Moparts

New best ET at Woodburn

Posted By: Cab_Burge

New best ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 04:09 AM

I towed over to Woodburn for the Mopar Nats. this morning, I made three time trails and one round, spun the heck out of the tires on the 1st TT and 1st round against Forest Fincher whiney The 1st TT I had 11.0 lbs. in the tires and it spun so bad on the line it shifted into high at 7250 RPM according to the Biondo 400 box on the play back after the run, it did run 10.088 ET at 148.24 MPH after letting off to recover and making the rest of the run in high gear shock
2nd run I made sure the tires where at 9.0 lbs. and I redlighted with a -.049 light jerking the front tires out of the beams while running 8.866 at 148.33 MPH confused
I change the shift RPM from 7000 RPM up to 7300 RPM and change the trans brake delay from .993 to 1.00. I removed the 7600 RPM chip from the MSD three step which made it run a bunch better the last two hundred feet upThat netted a .037 light with a 8.862 ET at 150.77 MPH, slightly slower MPH than I expected work
I spun the heck out of the tires on the first round due to me not being ready when they called us out which made me hurry with out checking the tires and not doing a good burn out realcrazy whiney
All in all I'm happy with the ET but I need to figure out where this new motor wants to be shifted at and see if there is some power missing due to ignition issues, possibly luck
Posted By: racerx

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 09:32 AM

What's the new combo? and this is in your cuda correct?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 12:07 PM

Always great to get a new bestie! And a bad day at the track is always better than a day at work! boogie

Any pictures Cab?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 01:55 PM

Nice pass, congrats Cab. up
Posted By: markz528

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 06:20 PM

Nice job!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 06:53 PM

Very nice Cab!
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 11:38 PM

Good job Cab! Missed another one here. Life getting in the way of having fun
Posted By: AndyF

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 11:45 PM

8.80 is hauling for a door slammer E body car. Nice looking car too. How much were you asking for the car and did you get any offers on it?

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/22/19 11:50 PM

This motor is a 400 block cast on 8-25-1977 that sonic tested oaky bored to 4.375 with 440 Source aluminum main caps and ARP Main studs with no fill or girdle. 4.300 forged steel stroke crankshaft, Molnar 6.700 long forged steel BB Chevy type H beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts. Diamond pistons with a +8.0 CC effective dome, Indy 440-1 CNC ported heads with 2.25 intake valves s and 1.81 exhaust valves, Jesel paired shaft 1.55 ratio rocker arms, Bullet solid roller cam with 282 @ .050 on both lobes with .457 lobe lift on both lobes, ground on a 108 LSA installed at 104 ILC.
Indy older 400-3 intake with a custom built Holley 1150 CFM Dominator converted to E 85 by AJ at Bob George racing mounted on top of a Wilson Manifold 2.0 inch tall reversion spacer:up
I change the distributor this morning due to the old one causing hard starting, back firing while trying to start it and a lot of other ignition problems, dang Chinese junk anyways rant It took me this long, half the summer racing season, to figure out what was causing these problems blush
I'm hoping the rest of this year will go better luck
This motor had issues with the Mopar brand bronze oil pump drive on the engine dyno in March causing the distributor to wobble around while trying to start it shock
I discovered the original rotor and cap on this new distributor was bad in June after it starting to miss in high gear and the intermittent hard starting has been occurring since day one on this motor work
I hate MURPHY runaway
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/23/19 12:04 AM

Good job Cab. Congratulations on the new best.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/23/19 12:19 AM

Congrats on the new best Cab. I am sure you will work through the details bitting you in the butt.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/23/19 01:20 AM

Congrats on the new best.
That’s a nice running combo.
Cam looks very similar to the old UD 680/280R8

What’s the rest of the car set up like? Weight?

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/23/19 03:42 AM

It is a chrome moly tube chassis with A arm and coil over A arm front suspension with Koni steel single adjustable front shocks, 4 link Dana 60 with Mark Williams 40 spline axles, 4.56 dana Corp gears on a Moser 40 spline steel spool, double adjustable steel rear coil over Koni shocks, Power glide tranny w/Shiftnoid air shifter and throttle controller, 400 Biondo box.
Steel front end that slides off, Fibreglas doors, bumpers, hood and rear deck lid, all Lexan windows except a stock windshield.
I had Forest Fincher update the chassis this past winter to meet 7.50 SFI specs, he had it certified also up
it weighs right at 2800 lbs. wet with me in it.
The Ultra Dyne cam card shows CRB 312/312-08R. Part # 503000.
The car goes straight and repeats time if I do the burn out correctly and make sure the tire pressures are correct whistling blush
I would like to sell this one so I can get the back half 1966 Dart done and start racing it luck
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/23/19 02:03 PM

Well that is good news...congrats!
Posted By: moparx

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/23/19 03:18 PM

good deal cab ! up
beer
Posted By: viperblue72

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/24/19 02:37 AM

Nice job Cab. I was parked right next to you at the trailer, just never got a chance to come say hello. Was a good weekend. smile
I was in the 4 speed class and was trying to watch you guys from my car since we were right after.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/24/19 04:45 AM

Back out in fine fashion Cab! Nice passes!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/24/19 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
............. Bullet solid roller cam with 282 @ .050 on both lobes with .457 lobe lift on both lobes, ground on a 108 LSA installed at 104 ILC....
The Ultra Dyne cam card shows CRB 312/312-08R. Part # 503000.

!Not that it matters! ...but I can't make sense of which cam you're using? I have an older Ultradyne cam list and this cam has ANY PAIRING of the numbers you listed it is not from them. I wonder if the cam wasn't reground by Bullet and the PN is the original grind. Anyway NICE to hear you out having fun and running good!
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/24/19 03:39 PM

I had remembered that as a cataloged cam from UD, but I looked in my old catalog and it’s not there.

Then I remembered the two that I used were just something I had ground.
Only 3 lobes in that lobe family, 296, 308, 312.
The 312 is listed as 280@.050, but since they didn’t use different(bigger OD) masters for the BBM core size, it would grow 2* @.050 from the design spec.

Listed as 312@.020, 280@.050, 201@.200, .4567 lobe lift.

I had really good results with those.

The 311R8 was also quite popular.
Very similar, but slower lobes.
Posted By: WFO

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/26/19 06:26 AM

Damn, I'm definitely coming prepared to stay on Saturday next year. It snuck up on me this year and I was there Friday for the test and tune.

Hey Cab, what is your compression ratio? I love E85 but I've only run it on turbo motors.
Posted By: 383man

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/26/19 02:52 PM

Congrats on the new best Cab ! up Ron

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/26/19 05:08 PM

It is close to 15.0 to one on 7 cylinders and close to 14.5 to 1 due to combustion chamber volume and deck height differences, it is not perfect whiney
I think I will recheck all eight cylinders again to make sure on the true compression ratio confused
EDITED: I recheck all 8 cylinders on the compression ratio on United(KB) web site and it has between 14.56 to 1 lowest with 15.01 as the highest compression ratio due to deck height and combustion chamber volume differences shruggy
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/26/19 06:46 PM

Way to go Cab! You still have it! up
Posted By: WFO

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/26/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
It is close to 15.0 to one on 7 cylinders and close to 13.3 to 1 due to combustion chamber volume and deck height differences, it is not perfect whiney
I think I will recheck all eight cylinders again to make sure on the true compression ratio confused
EDITED: I recheck all 8 cylinders on the compression ratio on United(KB) web site and it has between 14.56 to 1 lowest with 15.01 as the highest compression ratio due to deck height and combustion chamber volume differences shruggy

Wow!

I had no idea that E85 would support that much compression. That's impressive.

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/27/19 04:36 AM

I'm thinking of upping the alcohol percentage to 90+ % to see if it will go faster or not with that mix work
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/29/19 03:02 AM

Good idea to try e98, or the highest you can get. I have been told there is better performance with pure ethanol, but never switched from methanol to see how pure ethanol and methanol compare.
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/29/19 01:19 PM

Cab- Do you have photos of your cars available somewhere??

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/29/19 03:09 PM

I do, but I don't know how to put them on here whiney
Posted By: BradH

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/29/19 05:25 PM

Sorry for being late to the party. That car's haulin' a$$!
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/30/19 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by gregsdart
Good idea to try e98, or the highest you can get. I have been told there is better performance with pure ethanol, but never switched from methanol to see how pure ethanol and methanol compare.

Cab, big congrats on the new best. That's hauling the mail with a stock block build😁
Back to the ethanol; it lands somewhere between race gas and methanol for power produced. Best thing though is if you can buy it directly from an ethanol plant? Never done it, but have been told some plants will sell it that way if you bring your own barrel. Then you know exactly what you have. Mix in 1 at Klotz and you are good to go!
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: New best ET at Woodburn - 07/30/19 11:47 AM

Good to hear you're back at it.. I would imagine once it's all sorted out it's going to be fun
Posted By: Forest

Re: New bset ET at Woodburn - 07/30/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS
Cab- Do you have photos of your cars available somewhere??

I have this one...no action shots from Woodburn though...
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums