Moparts

Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week

Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/21/19 08:43 PM

At the Drag week spin-off, RMRW, Troy Clark crashed hard in his Model A Coupe, rolling 6 times. Troy walked away. This is why the safety equipment is so important. Please Moparts friends, don't scrimp on safety equipment! Best wishes to Troy in picking up the pieces and moving forward.

https://youtu.be/y05NUICSM3w?t=543

https://1320video.com/hes-lucky-to-...MK1dsaJWmnGPUWiix3-j9qXc7WVsqHIqstr4zEfs
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/21/19 09:14 PM

Unprepared outlaw track, spin the tires unload the suspension and then get back in it. Recipe for disaster. Glad he wasn't hurt and I hope he learns a lesson from it. The real moral of the story is, don't get back on it, it's already done, you ain't John Force.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/21/19 09:50 PM

If that track had a guardrail, do you think he would have been better off or worse off?
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/21/19 10:22 PM

One of my favorite cars. I really want to build something like his car. Sad
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 12:42 AM

Vid leaves lots of questions:

Why did he get back in it?
Was the track prepped?
Was that car on drag radials?
Were other folks having similar issues?
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 01:23 AM

Short wheelbase. High center of gravity. Twin hair dryers. Still in the throttle sideways in the other lane. Ugly. Could have been worse. Could have been spectators or other people where that rearend finally landed.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Unprepared outlaw track, spin the tires unload the suspension and then get back in it. Recipe for disaster. Glad he wasn't hurt and I hope he learns a lesson from it. The real moral of the story is, don't get back on it, it's already done, you ain't John Force.

I am not sure the wall would have made this better? I saw a good after picture of the core. While it was torn up it was very intact, he built himself a safe race car and it probably saved his life.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
If that track had a guardrail, do you think he would have been better off or worse off?

I think that may have saved him. Had there been a guardrail or wall it might have been really ugly.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 02:26 PM

Thaxs for sharing that up been following this on youtube, they have a few fast women there.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 03:58 PM

Watching vids on youtube, that track was very sketchy... the track before there were cracks with grass growing in the lanes. I don't know who picks these tracks for this event.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver70
Watching vids on youtube, that track was very sketchy... the track before there were cracks with grass growing in the lanes. I don't know who picks these tracks for this event.

Kearny and Julesburg both have nostalgia events coming up. I had planned on at least attending Kearny but after seeing the track with the grass growing in the right lane and boards not working at the big end, I'm gonna pass!
Posted By: ksj

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/22/19 10:26 PM

He was actually in the good lane.Track was prepped and it is the oldest active sanctioned NHRA track in the Nation.The girl in the G8 did a great job of getting stopped.They have three turnoffs. I missed seeing the first one.Saw the second one and thought I had two more chances.LOL. At the very last turnoff you can see where they have an airplane painted on the asphalt and a sign that says "Too Late".
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/23/19 03:15 AM

Isn’t it odd to anyone that there are FOUR DIFF VIDEO views of this one run ?

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/23/19 03:38 AM

1320 Video covers this event. They have covered DragWeek since 2006. They had at least six people covering this event. Not odd at all to those that know Kyles work. Jerico,Hemi Joel etc know his work.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/23/19 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by ksj
1320 Video covers this event. They have covered DragWeek since 2006. They had at least six people covering this event. Not odd at all to those that know Kyles work. Jerico,Hemi Joel etc know his work.

That splains THAT ! ... PERISH my other thought!

Re: Drag Weeker crashes at Rocky Mountain Race Week - 06/23/19 05:26 PM

All I saw was the rear end taking flight.
© 2024 Moparts Forums