Moparts

Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ??

Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/16/19 02:42 AM

Hi guys tell me about your Experiences and adjusting

Mopar are no car
Posted By: GY3

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/16/19 03:41 AM

I bought some lightly used 3 way adjustable CE's. I put them on the 90/10 setting and leave them there all the time street or strip. They seem to work fine for my level of performance.

As I recall they were a little confusing on the adjustment markings and opposite of what they should have been. work
Posted By: Belvedere1

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/16/19 05:00 AM

I run these too but have never been clear on how to set for 90/10.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/16/19 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by GY3
I bought some lightly used 3 way adjustable CE's. I put them on the 90/10 setting and leave them there all the time street or strip. They seem to work fine for my level of performance.

As I recall they were a little confusing on the adjustment markings and opposite of what they should have been. work

Same for me as I put them on the 90/10 setting and leave them there. And mine is a street/strip car also. Drives and handles fine. And works ok at the track. Ron
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/16/19 01:42 PM

Same set up here. Got a pair for $10(yes $10) at the Indy swap meet a few years back. One wouldn't adjust, but was set on 90/10, so I set the other one there and it works fine. Better than the old "loose" stock shocks I had on there before.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/16/19 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 67_Satellite
Same set up here. Got a pair for $10(yes $10) at the Indy swap meet a few years back. One wouldn't adjust, but was set on 90/10, so I set the other one there and it works fine. Better than the old "loose" stock shocks I had on there before.

I sold a set that were on my car for>10 Year’s for $10 not too long ago. Internet deal, not the ones you bought. Ya! Pain in the butt to adjust. Set them on 90/10 and left them that way.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/16/19 10:49 PM

I've used several different sets on different A boy Mopar, BB and SB, automatics and stick shift.
They all worked okay BUT if your going to make big HP with marginal traction then you will need a better set of front shocks like the Koni SPA or better up twocents
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/17/19 01:16 PM

Never cared for them. Always seemed real stiff and never could get them to adjust to the 90/10 setting...don't think so anyway.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/17/19 02:37 PM

They worked fine on my car for years, but that was on a 3800# car running 11s - 12s.
I never had an issue with adjusting them. twocents
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/17/19 03:13 PM

It is tricky adjusting them.
I ran them on all 4 corners of a S/S spring 9 sec A body for years. Worked great
Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/17/19 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by B3422W5
I ran them on all 4 corners of a S/S spring 9 sec A body for years. Worked great

Do you remember what you adjusted the backs to?
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/17/19 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RAY1969CARS

I remember with the S/S springs i had the back left the loosest and back right tighter
40/60 back left, 50/50 back right. Never used the tightest setting
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Competition engineering drag shocks? How do you like them ?? - 06/18/19 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by RAY1969CARS

I remember with the S/S springs i had the back left the loosest and back right tighter
40/60 back left, 50/50 back right. Never used the tightest setting

The timing on this is impeccable, I just bought a set of fronts and rears off a member, got the tracking info today. Thanks to the OP for asking about them so I can learn the ins and outs as well. beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums