Moparts

push rods indy ez heads

Posted By: challenged448

push rods indy ez heads - 05/07/19 02:10 AM

looking for a set of push rods for a rb indy ez heads with a hydraulic roller cam
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: push rods indy ez heads - 05/07/19 02:26 AM

Your best bet would be to get an adjustable checking pushrod and order a set after you measure exactly what you need twocents
Posted By: 383man

Re: push rods indy ez heads - 05/07/19 04:15 AM

I use EZ heads on my car and I have an adjustable pushrod. Once I got the right lenth I called Manton and had them made. Ron
Posted By: AndyF

Re: push rods indy ez heads - 05/07/19 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by challenged448
looking for a set of push rods for a rb indy ez heads with a hydraulic roller cam

There is no such thing on the shelf since you need to know which rocker arms you are using as well as which lifters. Some lifters use a different cup size so you need to measure the lifter to see what size of ball is needed. Some rocker arms use a cup and some use a ball end. You also need to know if you are oiling thru the pushrod or not and you need to know the spring load and engine RPM range so you can figure out what diameter and wall thickness that you need.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: push rods indy ez heads - 05/07/19 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by challenged448

There is no such thing on the shelf since you need to know which rocker arms you are using as well as which lifters. Some lifters use a different cup size so you need to measure the lifter to see what size of ball is needed. Some rocker arms use a cup and some use a ball end. You also need to know if you are oiling thru the pushrod or not and you need to know the spring load and engine RPM range so you can figure out what diameter and wall thickness that you need.
iagree
Andy pointed out all of the information needed to get you the correct ones for your motor up
Posted By: jbc426

Re: push rods indy ez heads - 05/07/19 12:56 PM

Make sure the intake pushrods don't have interference with the heads. I had to have mine clearanced on the outside of the intake port casting.

Manton can sell you some checking pushrods. Put them in, adjust them and send it back to them . They will make you a nice set.

Be careful not to float the valves in the motor. Mine floated at 5700 rpm and resulted in some nasty valve train harmonics that ate up some valve train parts. I ended up going solid roller, so I could run more spring pressure. Do you know what seat pressure they set your heads up with?.
Posted By: challenged448

Re: push rods indy ez heads - 05/07/19 03:31 PM

thanks for advise will have a set made
© 2024 Moparts Forums