Moparts

“Off season” maintenance

Posted By: J_BODY

“Off season” maintenance - 05/21/19 01:37 PM

After 20 years I’m changing all the fuel lines. While the dual feed frame m the cell was braided to the pump. The line from the pump to the regulator was that “roll-O-aluminum” diy stuff that I’ve never been a huge fan of.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: “Off season” maintenance - 05/21/19 02:06 PM

I have a brand new roll of the stuff here for the new car, but after reading the horror stories, I'm going to the tried and true braided stuff.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: “Off season” maintenance - 05/21/19 02:22 PM

I made my list of off season service in December, then I waited until the season pretty much started to make a move on it. In just 5000 or so miles my W2s were showing big signs of unleaded fuel with several leaky exhaust seats that were beat up pretty good, a broken roller lifter, and a thrashed timing chain. Other than putting the intake on, and putting it in the car I have done most of the work, not sure when i will get around to doing more.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: “Off season” maintenance - 05/21/19 03:19 PM

Motor is done, fresh converter, new fuel pump, have all the stuff to freshen up the trans. Now I need my knee to cooperate, or it's surgery time again. waa..waa
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: “Off season” maintenance - 05/21/19 04:46 PM

I've used the standard hardware store soft 1/2 inch aluminum tubing on many race cars with no problems , I do secure it so it won't vibrate or rub and try to stay away from the headers and exhaust system up
As you know being west of the Rockies helps on the corrosion problems the wet states have east of the Rockies work
I did replace the S.S covered rubber core tranny cooler lines two years ago with new Viton lined SS lines as preventive maintenance do to not knowing how old they where, when in doubt change it out up
© 2024 Moparts Forums