Moparts

Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat

Posted By: Bad340fish

Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat - 05/18/19 02:10 AM

Does anyone happen to have the pictures from Sanborn's thread on cooling over on Mopar Chat? It looks like they are long gone and I have had some interest in making some changes to my small block in this area and those pictures would be a good help. Thanks!
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat - 05/18/19 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Does anyone happen to have the pictures from Sanborn's thread on cooling over on Mopar Chat? It looks like they are long gone and I have had some interest in making some changes to my small block in this area and those pictures would be a good help. Thanks!

moparchat is gone? It still let me log in, but I can't find crap... Stupid FaceBook killed web forums! mad
Posted By: A990

Re: Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat - 05/18/19 04:01 AM

Moparchat is still on the wayback machine. It's such a shame those cooling mod photos were lost
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat - 05/18/19 11:47 AM

MoparChat seems to working still but all the pictures from that thread are dead links.

After reading through that thread I was at least able to determine that my R1 W2 combo has most of the mods already done, it looks like I need to drill a few small holes in my head gaskets and restrict the outlet from the back of the block some. It still would be nice to see the pictures.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat - 05/21/19 07:24 PM

DO NOT drill extra holes into head gaskets... NEVER... unless you want to increase engine temperatures and create hot-spots in the block/heads (then monitor it???)... they are controllers of flow volume and direction. The extra casting holes (and sizes) in blocks/heads are there primarily to remove sand during the casting process.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat - 05/21/19 10:59 PM

From memory I saved them all, I'd have to troll through an old external hard drive to find them
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Sanborn's Cooling Thread-MoparChat - 05/21/19 11:23 PM

External cold water to the rear core plugs (like on the Cummins retro-fix). Adjust temperature balance by restricting water delivery.
© 2024 Moparts Forums