Moparts

1st time Racing since my wreck June 23

Posted By: pittsburghracer

1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/03/19 06:47 PM

My moms car that I bought from the estate when she passed away in 2009 was rearended June 23 and totaled. Matt has been driving my Duster while I dealt with headaches and blurred vision. I’m finally to the point I wanted to test myself before some big races this month. I took the 90 mile drive to Quaker City and just made my first pass. I won’t post the reaction time but she just ran a nice 6.11@110 mph with a 1.28 sixty foot. Man that felt good to get on the track again. Hopefully I can make it past first round. Lol
Posted By: Leigh

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/03/19 06:59 PM

Good luck!

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/03/19 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Leigh
Good luck!

Thanks. On to second round

Attached picture C76CF958-5F4D-4BCE-9880-3241D138C613.jpeg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/03/19 09:32 PM

Go gittum John! boogie
Posted By: CSK

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/03/19 11:53 PM

Awesome, good to hear you are better.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/04/19 12:50 AM

Good to see you back in the saddle! up
Posted By: tboomer

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/04/19 11:39 AM

Good luck John! We put a load of Sunoco into the old 64 this weekend.... wave

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/04/19 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer

I sure wish you had a driver so you could hit the track a few times before you sold her. I have a hard time going to the track unless I am helping on a team and still get my fingers dirty. I went out third round yesterday when I missed the light on a 4.99 dragster. I fed him the finish line hoping he would do something stupid but he didn’t. Lol. I had a .008 second round so all in all a good day. The heat beat me up some so I gotta start walking my 2-3 miles a day this week.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/04/19 12:03 PM

Don't be surprised if your reaction times are off. It can take a long time to heal fully from a concussion.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/04/19 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by tboomer

I sure wish you had a driver so you could hit the track a few times before you sold her. I have a hard time going to the track unless I am helping on a team and still get my fingers dirty. I went out third round yesterday when I missed the light on a 4.99 dragster. I fed him the finish line hoping he would do something stupid but he didn’t. Lol. I had a .008 second round so all in all a good day. The heat beat me up some so I gotta start walking my 2-3 miles a day this week.

You will get better John..It will take some time. I walk 3-5 miles a day! We have a young gun lined up to maybe make a couple of passes before we sell the car. We have know the family since the mid 70s and they are good hard working people. His brand X runs 10.50s so he won't have a problem with mine. The kid weighs 135# soaking wet and could get mine into the high nines! wave
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/09/19 12:05 PM

Glad you are recovering OK!
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/09/19 12:19 PM

Good to hear you are healing. I had two grandkids suffer concussions and healing does take a while. Good luck with the racing John!
Posted By: moparx

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/09/19 06:06 PM

glad you are back up again ! up
as to your walking, any idea how many "steps" that is ?
i found one of those step measuring things in my "stuff" the other day, and i'm wondering what would be considered normal for my 4-6hr putzing around time i can spend in the garage rearranging "stuff".
beer

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/09/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
glad you are back up again ! up
as to your walking, any idea how many "steps" that is ?
i found one of those step measuring things in my "stuff" the other day, and i'm wondering what would be considered normal for my 4-6hr putzing around time i can spend in the garage rearranging "stuff".
beer

No I checked my gps app on my phone with my car speedometer. Two day race weekend at keystone this weekend and the another 5000.00, 10,000.00, and 5000.00 race at Quaker City in Ohio next weekend. I saw my doctor yesterday and he’s about positive I suffered a concussion. He said I will get an occasional headache for 6-12 months and said don’t get another one. He said it would be harder to recover from.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/10/19 02:17 PM

go take all the bucks ! boogie
beer

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/10/19 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
go take all the bucks ! boogie
beer

I lost 3rd round last week and 3rd round last night. I gotta get myself in better race condition both mentally and physically. One time trial race last night which is fine with me. Good lights till 3rd round when a .040 bit me. Gave it one quick womp on top end and ran a 6.1095 on a 6.11dial. 93% humidity when I lost at 12:10 am.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/10/19 03:03 PM

So have you got a personal injury lawyer yet?

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/10/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by EV2Bird
So have you got a personal injury lawyer yet?

No State Farm has tried to call me a couple of times but we are playing phone tag. Car is going to my buddies place this week so we can tear it down, see what all we need, and put it on the frame machine. My Dodge Diesel is trying to take al my money at 3.40 a gallon. I need my car back
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/11/19 12:22 AM

Good luck on your continued recovery. When I saw the .004 light on your first pass, I thought maybe the trauma turned you into a reaction time savant. laugh
Posted By: Porter67

Re: 1st time Racing since my wreck June 23 - 08/11/19 05:34 PM

Just be careful, head related issues can be random and severe and not worth getting into too big of a hurry.
© 2024 Moparts Forums