Moparts

Cleaning racing stuff

Posted By: hemi-itis

Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 12:39 PM

How do you guys clean your racing suits,gloves,neck brace,inside the helmet and shoes?? I searched and found a vid on doing the suit in the washing machine using the Molecule kit. Does dry cleaning damage the fire retardant in any way? How do you clean??? work
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 01:38 PM

Hey Al, the only thing I remember about my single layer jacket was that make sure you close all the velcro strips. If you don’t the velcro will pull at the fabric which makes it fuzzy and the fuzz will burn.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 01:47 PM

Clean it? What is this thing you speak of cleaning?
Posted By: moparx

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 03:10 PM

john force never seemed to clean his driving suit and gear. biggrin
beer
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 03:11 PM

Never never clean anything like that, it's bad luck.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 03:57 PM

My recommendation would be to obtain and follow cleaning instructions from the manufacturer. It should all be cleaned occasionally, if for no other reason than to not look and smell like you're homeless and just crawled out from under a bridge - or arrived from San Francisco.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 04:09 PM

Hand wash and hang dry
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
My recommendation would be to obtain and follow cleaning instructions from the manufacturer. It should all be cleaned occasionally, if for no other reason than to not look and smell like you're homeless and just crawled out from under a bridge - or arrived from San Francisco.

I agree scope
I will have mine cleaned at the end of our racing season in late Sept. this year, it is a SFI 5 three layer pants and jacket, I get hot in it now and the local track has a lot of dirt in the pits whiney
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/25/19 05:28 PM

I throw my single layer fire jacket in the washing machine and then air dry.
I haven't worn my multi-layer pants and jacket but a couple of times, so I haven't washed them yet.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Cleaning racing stuff - 07/26/19 03:37 AM

Was not sure if I could this at home and see that I can......https://competitionmotorsport.com/molecule-complete-racing-garment-care-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuMqj8tLR4wIVhZ-fCh3GrAl5EAQYASABEgLSz_D_BwE

Appears if I dry clean it I would still need the spray on protector....
© 2024 Moparts Forums