Moparts

Comp cams 8921-16 lifters

Posted By: 9secondsatellite

Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 06/08/19 06:03 PM

Does anyone know if comp cams fixed their previous issues with these? have a set dated 11/21/18 and not sure these are worth the trouble. going in a 383 block and lobe lift is .366, open spring pressure at 365lbs.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 06/08/19 08:27 PM

What was the issue? Cannot say I have seen that but if there was I can look into it.
Todd
Posted By: 9secondsatellite

Re: Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 06/08/19 09:20 PM

hi ya Todd! plungers sticking down/collapsed and exposed oil feed hole after a certain lobe lift.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 06/09/19 06:31 AM

I can look into that. Cannot say I have had that happen but sounds possible. Might have been valve float issue that caused the plunger to bottom out. Not enough valve spring.
Todd
Posted By: FACuda

Re: Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 03/10/21 11:08 PM

I just installed mine and i was adjusting the Valve lash and i noticed two of the rocker screws were at different lengths so I pulled everything apart and noticed the plungers were collapsed. These were brand new that i bought in 2018 and have been sitting in the unopened box until i was ready to build my Engine. I called COMP CAMS on the issue and the Tech rep said they do not warranty the lister after a year with no exceptions and I explain they were brand new and only the valve lash was being performed ( No luck).

I also asked if they could rebuild them and again no luck and then asked for the parts for me to rebuild them and the COMP rep said they do not offer them and i would have to buy a new set of Lifters, So my stance is i will never purchase another product from COMP CAMS as they will not correct this issue and they passed the problem to the buyer. $600 in the hole.

I am very disappointed with this company as I have used them for years with no issues, Not anymore.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 03/11/21 01:53 AM

I would order a new set and try them, if they work good send the old ones back and stop payment on your credit card up twocents scope
Comp Cams, along with a lot of other performance companies got bought out by big investor companies that are only interested in making money off of them whiney
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 03/11/21 01:26 PM

Was watching one of Uncle Tony's videos and he had an issue with lifters. When he took it apart it was obvious it had been previously installed and returned. In your case I'd take that one apart and see what's inside. Its possibly a simple fix with no parts required. Next option would be to buy a new set and return the current set on the new invoice.
Posted By: B1duster

Re: Comp cams 8921-16 lifters - 03/17/21 01:11 PM

Why not just buy a pair ?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-8921-2
© 2024 Moparts Forums