Moparts

Miller Time Intake

Posted By: WHITEDART

Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 08:03 PM

Dang

Attached picture 75900.jpeg
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 09:45 PM

Are you putting this on your current motor or the new 1? I'm curious the results to your current manifold. What did the old manifold weigh? These are a sweet piece.

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 10:39 PM

Believe a full size spray can fits in the bottom sawzall.. Brett Miller really got after it.. this intake is going on the new motor. Which will be smaller in displacement and bigger everything else.. the other motor will stay together.. it has been a long journey Gathering parts and pieces for several years..

Attached picture 75910.jpeg
Attached picture 75935.jpeg
Posted By: BradH

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 10:54 PM

Ummmm.... wow. eek
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 10:55 PM

This is going on a Ritter block isn't it????

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 10:59 PM

No sir on a 9 inch deck R3...
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by WHITEDART

3.79 crank?

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/05/19 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by B3422W5

3.79 crank?
yes
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 12:10 AM

Is that a shear plate on top of the manifold?
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 12:25 AM

I wonder if this intake would make as much power as a sheetmetal intake with 2 dominators?
I'd like to try it out.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Sammy
I wonder if this intake would make as much power as a sheetmetal intake with 2 dominators?
I'd like to try it out.

I will tell you all rules comities that ponder these things would say NO. Most all carry weight for another carb and sheet metal intake. Now the definition of what constitutes a sheet metal intake, now there is a can of worms....
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 12:49 AM

Brett’s intake is a trick piece for sure up
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 12:56 AM

Was it cut in half and welded back together? Bet the carb will weigh more than the intake.

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by RMCHRGR
Was it cut in half and welded back together? Bet the carb will weigh more than the intake.
. No this is the new casting that Brett Miller has design.. part number 420 .2.

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Originally Posted by Sammy
I'd like to try it out.

I will tell you all rules comities that ponder these things would say NO. Most all carry weight for another carb and sheet metal intake. Now the definition of what constitutes a sheet metal intake, now there is a can of worms....
it's not going to make the exact same power as a sheet metal with two carburetors... however it's starting to get close.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 01:35 AM

Nice looking piece! drool
Posted By: WFO

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/06/19 04:12 AM

Yikes.
Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/07/19 02:44 AM

That’s bad ass bro !!!! Can’t wait to see it at the Xmas show
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/07/19 02:56 AM

Nice!!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/07/19 01:28 PM

shock Now that is an intake!

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/07/19 05:41 PM

[/quote] it's not going to make the exact same power as a sheet metal with two carburetors... however it's starting to get close.

Then you need a better sheet metal 2x4 smile

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/07/19 06:41 PM

it's not going to make the exact same power as a sheet metal with two carburetors... however it's starting to get close.

Then you need a better sheet metal 2x4 smile [/quote] . . How much weight does the sheet metal have to carry over a cast.. and I was referring to close as in the vicinity.. shruggy

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/07/19 08:33 PM

Sheet metal intakes where we run is a 5% penalty. That is 5% of the engine size in pounds. So for your car IF you ran NMCA rules it would be 22lbs I believe. Some of which would be the weight of the additional carb and lines, I'd bet the intakes are pretty close.

Now define what a "cast" intake is first smile

I could be wrong but under the NMCSA rules with your current combo you will be 2928lbs? Unless I missed something.

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/08/19 12:02 AM

11lb 11oz yup intake is . A couple pounds lighter drive

Attached picture Screenshot_20190607-165856_Gallery.jpg
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/10/19 02:04 PM

That manifold looks awesome! And huge!

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/10/19 02:53 PM

Sheet metal intakes where we run is a 5% penalty. That is 5% of the engine size in pounds. So for your car IF you ran NMCA rules it would be 22lbs I believe. Some of which would be the weight of the additional carb and lines, I'd bet the intakes are pretty close.

Now define what a "cast" intake is first smile

I could be wrong but under the NMCSA rules with your current combo you will be 2928lbs? Unless I missed something.
. 439 cubic inch base weight 2714 -50 lb for tier 2 body.. + 44 lb cat two head..2708.ish . Unless I read something wrong there used to be a weight deduct for two speed transmissions.. but I did not see it

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/10/19 05:36 PM

Yeah I must have had fat fingers on my phone calculator. If I even would have looked at that number a little closer I probably would have realized it was wrong smile Yep no more weight deduct for a glide, you get the honor of running the same weight with a glide or a clutch and 5 speed. Don't need to tell you which is faster smile I also forgot they did away with the penalty for the dry sump as well. 2708 is a bit lighter than we are but IMO puts you on the lighter end of things. If you were to build a smaller bullet you could get way down there with the two guys tearing it up this year. With their "3/4" chassis and clutches, one even has a 4 link, no penalty either. Things definitely need to be looked at and a decision made as to what direction we go. Seems they are leaning toward the "Jr Pro Stock" type car these days. Which I am sure is the direction it is headed.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Miller Time Intake - 06/11/19 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
That manifold looks awesome! And huge!

iagree....and it's purity , it going to be interesting on the new combo.
© 2024 Moparts Forums