Moparts

Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 02:00 PM

http://competitionplus.com/drag-rac...ztAyVg9M4bR-Z0-nFdKbLI0-UvXu3wYSzGmG6Fgo
Posted By: theraif

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 02:57 PM

The individual appeared to be under the influence of something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you think
Posted By: moparx

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 03:05 PM

good grief ! i just hate idiots like that ! mad
beer
Posted By: 1118Steve

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 03:24 PM

I'm hearing both drugs and alcohol. He almost hit a car on the return road. Can you imagine the carnage had he not hit the barrier? I HATE drunks and dopers. I used to be one, haven't had a drink in 20 years. They are responsible for more pain and suffering of innocent people than any other group. Use some self discipline, moron. I hope he's locked up for a long, long time.
Posted By: topside

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 03:37 PM

Never thought such a thing could happen - guy drives head-on the wrong way into the Tree area?!
It's been said that at max intoxication level, people drive toward a light.
I can't imagine how horrible it's be had that idiot continued down a lane, into staging and beyond.
Hopefully the track owner can get a deflective barrier or sand pit placed past the big end so that can't happen again.

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 04:24 PM

Charges filed.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...harges-filed-in-jackson-dragway-incident
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 05:34 PM

How did he get on the track? Was he a racer, a spectator, or from outside?

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel

Not a spectator just a drunk driving across a field and through a ditch. Guess he thought he made it back to the highway. Guess he was wrong.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 05:53 PM

Re read....bad drunk driver
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 06:26 PM

Too bad he wasn't DRT. Lot's of money wasted on Life Flight and ER. Thankful that no one else was hurt or their stuff torn up.
Posted By: Dart451

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 07:48 PM

Assume he was headed south missed the T intersection, went down a drive, thru a field and onto the track

Attached picture dragway.png
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 08:31 PM

There is a track here in Indiana (Crossroads Dragway) where if you don't get your car slowed you end up in the street....only a chain link fence holding you back.... nervous

.... its less than cool....

Attached picture crossroads.PNG
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by FlyFish
There is a track here in Indiana (Crossroads Dragway) where if you don't get your car slowed you end up in the street....only a chain link fence holding you back.... nervous

.... its less than cool....

Thunder Valley in Red Springs, NC, is the same way. A little dirt mound that'll basically just launch you across the 4' chain link fence, small ditch, then across the 2 lane road and into the pine trees, lol.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 08:39 PM

At national trail they actually close a rode down to extend the shutdown when the fuel cars are running. I have raced at lots of tracks and national trail was in my top 2 of bad shut down areas. I am spoiled here at home with 1/2 mile that is uphill.

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 08:39 PM

At Columbus (national trails) they would have guys (security) standing on the road during the nitro classes to stop traffic so cars could fly across the road into a field if they couldn’t get stopped.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 08:44 PM

Oliver faces charges of driving under the influence, eight counts of aggravated assault and open container.
Since it isn`t a public road or highway can he get charged with speeding? They better throw the book at him.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 10:22 PM

Maple Grove. I remember one year, Kenny Bernstein went out the end, across the road, out into the sandbox, on fire.

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/22/19 10:40 PM

A local funny car racer D.A.Santuci in his black magic funny car went off the track at Columbus went he swallowed his gum because of wheel hop, passed out and set the woods or field on fire.

Attached picture AC6BE8DC-F696-40EA-895C-92A605126C8E.jpeg
Attached picture BE86B83A-47AB-414F-B8A8-811CB367FFEF.jpeg
Attached picture 89981AF9-C0E8-42F8-9469-AE0D9E634979.jpeg
Attached picture E2BAB21C-13D9-48D2-80A6-70739D84070D.jpeg
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/23/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Not a spectator just a drunk driving across a field and through a ditch. Guess he thought he made it back to the highway. Guess he was wrong.

While this was the initial report I read later that he was a spectator that drove down the return road to get to the end of the strip. It said he actually had some kids with him (age unknown) who had the smarts to find another way home and had just left.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/23/19 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Maple Grove. I remember one year, Kenny Bernstein went out the end, across the road, out into the sandbox, on fire.

Me thinks that was the year he was accused of having NOS in his fire bottles instead of CO2 after that crash work shruggy
He switch to dragsters shortly after that, if I'm remembering correctly work
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Be careful out there. It's dangerous on those drag strips. - 07/25/19 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

While this was the initial report I read later that he was a spectator that drove down the return road to get to the end of the strip. It said he actually had some kids with him (age unknown) who had the smarts to find another way home and had just left.

supposedly the kids called grandma to come get them
© 2024 Moparts Forums