Moparts

cord to steering wheel

Posted By: dragon

cord to steering wheel - 08/04/19 01:10 PM

Does any one make a telephone type cord with 4 wires in it and what size wire is really need for trans brake and burn out. Modes . the cord I got on the car now is pretty heavy duty it was on the car when I got it seems a little big for what it operate. THANKS
Posted By: Stanton

Re: cord to steering wheel - 08/04/19 01:50 PM

Go to a garage sale an buy on old corded phone and use the coiled cord from the handset.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: cord to steering wheel - 08/04/19 06:57 PM

Garage sale? Phone? You ever see how big the wires are in a phone wire?

Biondo and the mail orders have coil cords suitable for use in a race car. 4 conductor would be quite large and heavy. One wonders, why 4? Burn out and transbrake are 2 separate functions. It's common to use two switches, two cords, even different hands for each operation.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: cord to steering wheel - 08/04/19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Garage sale? Phone? You ever see how big the wires are in a phone wire?

Biondo and the mail orders have coil cords suitable for use in a race car. 4 conductor would be quite large and heavy. One wonders, why 4? Burn out and transbrake are 2 separate functions. It's common to use two switches, two cords, even different hands for each operation.
iagree scope
My S/P car came with both buttons in the steering wheel with two cords, left side is the line lock and the right side is the trans brake button up
That works good except when driving down the return road and bump the trans brake button accidently while unstrapping and removing the neck collar realcrazy tsk
I need to not shift it into low before doing that work That would help keep teeth marks out of the face shield in the hat whistling grin
© 2024 Moparts Forums