Moparts

I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 08:20 PM

The owner drives like a "real winner" LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHzic_Ocxc
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 08:32 PM

I was just watching that on YB , Phucking Demon fuel rails.......If it were me I'd be out of the car with my Fire extinguisher ....
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 08:50 PM

Thats Milan Dragway.. never seen the guys act like that
wave
Posted By: Porter67

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 09:13 PM

No matter what attitude the guy wearing the "Official" shirt liked or didnt like they should of done there job. I cant even write what im really thinking but something like, let my car burn, the F___n whole place would burn.

My car holds 16 gallons and I run it full for weight, what would 16 gallons of fuel poured out right there do if they let it burn that far to get a line burned off?

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ray408G3Hemi
I was just watching that on YB , Phucking Demon fuel rails.......If it were me I'd be out of the car with my Fire extinguisher ....

Theres nothing wrong with the fuel system if it wasnt messed with
wave
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 09:57 PM

I'll give my perspective from a unique standpoint. I used to work at a dragstrip for over 10 years (Ubly Dragway)....Tom Ledford ran the track at the time. I usually worked the burn-out box, and at times the starting line....(Mr. P Body can attest to this) wave Our track team ALWAYS sprang into action IMMEDIATELY if there was a problem with someone's race-car/motorcycle/snowmobile/street car...etc.

I remember one year (2003) we had Mopar's Against the World money race, a '67 Plymouth Belvedere did his burn-out in the box....
as he was shifting into high gear, his 440 EXPLODED all over the ground, kicked out 2 rods IIRC. Chunks of engine block, parts, oil/anti-freeze everywhere. We promptly opened the hood, used an extingisher just in case in the engine bay, cleaned up the mess. Yes, the car owner was helping too! The race resumed about 15 minutes later, after we cleaned it all up. It was like that almost every race day or test n tune days as well. Alot of oil downs, over the years...we never had an attitude towards the responsible party, sh*t happens, and we dealt with it. Often times, an offending racer, who would oil down the track, would buy us a couple cases of cold beer, for our trouble, of cleaning up after his mess! beer

Our crew was always on top of it, and very professional, ask Mr P Body up
This Milan crew...well I'm at a loss for words, and I'll leave it at that. twocents
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 10:35 PM

The crew did not do the best job. My biggest issues with demons is there lack of nhra required safety stuff. As soon as they seen a flame if there was a rear battery disconnect it could have bin shut down alot faster. That would have stoped the fuel or trans fluid from spaying causing alot less damage.
Posted By: dvw

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 10:45 PM

That is my home track. Stop the fire first, argue later. Not good.
Doug
Posted By: Rodenteliminator

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 10:52 PM

I ran there some in the early 80s and they always treated me good but it has changed owners and management a few times since and some of the things I have read don't sound good.
Posted By: steve660

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 10:58 PM

Why didnt the guy open the hood himself?
You spend 80K on a car and just sit there and let it burn....

Yes, the track guy was an ass but owner of car should have done something.

I've had a car catch on fire at the starting line.

I got out, opened the hood, grabbed a fire extinguisher and put it out myself.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/02/19 11:57 PM

The car owner was a typical big mouth douch bag. I would have got the tow rig up there and drug that hunk of [censored] off my track it can burn on its own time. Plus, I'd tell the fat bald dude to never come back.

Screw that mouthy punk.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 12:19 AM

I do agree that the Demon Challenger owner should have acted quickly to help save, HIS OWN FRIGGIN CAR!! Instead...it looks like he just sat in his burning car, acting like he was at a full service gas station, waiting for 6 gas jockey's to attend to him! laugh2 And that everyone else is at fault except for him, because "I'm the rich azzhole with all the coin, and high dollar car". There is blame to go around everywhere, in this situation IMO. work
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY

wave

There 30+ Demons that have caught fire that will disagree with you....and there is one that was set with a flare, but that "family guy" is a known D-bag.
When I bought my Hennessy HPE1000 Demon it was made clear to me that "the Fuel rail issue" would not happen.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 12:34 AM

Isnt there a low pressure cut off for the fuel on the challengers? Dont sound like it.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 12:35 AM

Nobody in that video could possibly have a triple digit IQ. Nobody. That's the most ignorant goat screw I've seen in a long time.

[Linked Image]

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 12:43 AM

wave

There 30+ Demons that have caught fire that will disagree with you....and there is one that was set with a flare, but that "family guy" is a known D-bag.
When I bought my Hennessy HPE1000 Demon it was made clear to me that "the Fuel rail issue" would not happen.

I never heard of a fuel system recall and I worked in the fuel lab for
35 years
wave

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 01:02 AM

That fat driver dude was definitely a mommy's boy. How many NORMAL men would stand there and not walk over to raise your own hood. Maybe he wanted his oil checked too. What a WIMP.
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 01:49 AM

What a weird situation. What about the demon fuel rails causes this? Are Hellcat fuel rails just as vulnerable?
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by madscientist
The car owner was a typical big mouth douch bag. I would have got the tow rig up there and drug that hunk of [censored] off my track it can burn on its own time. Plus, I'd tell the fat bald dude to never come back.

Screw that mouthy punk.

That's the impression I got too, and seemed He was too lazy to get out of the car.

When someone is giving order at their venue you listen. If you don't like it go somewhere else.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 04:47 AM

35 years
wave

.... laugh2 well there was the plastic 3.5 fuel rail (LH) debacle that became a recall. That burned a few down. A few years back we had a few Jeep Wranglers towed in with failed fuel lines at the rail on 3.6 engines, and there’s all sorts of videos etc with them burning.

Nothing surprises me anymore with cars....
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by J_BODY

35 years
wave

.... laugh2 well there was the plastic 3.5 fuel rail (LH) debacle that became a recall. That burned a few down. A few years back we had a few Jeep Wranglers towed in with failed fuel lines at the rail on 3.6 engines, and there’s all sorts of videos etc with them burning.

Nothing surprises me anymore with cars....

Chrysler would call it a "Thermal Event".

Back in 2007 when I was on the 2009 Ram Launch Team I brought up a possible fire problem with the 3.7 V-6 in the Rams and was told that it had to be written up as a "Possible Thermal Event" so the engineers could decide if it was a future assembly line issue.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 01:40 PM

Thanks for posting that video John. Wow there is a whole lot of stupid going on there

Note to self: Thank my local track guys more often
Posted By: moparacer

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 03:03 PM

Someone show him how to do a burnout so maybe next time he doesn't break something coming out of the water. Unfortunately TNT's are infested with types like this nowadays.
Posted By: moparx

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 04:24 PM

i thought the 3 Stooges had passed on to happier hunting grounds, but it looks like there has been a bunch of REAL stooges taking their place[s] ! panic
beer

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 06:25 PM

Track dude needed to take control of the situation. Get the guy out of the car and away from it. Get the fire taken care of. Instead he acts like a dick and no one else steps up to deal with it. He is the #1 jackass in the situation. Track owner/manager needs to get him off the property fast, before he gets the whole operation sued.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 07:04 PM

It seemed like the DEMON driver triggered the situation with his snappy attitude, but I agree, the track official should have made sure that the guy got out safely first and then dealt with the fire. At that point, he could have had the driver thrown out for mouthing off in such a delicate situation.

Both were hot heads that met on the skillet which was hot already and cooler minds did not prevail.

At one point, it seems like the driver wanted the car to burn baby burn so that it could be good footage and up the likes on his instagram followers and allowers.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, a really cool car of our times nearly burnt down at the stake.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Track dude needed to take control of the situation. Get the guy out of the car and away from it. Get the fire taken care of. Instead he acts like a dick and no one else steps up to deal with it. He is the #1 jackass in the situation. Track owner/manager needs to get him off the property fast, before he gets the whole operation sued.

Wrong. The starter should have smashed the driver in the face and THEN let the car burn to the ground on the property. If that bald headed moron wood have talked to me that way, he would have had a face full of fire extinguisher. Then all you guys on here would have been pissed off at the starter, and claim the scungy driver should sue the track.

Screw that dude. He has NO BUSINESS EVER being at another track.

Time to stop defending retards and let assholes have their own ways and suffer the consequences of their own ignorance.

And BTW, where was the track owner or manager? He SHOULd have been down there kicking that bald guys ass.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
It seemed like the DEMON driver triggered the situation with his snappy attitude, but I agree, the track official should have made sure that the guy got out safely first and then dealt with the fire. At that point, he could have had the driver thrown out for mouthing off in such a delicate situation.

Both were hot heads that met on the skillet which was hot already and cooler minds did not prevail.

At one point, it seems like the driver wanted the car to burn baby burn so that it could be good footage and up the likes on his instagram followers and allowers.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, a really cool car of our times nearly burnt down at the stake.

Piss on that car. Let it burn. Right to the ground. Just drag it out of the way. Then document everything, including that video and when the insurance company investigates what happened, the ignorant owner will lose the car. The car doesn't mean a thing. Who cares? Dirt balls like that need their comeuppance.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 09:03 PM

After watching the footage again, it still showed that hot heads prevailed over cool.
A little case of the hi-tech blues was a culprit here as well.

How could a car not shut off with the able body owner/driver in the cockpit?
Too much hi-tech and you have what they call a runaway train. Those cars should come with an exterior "MANUAL" cut off switch just like any one of our much older low tech cars.

I'd be really pissed if I couldn't control a cars ability to shut off especially when there was no violent crash or turn over.

Posted By: tubtar

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/03/19 10:42 PM

This.
Face full of fire extinguisher would make you co-defendant.
The track personnel have one job in this situation , and it has nothing to do with personalities , language , tax bracket of the car owner or misunderstandings.
The car would not shut off apparently.
A fire hose to the air intake would rectify that in a hurry.
But when an emergency situation occurs , safety is now on the front burner.
That track worker should find a new hobby.
And I did that for neigh on a decade in staging and on the line.
There is not enough money involved to call it a job , but you can still behave like a professional.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 01:31 AM

I've done it as well. And when something goes sideways, you jump on it and deal with it NOW. You don't argue with stupid people, you don't stand there and play pocket pool. You get idiots who aren't supposed to be there out of the way and take care of it.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 01:56 AM

What an awful crew at that Track. The most Unprofessional GROUP of Assholes I have seen in a long time. You would have thought someone would have stepped up no matter how frustrated or ignorant the driver was. There was no urgency only arrogance. Sad to see people agree with how the track crew acted or in this case DID NOT act....
Posted By: dvw

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 02:41 AM

These cars generally won't shut off in drive. The trans control module for an 8 speed is internal to the trans. It looks like the trans was the area the fire started. If the TCM was damaged it may have inhibited the engine from being shut off. Either way the track crews first concern should be for participants safety, then to stop the fire. There should never be emotions that over come these duties. Whether the driver was in the wrong or not. I'm not defending the driver either. Hell if that was my car I would've grabbed the extinguisher myself.
Doug
Posted By: topside

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 03:07 AM

If I was a bystander I'd have grabbed an extinguisher. I mean, really ?!
That A-hole Contest messed up not only the car, but the track, and the the other particpants' day.
Track owner needs to fire that crew and put some actual men in their place.
Car owner needs to find a hobby he's capable of doing.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 04:10 AM

If I'm at the track, and an official says I have a fire, my ass is getting out of the car NOW!!!
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
If I'm at the track, and an official says I have a fire, my ass is getting out of the car NOW!!!

THAT x10
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 08:22 PM

This is my home track, from my prospective the A-hole driver is the biggest problem but I also agree that the starter and rest of the track crew should have done what they are there for and get the fire put out instead of letting pride get in the way. To me this is exactly why cars like that SHOULD NOT be available to the general public, just because you can afford it doesn’t mean you can handle the responsibility of driving it. twocents
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 09:18 PM

Not one person there even remotely dressed to open a hood on a burning car.... raced at many tracks that way, and a couple that were very well equipped. Would-a should-a..... fire suppression system.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 09:44 PM

I try to stay in front of safety requirements. I have seen way too often, that these new "Fly by wire" cars will not shut off for any given reason, regardless of gear. I would have a rear mounted override switch in the back, just like NHRA requires. Maybe also, my own fire extinguisher. But I still agree that getting the driver out of the way and putting out the fire should have been primary concerns.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 10:25 PM

So many of these cars have outpaced the rules as far as the basic safety requirements at specific ET breaks. Shields, roll bars & cages, shut off switches, etc. NHRA is doing a balancing act so track operators can let them run.

Just wait until they start wrecking 9 second electric cars. We ain't seen nothing yet.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 11:06 PM

We have always hot rodded old cars and rebuilt to meet track requirements. At one point, they were all production cars, too. Just because the price tag is higher, doesn't make them exempt from safety rules.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/04/19 11:58 PM

Yea youd think tech at the tracks would make the demons have some sort of cutoff, but they probably like the 100k cars at there tracks so why turn them away.

In my youth I raced much more unsafer cars that were slow but still could of caused alot of trouble Fuel/Brake system type issue but even then the tech guys were meh! move on.

I never did but I have see 4 out of 5 wheel studs present skate past tech.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/05/19 03:27 AM

I don't know but I would had a hard time helping the driver. He didn't want to help but he did want to arque with the guy telling him what to do. You cant help someone if they won't help themselves.....

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/05/19 05:12 AM

It just seemed to me that the driver wasn't so much concerned with the car becoming a camp fire for everyone to sit around and tell ghost stories as much as he was on setting a pointless point with the track official who seemed to be confused why he would not shut it off. Circumstantial confusion by both and the right words were not exchanged.

Here is the new age part (OLD vs NEW) in play.
Track officials, old schoolers or new, are PROBABLY not yet up to speed that these .com cars could in SOME cases act differently then their dinosaur predecessors. The track official commanded and then demanded that the car be shut off by what he probably assumed would simply be a turn of the ignition key. Well.... the driver most probably tried to shut it off and then when it would not, the track official thought that the driver was being a smart @$$ about it especially when the he finally got out and confrontational while his car sat there begging for help.

On the other hand, perhaps what ever out of house modifications might have been conducted on this car could have bypassed a safety net and triggered some sought of unexpected electronic gremlin that reared its ugly head at the worst moment with no plan B.

I'm old school and can be totally wrong about this, but it's bazar that a transmission control module/sensor/whatever would presumably render a car unresponsive to a shut down. What kind of shade tree tinkering would do such a thing? If there's no what/if/when answer to that, then a MANUAL cut off switch somewhere on the car should be there on the ready as part of that modification.

Plan B people! always B planning for it.

Here is the emotions part in play.
When someone is in such an expensive and complicated car that acts funny for what ever reason, the situation can arouse the stubbornness in the person driving/racing it that can be really embarrassing on the spot. (Kinda like when you're sitting at the light and everyone is giving you the thumbs up while chanting "Light 'em up" and the car stalls or backfires.) Embarrassing indeed.

Forget about blue painters tape to shield the lower quarter panel paint from rubber flash, I would of tried to save that car from the devil no matter what. A true legend in its own time.

In either case the cars bellyache should have been neutralized much faster by the collaboration of both parties and save everyone a headache.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/05/19 05:37 AM

Whoever the track manager is, who works at Milan....they were asleep at the wheel during this debacle. I kinda doubt any of the "officials" down there on the track surface
was "in charge" of the track and facilities. My track manager, was usually doing more important things, than working the burn-out box, or starting line. The "manager" should have recognized what was happening...taken control of the situation, starting with, telling everyone not with that car, to clear the whole area, then getting the driver out of the way, so the track crew could douse the flames ASAP...Control/put out the fire, then pull/push car off track...clean track surface..resume the day...PERIOD!
Then afterwards, if the driver wanted to argue about it all, and be combative and a DB.. simply say he's not invited back..I saw it, and lived it more than a few times, when I worked at a dragstrip. work
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/05/19 06:00 AM

Pretty hard to come up with a low enough IQ, idiotic discription of the track crew/owner etc. YOU DO YOUR BEST AS OWNER AND CREW TO SAVE WHAT YOU CAN OF THE CUSTOMERS CAR!! Yes, we are racers, but also CUSTOMERS and the idiot owner should be protecting his reputation if nothing else. How many after seeing or even hearing about this cluster f---- will ever come back? What if the driver was seriously hurt and couldn't exit the car? UNBELEIVABLE!!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/06/19 01:43 AM

Typical Milan, both crew and participant.

The guy who runs the tree and the one who runs the lanes are both front and center in the video. They have poor attitudes all of the time, and honestly, they are a main reason I stopped going.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/06/19 07:33 AM

Aside from the playground antics it does not seem like any of the people in that video know much about cars or fire lol. Might as well been waiting on popcorn in the microwave.

In the old days those guys would have pout out the fire, slugged it out for the world to see and then went off to get a beer.

Instead we get lopsided expensive haircuts and skinny jeans. Disgusting. Just the reason why I don't drive any new muscle (even though we have one). I don't associate with "those" people lol. Give me the ratty 60's b body any day. Leave the fancy watch at Franck Muller.
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/06/19 09:45 AM

I have a friend that has one that is modified and runs low 9s. He has no competition license. The car has no trans sheild, no sfi balancer or flywheel, no cage or bar, etc. The car even still has ani freeze in it. I dont think the starter should have walked away with the extinguisher. I also dont thing he should have done any real fire fighting with the cloths he had on. I do wonder if a real fire fighting crew came if everyone would be complaining about how they ruined the car. I 5hink the hood would have bin ripped open with a rescue bar. battery cables cut with shears. Intterior soaked with a hose.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/06/19 06:57 PM

What baffles me is the chucklehead Demon owner. Seems he was more interested in bad ass guy posturing and arguing with the track guys than with his $100K car being on fire.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/06/19 07:59 PM

Reviewing the video and not seeing the driver get out of the car I wonder if he is handicapped and not able to get out and walk up to the front of the car to open the hood work
All in all nobody won in this confrontation, except the camera operator whiney
I don't remember any normal street car insurance policy covering any car in competition on the race track, my special coverage for the race only car doesn't shruggy
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/07/19 04:17 AM

Hope the insurance companies can see this. Neither party should EVER be eligible to insure anything. A$$ clown 🤡 Posse warning.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/07/19 03:57 PM

Great! Now there's going to be another warning label.
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/07/19 09:34 PM

Just my 2 cents.... That track officials number one concern should have been the safety of everyone and the track. If that thing exploded it could have sent shrapnel all over even threw the tower glass. Someone could have gotten really hurt. He could have handle his issues with the driver after words. Now from what I heard the car would not shut off. and that was what the driver was trying to tell him. But he did not seam to be too concerned about his car being on fire. He made no attempt to open hood so the officials could gain access to the fire source. That attitude by the officials at milan have been the norm the last few years from the owner on down. I have heard more people being thrown out of there and more fights then at any other track. rant over . just my 2 cents
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/08/19 01:51 AM

It's not just the high performance stuff that can have "no shut off" issues. My nephew's 2018 GMC 1500 (push button start) decided to stay running one Sunday. I had him pull the fuel pump relay to kill it. Spent a week or so at the dealership.
Posted By: partsforsale

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/12/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by OUTLAWD
Typical Milan, both crew and participant.................they are a main reason I stopped going.

iagree

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/12/19 06:38 PM

This kinda sounds typical of this track from the way several guys are talking. It may be the next track to disappear if the owners don’t care.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/12/19 10:41 PM

As far as the owner’s side of the story, the daughter of the Demon’s owner responded in the YouTube comments:

“For the people in the comments saying the owner of the car has an attitude, he’s my dad and he wasn’t turning the car off because the car WOULDNT TURN OFF. The workers here DID NOT do their job or take the precautionary measures they were suppose to and damages could’ve been minimized if they would’ve helped sooner. Also, the car was on fire you don’t tell someone to open it with their hands, they completely put everyone in danger in this situation.”
I think the takeaway here is if someone is trying to help you extinguish a fire in your burning car, treat them nicely. They’re doing you a pretty big favor.

https://jalopnik.com/dodge-demon-burns-at-race-track-because-everyones-a-dic-1837099595

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/12/19 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by bee1971
As far as the owner’s side of the story, the daughter of the Demon’s owner responded in the YouTube comments:

“For the people in the comments saying the owner of the car has an attitude, he’s my dad and he wasn’t turning the car off because the car WOULDNT TURN OFF. The workers here DID NOT do their job or take the precautionary measures they were suppose to and damages could’ve been minimized if they would’ve helped sooner. Also, the car was on fire you don’t tell someone to open it with their hands, they completely put everyone in danger in this situation.”
I think the takeaway here is if someone is trying to help you extinguish a fire in your burning car, treat them nicely. They’re doing you a pretty big favor.

https://jalopnik.com/dodge-demon-burns-at-race-track-because-everyones-a-dic-1837099595

Well someone has to say this so I will. If that is your father please have someone give him a few track driving lessons and maybe a little training on what should and what shouldn’t be said or done at the race track. He looked kinda out of place at a race track.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/13/19 12:09 AM

At least he didn't let it get out from underneath him and drive it into the wall.

Re: I'm glad this isn't my home track, or car. - 08/13/19 12:11 AM

At least he didn't let it get out from underneath him and drive it into the wall.

He couldn’t get it past the water box. lol 😂
© 2024 Moparts Forums