email from them inviting me to the roadkill drags, but not the Drag Week one. I feel like a wallflower bawling

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/03/19 04:13 AM

I tried to find that post of the DW FB page. Send them an e-mail.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/03/19 10:34 AM

He posted that in the participants group, not the drag week group. Said he was #189 and paid up to get in. Several people commented that they had not received emails as well.

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/05/19 03:43 PM

In the trailer, was thinking of stopping at Cecil County on the way by on Sat for TNT. Need more practice on the “big” tire. It’s very tough to overcome muscle memory. Plus it breaks up the trip down.
Posted By: scatpackjim

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/06/19 01:33 PM

Roadkill!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Who's prepping for Drag Week 2019? - 09/06/19 02:51 PM

Maybe I'll make the trek and spectate for a couple days...
I really wanted to participate as this area is my old stomping grounds, but I told myself I wouldn't run again unless I could be competitive for a class win... and I'm not there yet!
© 2024 Moparts Forums