Moparts

electric fans

Posted By: mcat4321

electric fans - 07/13/19 03:59 PM

what is the best!12 inch puller fans(i need 2) i dont care cost or amp draw, i need massive air movement . at idle or in traffic , my fans wont pull enough air through the radiator , a/c condenser, and inner cooler.. at speed, im fine. im at 180ish driving.230ish in traffic
Posted By: Jerry

Re: electric fans - 07/13/19 04:28 PM

look around and find the ones that have the most amp draw. that will be your best bet and measure of air flow.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: electric fans - 07/13/19 05:07 PM

Derale
They make a nice twin fan setup that moves air.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: electric fans - 07/13/19 05:43 PM

An electric will come with a shroud, but it won't match your exposed radiator core.
Modify and/or extend it until it does. Any air striking the grill should only enter the core, and all air passing through the core must go through the shroud.
Posted By: moparx

Re: electric fans - 07/13/19 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by polyspheric
An electric will come with a shroud, but it won't match your exposed radiator core.
Modify and/or extend it until it does. Any air striking the grill should only enter the core, and all air passing through the core must go through the shroud.

absolutely ! ^^^^ and with that said, look at using OEM type fans only. they are WAY more robust, and pull WAY more air than any aftermarket fan, no matter what the aftermarket manufacturer claims.
as was also mentioned, those [OEM] fans with the most required amps to run, will require your wiring system be able to handle the current draw required.
beer
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: electric fans - 07/13/19 06:42 PM

Seems I remember A body guys using Chevy HHR fans.... Chrysler minivan fit my Mirada nicely
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: electric fans - 07/14/19 01:47 AM

An HHR wouldnt clear the water pump in my Duster with a Champion radiator, but a lot of people use them. A 2009 Challenger dual fan did fit with some decent trimming around the back of the fans/supports to squeeze it in there. That one did fit pretty well on a 26" radiator also.1990's Volvo 740, 850 or 950 2 speed fans move tons of air and amps if you want to build a shroud.
Posted By: carter

Re: electric fans - 07/14/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by j.mcconnell
1990's Volvo 740, 850 or 950 2 speed fans move tons of air and amps if you want to build a shroud.

This! And don't forget to take the 2-speed relay sitting next to the fan. wrench
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: electric fans - 07/14/19 01:21 PM

Late 90's Ford Contour V6 dual fans fit a 26" radiator quite nicely and have no problem cooling my 512.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: electric fans - 07/14/19 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by MarkM
Late 90's Ford Contour V6 dual fans fit a 26" radiator quite nicely and have no problem cooling my 512.

same one I use works good and is only 3.3 inches thick

Attached picture 2811533-1__ra_p.jpg
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: electric fans - 07/15/19 01:37 PM

I used to have a dual fan built into a shroud that I had to use as a pusher.It worked,,,,,,ok untill one day the 140+ mph hitting the fan made it centrifugally EXPLODE! I replaced it with a single Spal fan and used the two feeds off the 2 relays to feed it.I had one relay for each of the duals in case one cripped out I could still make it home,,,,well it turned out the spal fan is a multi speed as when I hit the 2nd switch the fan sped up boogie

Attached picture 2.20.18 027.jpg
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: electric fans - 07/15/19 03:26 PM

P5007266 from your dodge dealer. It's the electric fan/shroud module for a 2003 dodge Viper if I'm not mistaken. It's what I have on my cuda. It has two speed settings and I swear the faster one will pull the car forward, lol. It does draw a bunch of amps, but it works great. Not expensive either, at least it wasn't when a friend that works at the dealer got me one about 10 years ago.
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: electric fans - 07/15/19 08:00 PM

I'm currently working with Wizard Cooling to take their 1970-73 26" B/B MOPAR APPLICATIONS ALUMINUM RADIATOR SKU = 375-100 (with the 1.25" tube upgrade) https://wizardcooling.com/1970-73-26-b-b-mopar-applications-aluminum-radiator/ and have them mount the Mercedes C class fan with Micro Autonomations Fan Speed Controller http://www.ma-uav.com/FanControllerv3.html

The Mercedes shroud completely covers the 26" rad core, it's PWM controlled and it moves an incredible amount of air. I've been researching the optimal electric fan cooling system for my 'Cuda and to me, this makes the most sense and fits into the space in my engine bay.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: electric fans - 07/16/19 06:46 PM

Make sure your fan has the spill rings in it.. much better fan(spill ring
is the outer ring which makes the fan much more efficient)
wave
Posted By: moparjack44

Re: electric fans - 07/17/19 07:25 PM

Looks like it would work, but you would have to be a rocket scientist to figure how to wire, using these videos. Way over the head of this simple man? shruggy
Posted By: gregcharger72

Re: electric fans - 07/18/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by rumblefish72
I'm currently working with Wizard Cooling to take their 1970-73 26" B/B MOPAR APPLICATIONS ALUMINUM RADIATOR SKU = 375-100 (with the 1.25" tube upgrade) https://wizardcooling.com/1970-73-26-b-b-mopar-applications-aluminum-radiator/ and have them mount the Mercedes C class fan with Micro Autonomations Fan Speed Controller http://www.ma-uav.com/FanControllerv3.html

The Mercedes shroud completely covers the 26" rad core, it's PWM controlled and it moves an incredible amount of air. I've been researching the optimal electric fan cooling system for my 'Cuda and to me, this makes the most sense and fits into the space in my engine bay.

I have the Mercedes fan on my big block powered 72 charger using the above mentioned controller and it works great. Even in traffic the temp never goes above 190. The fan fits very nicely on a 26" radiator
© 2024 Moparts Forums