Moparts

rpm activated switch

Posted By: sam64

rpm activated switch - 08/05/19 05:29 PM

What would cause my rpm activated switch to activate twice on the 1 2 shift ? I tried a different rpm chip with no change.thanks,Sam.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: rpm activated switch - 08/05/19 08:26 PM

RMI,EMI, Radio magnetic interference, Electro magnetic interference shruggy(my definitions abrevations(SP?) may be wrong for that problem but bleeding signals into the device is the problem shruggy
Both are caused by ignition wires, pick up, coil feed and spark plug wires, leaking signals into the device work scope
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: rpm activated switch - 08/05/19 08:55 PM

Because you are dropping below the RPM chip when it changes gear - meaning your RPM is falling back and then coming back and triggering again - only thing I can think of other than electrical interference - do you have a time out on that switch so that it can't trigger for a period of time after triggering ??

Re: rpm activated switch - 08/06/19 12:55 AM

the relay is mounted with in 4 inches of rpm switch and shift solenoid,work fine last year and haven't changed anything.

Re: rpm activated switch - 08/06/19 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by DoubleD
Because you are dropping below the RPM chip when it changes gear - meaning your RPM is falling back and then coming back and triggering again - only thing I can think of other than electrical interference - do you have a time out on that switch so that it can't trigger for a period of time after triggering ??
just hooked up as normally open and what ever rpm chip is in.Worked fine last year with 6300chip,swapped to 6500 no change.rpm switch and soleniod are mounted on shifter
© 2024 Moparts Forums