Moparts

Indy 600-13

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 01:27 AM

Does anyone here run a 600-13 Indy headed engine? Just curious what all combos are out there. Not sure its enough cylinder head for the 4.84, potential 4.600" bore deal. TO bad we cannot get a Predator head in that configuration(as well as a better valve angle). Just curious let here what if anything is out there being run by moparts members.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 01:42 AM

I wish I had the budget for that....And I wish there were more Mopar options out there....Whatcha thinking of building there?
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 03:12 AM

You should talk to Clinton .
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by a493demon
You should talk to Clinton .

iagree and also have a discussion with Best Machine!!
Posted By: dvw

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 09:37 AM

Mike Sanders did some development with Todd Goodwin. I believe some of his stuff went to Clinton. Supposedly there was to be an updated casting.
Doug
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 10:38 AM

Isn't there a 600-13X casting out there, also? There is also a B1TS head for the 4.84 bore center.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 11:32 AM

What Todd Marsh told me about them is "while they make good power but, are thin castings and have respective problems" Maybe call Todd Goodwin about 'new' castings?
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 02:30 PM

Cannot give any advise on the Goodwin deal/castings but if you want AL just call me whenever.
Todd

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 04:08 PM

I guess the "thin casting" part is why most seem to be on 655's then. Need the cubes to make up for the inadequate head. I am just musing and wondering. I know about Mike Sanders/Clintons deal. For what I understand there were only two sets of heads out there but I could be wrong there. Talked to Mike about his at an NMCA race some. I know of some of this stuff out there for sale but my experience with them is somewhat limited to helping a Canadian buddy who has a 655 with these heads. FWIW my junker is faster than his deal even though he has 50 cubes on me. Just curious what the potential might be.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 04:52 PM

C'mon, Al... everybody on Moparts knows ya' can't beat a set of Muscle Motors-ported Stage VI heads and an MP .590 cam! We've so moved on from template-ported 906s and .509s... tonguue

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 08:10 PM

Well Brad I am at the point of moving on completely from Mopar stuff for racing. The block issues are killing me for one, as in you cannot seem to get one, at least in a timely manor. We are not getting younger. I have decided to give my Predator deal one more year as we need to change some stuff in it to see its true potential. But Im here to tell ya there is NOT anyway it will see anything near 1300hp! Being an NA guy my options are limited. For my car I am looing for a 5" bore space deal for the future if I keep trying TS. For my sons car we were waiting for a block and have now moved on. Just looking to see if there is something I have overlooked with the 600-13 deal on a 4.84" BS block before I throw in the towel completely. We don't have a bracket race again locally til September so something will be in the car by then...
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 09:03 PM

Al,

Didn't you at one time run a Goodwin Hemi or a Hemi 99? My understanding is the Goodwin stuff is not limited to the 4.8 bore space, but his web site leaves a bit to be desired....

It will sad to see you switch, but to go bigger currently, there isn't much in a Mopar offered.

1700hp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ003tk2KdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AZy1sP4B34

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 09:28 PM

I have already run a 99 Hemi and been around some others. From my perspective I just don't have any desire to go back there. Ro run with the big dogs in TS you will need to lean on it a bit and they can get a tad maintenance heavy then. The Goodwin stuff, have a buddy with one and it runs ehh..Price is the issue there. For the cost of even a used one I can go to another style 5" deal and be $$$ ahead..I have been over this time and time again in my head. Talked to Dave Kramer about a 99 deal already as well. But having been there done that I will pass, but he has a LOT of stuff they are willing to sell CHEAP!

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Well Brad I am at the point of moving on completely from Mopar stuff for racing. The block issues are killing me for one, as in you cannot seem to get one, at least in a timely manor. We are not getting younger. I have decided to give my Predator deal one more year as we need to change some stuff in it to see its true potential. But Im here to tell ya there is NOT anyway it will see anything near 1300hp! Being an NA guy my options are limited. For my car I am looing for a 5" bore space deal for the future if I keep trying TS. For my sons car we were waiting for a block and have now moved on. Just looking to see if there is something I have overlooked with the 600-13 deal on a 4.84" BS block before I throw in the towel completely. We don't have a bracket race again locally til September so something will be in the car by then...

If I were in your shoes (not going to happen at this point in my life), I'd put whatever ran the number under the hood and just make sure to put a Mopar Performance sticker on the car somewhere for the "purists". whistling

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 09:38 PM

Brad do you think a Cowl hood would be ok smile Heck I run a Predator in the Stratus now, most people think its a chevy and have no idea what the car is anyway smile

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 10:14 PM

I'm only half-kidding when I say one day people may look under the hood of The MoPig and find an LS7-type stroker looking back at 'em. wink

Oh, major apology for never haven gotten my sh!t together to have met up w/ you while you were living back here. Sometimes life gets in the way of... life. spank
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/29/19 10:18 PM

Monte Smith used to tell me all of the time that it's all aftermarket anyway and Mopar isn't paying you run their stuff so get over it! Obviously I haven't taken his advice yet.

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/30/19 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Plumb Wired
Monte Smith used to tell me all of the time that it's all aftermarket anyway and Mopar isn't paying you run their stuff so get over it! Obviously I haven't taken his advice yet.

You and me both...At least you are smarter than me and using pressurization..
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/30/19 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Plumb Wired

You and me both...At least you are smarter than me and using pressurization..
. I have an idea why don't you put a big block. All aftermarket chitrowlet in it... And will tell everybody it's an aftermarket Chrysler with Predator heads... I understand the reasoning behind keeping your deal what it is but the Pipe Rack come on I vote shitolay for the win.... drive
Posted By: RoseRacing

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/30/19 02:03 AM

Al,
We run the 600-13 heads on our motor in our dragster.
Motor was done by Best Machine about 4 years ago.
At that time we got the latest design 600-13 head that Indy just redesigned.
Motor is all alum Indy spread bore / raised cam block. 622 CI
Have had no problems with heads.
You are welcome to call me.

seven 1 two 2 five 3 four 1 nine 0

Chuck

/
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/30/19 01:12 PM

Moving to a GM based platform in top sportsman is almost the no-brainer these days - especially when you can buy a complete 1325HP - 632 for around 37K or so carb to pan - at some point beating your head against the wall hurts! I got a close look at the version -2 of the 600-13 heads that Sanders had done and the all of extensive welding and custom machine work that went into them - they were exceptional and unique pieces ! - the real kicker is you can get a set of equally prepared GM based heads that will out perform them for probably less than half the cost. Then again what runs in top sportsman in division 3 - seems you need 1600+ hp just to qualify into the field.

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/30/19 04:49 PM

If I lived in D3 a mopar would not even be a consideration, well unless it was a blown hemi. I would say 16-1700 would be what it would take to make sure you can get in most races. Then again if I was living in D3 area I would have more money to spend on it as the cost of living in many of those areas is significantly lower than out here. In the end the dragster is just a bracket car and occasionally S/C. Kid cannot go faster than 7.50 anyway so don't take a rocket scientist and tons of power to do that. We can slow it down to run 7.50ish and let it eat of the stop.

My car is another animal all together and it will have a 5" deal in it eventually if I continue to try and run TS. I just need a Superman deal at a Clark Kent price. Or sell off this deal and move on to something else.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/30/19 11:00 PM

If I lived in D3 a mopar would not even be a consideration, well unless it was a blown hemi.

Now you're talkin'! Hebron, like Fontuckey, only had 22-23 cars. Div. 3 race two, 6.749 bump. Go race in D-6, they're lucky to get 20 cars...T/D is on another planet compared to T/S.
Posted By: cuda499

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/31/19 09:01 PM

I have already run a 99 Hemi and been around some others. From my perspective I just don't have any desire to go back there. Ro run with the big dogs in TS you will need to lean on it a bit and they can get a tad maintenance heavy then. The Goodwin stuff, have a buddy with one and it runs ehh..Price is the issue there. For the cost of even a used one I can go to another style 5" deal and be $$$ ahead..I have been over this time and time again in my head. Talked to Dave Kramer about a 99 deal already as well. But having been there done that I will pass, but he has a LOT of stuff they are willing to sell CHEAP!

Goodwin would run a lot harder in a 2200 lb prostock car with a 5 speed..... why don't you send that car up here and ill show you have fast it can go

600-13 stuff didn't really take off for a reason lol...

Re: Indy 600-13 - 05/31/19 09:49 PM

Yep we are SLOW.....Someday I will get to run it in sea level air, or at least somewhat a barometer and see what it can do that way. So far here in Vegas in less that stellar air we have been 4.70 and 7.40's, but that was a 90 degree day with less than adequate track conditions. Gotta love running when the barometer is in the 27's, hard to make power and go fast that way.

BTW there are a few of those Goodwin motors in D3 in ex Pro Stock cars. The results are out there.

As for the 600-13 stuff not taking off. No doubt, you are married to a block that not everyone loves and it is the only head that works on it. But there are a couple of them at least that run pretty hard. My buddy from Edmonton has a 655 in his Stratus. Cars are about 30lbs apart and I am about a tenth faster. But then again I aint looking to put one in my car. If someone would sell me their Goodwin that just is a garage queen I could show him how well it would run with a GLIDE....
Posted By: cuda499

Re: Indy 600-13 - 06/03/19 09:04 PM

Yep we are SLOW.....Someday I will get to run it in sea level air, or at least somewhat a barometer and see what it can do that way. So far here in Vegas in less that stellar air we have been 4.70 and 7.40's, but that was a 90 degree day with less than adequate track conditions. Gotta love running when the barometer is in the 27's, hard to make power and go fast that way.

BTW there are a few of those Goodwin motors in D3 in ex Pro Stock cars. The results are out there.

As for the 600-13 stuff not taking off. No doubt, you are married to a block that not everyone loves and it is the only head that works on it. But there are a couple of them at least that run pretty hard. My buddy from Edmonton has a 655 in his Stratus. Cars are about 30lbs apart and I am about a tenth faster. But then again I aint looking to put one in my car. If someone would sell me their Goodwin that just is a garage queen I could show him how well it would run with a GLIDE....

Goodwin will be running the next two weekends straight...…. without a dial in on the window too~ Garage queen????? wasn't there moss growing on that car when you took it out for the first time in fall?

Re: Indy 600-13 - 06/03/19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by cuda499

Goodwin will be running the next two weekends straight...…. without a dial in on the window too~ Garage queen????? wasn't there moss growing on that car when you took it out for the first time in fall?

You mean while we were finishing up a total rebuild of it and living on two coasts at the same time. Is that what you are talking about, I'm confused wink
© 2024 Moparts Forums