Moparts

JBody

Posted By: Wax

JBody - 04/29/19 12:21 AM

JBody has moved to the sixth round at MATS. Go cousin.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 01:00 AM

drive

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 01:20 AM

Onto the finals. Hope he can get it done.

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 01:49 AM

.007 RED. Heck of a weekend. Congrats to my cousin. After smashing his k member, swapping the engine out and the rest of the things he did to make this race. WOW. Keep on keeping on Jay. You the man today, well almost.
Posted By: dvw

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 09:19 AM

Excellent outing. Congrats. Boy am I familiar with .00x red.
Doug
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 10:42 AM

Congrats. Heck of an effort. Seems like it was an exiting week. Your effort was rewarded.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 04:36 PM

Well done Jay! boogie beer
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 04:43 PM

Jay had a very good weekend for sure, even took pity on me in round one of the $10K race on Saturday. He was the fastest car I ran before I bowed out. Trying to judge the stripe at 65-80MPH wasn't exactly my idea of fun..Congrats on the R/U in Pro yesterday. Looks like the guy you ran got you a little antsy as he was taking his time getting in. At any rate great weekend that ended with $$$ in your pocket.
Posted By: racerhog

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 06:04 PM

Good Job Jay !!!!! You done good with all you have had to do!!!
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: JBody - 04/29/19 10:50 PM

Congrats Jay on being the Last Loser. You were driving well
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: JBody - 04/30/19 02:22 AM

Thanks guys! Considering I was .096, .091, .094 out of the trailer I thought I was doomed for the weekend. It wasn’t until Sunday that we figured out a little more launch rpm got me in tune with the car.

We’ve had this “spare” engine since the mid to late 90’s. It was a friends circle track engine that ended up in the Duster and my dad ended up buying it. He raced it a few years and we did upgrade the cast crank (crack started to grow) and later it got a set of iron MP heads when they were on close out. They sport a 1.96 1.60 valve package with a little port work. KB dome pistons stock rods, crane non roller ductile rockers, Victor 340 intake. It sat for a few years when our W5 deal was alive and it was brought into service once again for a year between the W5 and W8 changeover. It’s been sitting in my shed since 2014 and due to me damaging the car a month and a half ago it ended up being the easy way for me to get to MaTS since I haven’t had the time/$$ to get the W8 headers repaired. Funny thing is years ago I tried to sell this thing for $3500 complete with headers, carb, distributer.... plug it in and race, and no takers. Glad it was here for me again! laugh2 btw it did run in the high 10s Sunday afternoon and 11.00 flat late in the day. Not too bad considering I don’t have the correct converter for it anymore.
© 2024 Moparts Forums